Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Coot FB program crushed & falls back to former days iF:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Is Coot FB program crushed & falls back to former days iF:

Jun 30, 2015, 10:33 PM

* Spur Retires after this or next season?

* They lose more games than last year?

* Clemson puts a whopping big loss on them in Willie B..after Spur made a big issue of it?

I say no but it's back to the drawing board for SC..finding & hiring that big name HC..recruiting headaches with a new staff ..trying to catch up with a DaBO coaching & recruting regime that's really starting to fly.

What say you?

GoTiGERS .. Keep leading them by 24 or more overall victories in the rivalry to show them who's been the college FB king in the state!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

* Resolution to take down the banner is passed

Jun 30, 2015, 11:19 PM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: * Resolution to take down the banner is passed

Jul 1, 2015, 8:58 AM

What banners?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Coot FB program crushed & falls back to former days iF:

Jun 30, 2015, 11:30 PM

depends if Tommy Tubbervile comes out of retirement and takes over. He is a proven SEC coach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tuberville

Jul 1, 2015, 7:59 AM

Is currently HC at Cincinnatti.

Yep, as "Tall_Tiger_2" said...the future for that Crowd isn't bright !

Jul 1, 2015, 8:18 AM

While for CLEMSON it appears to be rosy Orange!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tuberville

Jul 1, 2015, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Tuberville ]

To be fair retirement > HFC @ Cincinnati

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

"WhAt SaY yOu?"- My take....

Jun 30, 2015, 11:53 PM

In regards to our feathered "delirious" rivals... well they're delusional. These folks call for a ten win season every year and yet it took them over a hundred years to even win a bowl game. They love to bash us (on any occasion) as well as the ACC BUT YET they proudly display an ACC title in their own stadium.

These are the same folks that love to shoot down a Tiger when we speak of accomplishments and titles; yet they have nothing at all to speak of. Nothing. Their claim to fame is a conference affiliation. Nothing more and nothing less. You'll notice how they all get bitter when we talk about history because they have none. We talk history and they talk of keeping things relevant. Personally, I'm ok with that because the national perspective of the two schools is very telling. Simply put, leave the Midlands and folks know that USC is in LA. Wow, they won an Outback Bowl. Who cares. In their best season, what happened? How far did it get them? No where.

Look, regardless of how this thing works out with Darth Visor there will always be a BS excuse. He did the same thing when he failed as a Washington Redskins coach. He blamed it all on Snyder. It's what a coot does- blame it on some external situation while never fully taking the blame for short comings. He did the same thing at Florida when they lost to FSU and his RB went down with an injury. Spurrier said FSU intentionally hurt their RB, "It's the way they run the show up there," Spurrier said of the Seminoles. Leave it to FSU AD Dave Hart to put Steve in his place by saying, "It probably would be good if somebody'd just spank Spurrier and put him to bed and hope that he wakes up all grown up." Well played Mr. Hart. It's what people have been saying for years.

Would you want your kids saying this about you as a father?- "Lisa and I had an unwritten rule when we were kids that we weren't going to do anything my dad could coach us in." Amy Spurrier said in an interview with SportsIllustrated.

I digress but back to the Washington Redskins debacle... Rather than face the music that his failures in Washington were his own fault, he diverted attention to everyone but himself; including owner Dan Snyder. "You can't cut 'em and get rid of 'em so they're never gonna listen to you. I wasn't in charge." Lineman Jon Jansen recalls it alittle differently, "There always seemed to be an excuse. It's just a whole lot of bulls---." Ross Tucker went on to berate Spurrier even further noting, "He was by far the worst coach I ever had." According to Tucker, he had revelation while playing in a preseason game versus Pittsburgh. "We actually only have two pass protections," Tucker recalled, "and the Steelers are laughing at us, and Shane Matthews and Danny Wuerffel are getting blown up." Tucker was later cut by the Redskins but had one last conversation with the old senile ball coach. He recalls the conversation and Spurrier saying, "Cowboys, huh? Don't be telling 'em any of my secrets." Tucker thought to himself, "Number one, your secrets are pathetic, and number two, as soon as I get there tomorrow, I'm actually going to tell them every single thing I can remember about your pathetic offense." After his debacle in with Redskins the NFL made no further calls to Spurrier as his gig was up. He is now known as one of the worst NFL coaching experiments ever.

One would like to think that the son of a minister would have learned some humility and decency during his father's preachings. Instead, Spurrier has never been one to accept nor appreciate a compliment. We're talking about a man whose own daughter even once booed him. Even when he was between jobs he couldn't relax and be a decent guy. His own children recall how awful it was to have him constantly around the house and not coaching- "It wasn't a fun time, I can tell you that much."

Spurrier is indeed a sad, pathetic, grouchy, blame-others type of guy, and nothing would make me happier than to see him crash and burn at the fake usc.

The picture you've painted.

Jul 1, 2015, 1:50 AM

really makes one appreciate the coach and staff we currently have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: "WhAt SaY yOu?"- My take....

Jul 1, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to "WhAt SaY yOu?"- My take.... ]

BOOM!!!!!!! This post should go to immediate legend and post of the day status!

I think Corso said it best...

Jul 1, 2015, 12:36 AM

"I don't think Spurrier wins the SEC or national title," Corso said in the clip dated September 1, 2005. "I don't care if he coaches here 400 years."

While USuCk may be in the bandwagon SEC footprint, I think that conference is quickly losing its unwarranted luster. So the appeal of the school as being a viable coaching spot for any big name coach just isn't there. It's a death sentence for whoever goes there. They can literally accomplish nothing meaningful outside of this state, and even now, that tide has turned.

They've doomed themselves when Slurrier made his remarks. Now they're hanging onto the one guy responsible for returning their program to the trenches with his loose lips. The future isn't bright for that crowd. I'm unsure of how long they'll be down. I'll admit, Slurrier did show that almost anything is possible with their 11 win seasons. But in the end, there is nothing to show for it. Just a lot of empty threats and promises...in other words, Bama mouths with a Vandy trophy case at their back. I think it'll be a long, long time before USuCk emerges back into some form of relevance...aside from the occasional scandal/probation of course.

Bama Mouths w/a Vandy Trophy Case

Jul 1, 2015, 9:04 AM

That is soooo true. I can't think of a better way to put it. To be honest, though, they aren't quite at either end of that spectrum, but they're close on both.

Re: I think Corso said it best...

Jul 1, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to I think Corso said it best... ]

HA!! I like the Bama mouth part, but they need no comparison on the trophy case... they stand on their own lack of merit in that regard...

Jul 1, 2015, 8:36 AM

While we won't always be as successful as we were from '10-'13 we probably won't fall back to the '98-'99 status again.

Too much money involved now to where we will always have the opportunity to make a good hire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jul 1, 2015, 9:04 AM

They can hire whomever they want it isnt going to help. Spurrier and his offense wasnt the reason they had success from 10-13. All those games were won on the defensive side of the ball. If it wasnt for one JD Clowney USuCk wouldve been a 7-8 win team those years. Yes he was that good. Last year was supposed to be the year Spurrier finally had the offense to run what he wanted. Boy they sure killed it didnt they.

Whatever, our # 1 D made Spur's O look like JV team. Sad!

Jul 1, 2015, 11:26 AM

GoTiGERS ..keep RocKing 'em again in 2015 for overall 25 more wins..from that little Cow College that Spur calls that "Upstate Team".

Not sure I quite agree - coots had a terrible team last fall

Jul 2, 2015, 10:05 AM

They were putrid and scored 17 on us and left some points on the field. Looking back, I'm disappointed we didn't completely blow their doors off.

Most coaches aren't as egotistical and foolish as Slurrier..

Jul 1, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Coot FB program crushed & falls back to former days iF: ]

When he leaves, you'll have a hard time finding someone with any level of integrity to take over a program that is spiraling downward like a weak flushing toilet.

Mark Dantonio ain't leaving Michigan State for Chicken Central but based on your history, a scumbag like Jimm Tressel will probably be your primary target anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

See, this is where I think there is a little more sunshine

Jul 1, 2015, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Coot FB program crushed & falls back to former days iF: ]

pumping than is warranted. I've argued so many times against coots that money =/= success. If that were true, Texas would have been butchering everyone for quite some time. If you're being honest (no garnet colored glasses), you would agree that your school is ONE of the least desirable in the SEC. I mention this because 'SEC' is always brought to the forefront of the conversation anytime this discussion arises. There is very little history, long standing tradition, or recurrent success for the gamecocks. This isn't appealing for most well known coaches worth their salt. They need SOMETHING to help them recruit other than empty promises, no conference championships, and a single ACC banner to boast. And hiring a good coach that is a good fit for any program is the exception, not the rule. You guys act like replacing Slurrier (who no doubt is a pretty good coach despite his ego and verbal diarrhea) is a piece of cake...a given. That is very, very far from reality. Truth is, you may go through several coaches before you guys find someone that can work a little magic with your program.

Re: See, this is where I think there is a little more sunshine

Jul 2, 2015, 9:11 AM

Money doesn't guarantee success but it gives you the opportunity to be successful. Texas won't always win the national championship but they'll never go 1-21 like we did.

Yes we are the fourth best job in the SEC East and the 8th/9th best in the SEC but that still puts us in the top 25/30 nationally.

I didn't say we would make a great next hire, but we have nothing that would prevent us from having the opportunity to hire a great coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4th best?

Jul 2, 2015, 9:23 AM

UT, Bama, AU, UGA, UF, say HI. I'd say thanks to Vandy and UK you're not in the cellar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4th best?

Jul 2, 2015, 9:52 AM

Neither auburn or alabama are in the east...

It is entirely debatable.....

Jul 2, 2015, 11:04 AM

if the $CU job is better than Vandy or Kentucky and if it is (and that's a BIG if), it would only be marginally better (at best).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROFL....

Jul 2, 2015, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: See, this is where I think there is a little more sunshine ]

Fourth best job in the SEC East, the 8th/9th best in the $EC and one of the top 25/30 jobs nationally !?!?!?!

The funniest part is, you actually believe it's true.

More grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism from an $CU fan. Now there's a shocker.

Re: ROFL....

Jul 2, 2015, 12:36 PM

Your lack of self awareness amazes me biggie.

Your lack of intelligence amazes me.***

Jul 2, 2015, 1:14 PM

Re: Your lack of intelligence amazes me.***

Jul 2, 2015, 1:18 PM

You really don't realize you're that irrational homer, do you?

You wrote "IF"..... Now that's funny***

Jul 2, 2015, 10:00 AM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic