Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
take it down now!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

take it down now!

Jul 1, 2015, 3:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a bunch of racist, rednecks start using them as a

Jul 1, 2015, 4:26 PM

symbol of hate?

quote is for the, liberal Baron and all of his ilk

Jul 1, 2015, 7:07 PM

baron--dont know abut bashfull you sound real cute. you know, real cute And assuming someone with no brain attached to their mouth---you. . Maybe shut your big yap and learn something. I am assuming you can read. Read this. you will learn why we honor the flag. You libs bore me. You have no history, no heritage. you are, unfortunately an empty shell.

On February 23, 1890, the Daily Clarion Ledger of Jackson, Mississippi printed a speech of a Mississippi legislator. His name was John F. Harris from Washington County. He had the opportunity to vote for Senate Bill #25, which was a bill to erect a Confederate Monument on the Capitol Square in Jackson, Mississippi. The bill did pass, and Mr. Harris, who was sick, got out of his bed to give a speech before the Senate. The following is a portion of that speech.

"Mr. Speaker, I have arisen here in my place to offer a few words on the bill. I have come from a sick bed. Perhaps it was not prudent for me to come, but Sir, I could not rest quietly in my room without contributing a few remarks of my own.

"I am sorry to hear the speech of the young gentleman from Marshall County. I am sorry that any son of a soldier should go on record as opposed to the erection of a monument in honor of their brave dead.

"And Sir, I am convinced that had he seen what I saw at Seven Pines and in the seven days fighting around Richmond, the battle field covered with the mangled forms of those who fought for their country and for their country's honor, he would not have made that speech.

"When the news came that the South had been invaded, those men went forth to fight for what they believed. And they made no requests for monuments. But they died and their virtues should be remembered. Sir, I went with them. I too wore the Gray. The same color my master wore. We stayed four long years and if that war had gone on until now, I would have been there yet.

"I want to honor those brave men who died for their convictions. When my mother died, I was a boy. Who Sir, then acted the part of a mother to the orphaned slave boy but my old misses. Was she living now or could speak to me from those high realms where gathered the sainted dead, she would tell me to vote for this bill, and Sir, I shall vote for it

"I want it known to all the world that my vote is given in favor of a bill to erect a monument in honor of the Confederate dead." --John Harris

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: quote is for the, liberal Baron and all of his ilk

Jul 1, 2015, 8:35 PM

Good read, thanks for posting it.

listen up Dumbduck

Jul 2, 2015, 12:07 AM [ in reply to quote is for the, liberal Baron and all of his ilk ]

I am a proud southerner. I have no problem with the confederate monument. And I'm certain there are a lot of people who hold the flag in high regard as a part of our heritage. Those people are not the problem. Heck, the flag itself is not the problem. The real issue is a bunch of racists have turned it into a symbol of hate. You want to be mad at someone, be mad at those that have created that perception.

I think it's time to take the flag down and put it in a museum where it belongs. I'm not advocating, nor would I support, removing monuments of any kind. There are plenty of ways to honor our confederate ancestors without flying a flag that like it or not has become the preferred symbol of racists.

Re: When a bunch of racist, rednecks start using them as a

Jul 1, 2015, 9:43 PM [ in reply to When a bunch of racist, rednecks start using them as a ]

No! Maybe we should use the black fist symbol instead. That makes it all okay? I don't mind taking the Confederate Flag down. It means nothing relating to what we face today, but sit back and watch how long it means anything to the ones who shout so loudly now that it should come down or what a symbol of hate it is. The flag is not a real issue. It, simply, is something from which to garner contributions from sheep who have to have a cause for which to rally. So many are unable to form their own opinions. Prejudice doesn't have a color, and racism is bad, no matter who practices it. The black fist is no different than the stars and bars. Both symbolize supremacy. Both are wrong. Sheep, no matter the color or cause, will be led to slaughter, not because they are sheep, but because they are stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When a bunch of racist, rednecks start using them as a

Jul 1, 2015, 10:18 PM [ in reply to When a bunch of racist, rednecks start using them as a ]

Time for the USA flag to come down as well. It is more offensive to Native Americans than the Confederate flag. Old Glory, the flag that flew as we were being massacred. It needs to go. It is the flag of a bunch of white thieves that stole our land.
Just as a side note, I am not really offended by Ole Glory. I love my country and my flag. Having said that, if black americans are going to get offended and demand change, I think its time for us to crank the Native pride movement back up and demand all yall trespassers (white and black) get off our native soil and quit offending us by occupying it.

Re: take it down now!

Jul 1, 2015, 4:28 PM

oddly, the Egyptians had labor unions and were paid actual money to build those.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/04-06-2013/124743-pyramids_giza-0/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very interesting article....

Jul 1, 2015, 7:43 PM

who would have thought that the "Drunkards of Menkaure" could perform such excellent work?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've reconciled to that long ago.

Jul 1, 2015, 5:19 PM

When I figured out the Egyptians had no significant contributions to the world's in Architecture before Joseph was carried there and became second only to Pharaoh, and none since Moses led the people out from bondage, I realized those monuments represented something significant to me.

Their enslavement is the perfect picture of my life of sin before Jesus saved me. He led me out of bondage to sin and into the freedom of His grace through my faith in the power of His blood.

I'm not the only student of Egypt to believe that Joseph was man's first known architect. His Egyptian name was Imhotep. He was a design builder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That and Noah's flood

Jul 1, 2015, 9:04 PM

killed the dinosaurs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I've reconciled to that long ago.

Jul 1, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to I've reconciled to that long ago. ]

Joseph made Egypt a true world super power.

Geez..when does my ship back to England leave?!

Jul 2, 2015, 12:02 AM

GiTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your have a 380SL Benz and a ship too?***

Jul 2, 2015, 6:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: take it down now!

Jul 1, 2015, 5:38 PM

ETUF (Egyptian Trade Union Federation) out of Cairo handles the work.

D'oh!

Jul 1, 2015, 7:25 PM

It's pretty common knowledge that the Egyptians didn't use slavery to build the pyramids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dude it wasn't slaves that built the pyramids

Jul 2, 2015, 6:49 AM

It was aliens. Geesh, you don't ever watch ancient aliens?

Alien slaves?

Jul 2, 2015, 7:20 AM

Maybe alien slave masters? Don't remember Stargate?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic