Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Lakip get PTI and return to the team ???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Does Lakip get PTI and return to the team ???

Jul 1, 2015, 3:39 PM

yeah ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nope. He gets PTI to keep his criminal record clean only.

Jul 1, 2015, 4:04 PM

He stays off the team. For good.

Re: Nope. He gets PTI to keep his criminal record clean only.

Jul 1, 2015, 8:21 PM

If he had no chance to return then Coach Swinney would have already released him from the team. This is his first offense they'll give a process for returning and if he does everything asked of him he'll be back.

We'll just have to see. That is a good point. If he were

Jul 2, 2015, 7:57 AM

gonna be gone, he'd be gone by now. However, possessing the bean powder is some pretty serious stuff.

Re: Nope. He gets PTI to keep his criminal record clean only.

Jul 2, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope. He gets PTI to keep his criminal record clean only. ]

I am telling yall, this is not his first offense. I believe if you will check in the clerk of courts office in Franklin Co. Georgia, you will find that while on our team he was arrested and plead guilty to a drug charge there. (What I have heard from L.E. anyway)

Re: Does Lakip get PTI and return to the team ???

Jul 1, 2015, 4:12 PM

Think this is a tough call for Dabo. Had it not been the coco bean, I think he definitely gets another chance. But because nose candy, I think he's probably gone.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 1, 2015, 4:17 PM

IF HE WAS GONE, WHY IS HE NOT GONE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2015, 5:26 PM

> IF HE WAS GONE, WHY IS HE NOT GONE.

Exactly. If Dabo we're going to kick him off the team he more than likely would've already done it. I can't recall anyone since Dabo took over as HC that was put on indefinite suspension that has not come back to join the team at some point.

Jul 1, 2015, 5:50 PM

It's not entirely up to Dabo.A D and Board have the biggest voice.
Probably factor the President in that.Clemson is bigger than a coke
head kicker.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blow-adderall

Jul 1, 2015, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Lakip get PTI and return to the team ??? ]

in the eyes of the judicial system. It's the DUI which will bring the kid down. Dabo won't let him participate until he's satisfied the courts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adderal and Cocaine are basically the same

Jul 1, 2015, 5:44 PM

both schedule II stimulants

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one exception is that adderall is flavored so that kids

Jul 1, 2015, 6:46 PM

will take it

Re: Adderal and Cocaine are basically the same

Jul 1, 2015, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Adderal and Cocaine are basically the same ]

small amounts of adderal and cocaine are probably considered equals under sentencing guidelines, but I think in the eyes of judges, juries, and thus society, adderal is still considered a prescription drug that gets abused.....cocaine is still regarded as the South American evil that continues to plague American youth.

I also think Lakip will get accepted into the "first time offender" program, do some community service, keep his nose clean (literally) and get his record expunged after a period of time. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him riding the pine for this entire season.....and thats because of the DUI.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he's guilty, found guilty or peas guilty of DUI.

Jul 2, 2015, 8:55 AM

There's still a significant process remaining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Adderal and Cocaine are basically the same ]

They are not at all the same. They are both Schedule II and they both are a form of stimulant but their effects are not the same. Cocaine is an analgesic narcotic. It is also a stimulant. Cocaine's stimulant effect is so minor that for many decades, it was not even classified as a stimulant. Its classification as a stimulant is fairly recent. Its predominant effect is analgesic narcotic. Adderal would be much more akin to meth than to coke.

Jul 2, 2015, 11:41 PM

Cocaine would be better classified as a topical anesthetic. Oxycodone and other opiates would fall into the narcotic analgesic class. I would put cocaine right along with methamphetamine as far as stimulant effects on the heart and circulatory system. Adderall, not so much, unless the product has been adulterated by crushing and exposed to mucous membranes as opposed to the GI tract.

Jul 3, 2015, 11:58 PM

Cocaine is a general anesthetic. Its medical use on people is local or topical, but it is a most effective general. Just ask any good Veterinarian that was using it before the DEA made it too aggravating for them to use.

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

Jul 6, 2015, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Adderal and Cocaine are basically the same ]

Not true. Cocaine is Schedule I which means ILLEGAL with no legitimate medicinal use.

Jul 2, 2015, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Lakip get PTI and return to the team ??? ]

I fail to see the logic in that. Cocaine is actually a performance enhancing drug. Pot? I would love to see him try and kick stoned.

Jul 1, 2015, 4:41 PM

pretty sure that decision will not be made until august, but would guess that he has a good chance to rejoin the team after missing a few games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2015, 5:13 PM

Yes, with 9000 hours of Dabo duty!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2015, 5:40 PM

If he keeps his nose clean and does some mighty fine butt kissing. I think a 3 or 4 game suspension is all he should get.

Jul 1, 2015, 5:49 PM

I doubt it given Sammy got two games for possession of controlled substance and simple possession of marijuana.

He wasn't convicted of DUI.

Jul 1, 2015, 7:48 PM

Neither is Lakip but he's been charged. I don't think this goes anywhere until he's tried or pleas. Dabo might entertain a no contest charge but if Ammon fights the charge nothing will happen until court is over.

Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Lakip get PTI and return to the team ??? ]

> If he keeps his nose clean

I see what you did there. Ha.

Jul 1, 2015, 6:43 PM

No telling but if I were coach he would be gone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Jul 2, 2015, 8:57 AM

We all assume he had the coke, but process, you know?

When the former President of the United States did the

Jul 1, 2015, 8:16 PM

same things as Lakip, not sure the outrage against him is justified. I guess he can't play football for Clemson, but he can be President of the United States, according to some of you.

4 games would include Louisville on a Thursday Night ESPN game and the Notre Dame game and should be enough of a heart breaker for him to learn his lesson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No news is good news.

Jul 2, 2015, 8:14 AM

The longer it goes the better chance he has of remaining on the team. I hope Dabo straightens the kid out if he can.

Best answer...***

Jul 2, 2015, 8:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, I'd like to have him back as a kicker too.

Jul 2, 2015, 8:52 AM

That could happen to anyone with one beer and a short line. It's sad to see a kid go down over one or two incidents.

I say that because if there'd have been more than a couple he'd already announced he was leaving. I can't say three is the magic number but I've never been in Dabo position. I trust his judgments here.

Same here... +1. Don't know the full background, though.***

Jul 2, 2015, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, I'd like to have him back as a kicker too.

Jul 2, 2015, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Oh, I'd like to have him back as a kicker too. ]

Are you sane 88 or drunk? You make very little sense with this post.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, I'm always drunk.

Jul 5, 2015, 2:28 PM

Dabo's priority is the welfare of the University and the team. His avenue toward that goal is to provide for, protect and govern our players. I believe he, as am I, is considerate of AL's personal welfare. I believe the primary reason for Dabo to discipline a player is for the player's benefit.

I think that's what makes Dabo as firm as any coach in the land when it comes to rules, see SOS's treatment of Garcia's infractions for the polar opposite. Look at Garcia's life since USuCk laid down the law. Where is he now?

In light of that understand, if AL works his way back on the team then he's headed the right way in life, he learned his lesson and paid the consequences for his infractions and wrong doings. That's a positive for Dabo and AL personally. I take it as a victory for Clemson's attitude toward these kids. Therefor I say, It will also be nice to have him back as a kicker.

PTI is not usually offered for DUI.

Jul 2, 2015, 10:03 AM

While Lakip may have some legal defenses to his charges, Dabo does not have to afford him the same rights as the justice system. He DID refuse to blow, and assuming the substance found in his car is determined to be cocaine, it appears he DID break that law (absent police corruption or the unlikely possibility that it belonged to someone else and Lakip was unaware it was in the car).

He will be punished regardless of the outcome of his criminal case. I am guessing Dabo will come down pretty hard, say 6 games out.

Re: PTI is not usually offered for DUI.

Jul 2, 2015, 10:05 AM

I AM GUESSING 4

Re: PTI is not usually offered for DUI.

Jul 2, 2015, 1:19 PM

At most 4 and that's enough

I hope y'all are right. Even if it is 4 we have to find

Jul 2, 2015, 2:59 PM

a decent replacement. We need a kicker at Louisville and for ND.

Shoulda kept his nose clean....

Jul 2, 2015, 11:27 PM

Get it? Nose clean?

Geez, I just kill me...

8-)

Go Tigers!

Just checked in on this since posting

Jul 5, 2015, 2:12 PM

thx for the responses.

1 thing I have a question about though - I thought PTI was def for stuff including DUI. ??

null

The Mothers of Invention would allow this.

Jul 5, 2015, 2:30 PM

The Mothers Against Drunk Driving won't.

I'm starting to believe he can make it.***

Jul 7, 2015, 12:01 AM

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic