Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What tools do you use to get through DT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,103

What tools do you use to get through DT?

Jun 30, 2015, 10:26 AM

from the moment of the last out of the College World Series until the opening kickoff on Thursday of the opening weekend of College Football are always the longest 2+ months of the year. Last weekend, the first weekend without college sports is always brutal for this tiger. the following are mere bandaids to aid through the process.

- preseason football magazines. can't wait for Steele's to come out, there is so much information in there it can keep me occupied for hours. like him or not, his magazine is head and shoulders above the others. i have purchased a couple of magazines already, but they do not compare to Steele's.
- follow recruiting. even this is tough with the dead time. the all in cookout will likely provide some news.
- go on vacation. not an option for me this year, but sometimes a week or two away from everything can pass the time more quickly
- start planning your football weekends of the fall. this is a bit bittersweet, knowing that they are so far off. i bought a ticket to go to the chicken/uncheat game and will be sitting with some heel friends. its not clemson, but pulling against the chickens is the next best thing. buying tailgating supplies and the anticipation of receiving season tickets are some highlights as well.
- clemson replays on espnu and/or youtube. sometimes this just makes me depressed.
- follow other sporting events. MLB, yawn. Wimbleton and Golf, Yawn. but at least there are some live events to watch. canadian and arena league may be best options here ;)
- preseason NFL games. i know i am in the minority, but i love the preseason games. they are always a sign that real football is getting closer. plus this is a chance to see players you are not likely to see in the regular season. Charlie w and boyd hopefully will get a few snaps.
- Clemson football media guide. this goes for other schools too, they are coming out online earlier and earlier.
- take up a hobby. challenging when your hobby is college football but it may work.

i know i am missing a few, any other ideas for clemson fans out there? i need some help getting through this most difficult time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ALL IN!!

There are plenty of tools that

Jun 30, 2015, 10:28 AM

post regularly on the Tigerboreds.

If that's what you meant?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

link?***

Jun 30, 2015, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure

Jun 30, 2015, 10:53 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?id=73677

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

seems a good place to start. does that juan not has

Jun 30, 2015, 11:00 AM

any friends?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yours is a fine list...***

Jun 30, 2015, 10:31 AM

Re: What tools do you use to get through DT?

Jun 30, 2015, 10:35 AM

Bream pole and a cricket bucket works for me

Bewbs and beer....

Jun 30, 2015, 10:40 AM

Of course, that's just me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Go'Merica!***

Jun 30, 2015, 10:59 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jun 30, 2015, 10:45 AM

Uppers and downers

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Jun 30, 2015, 10:53 AM

Movies... Golf.... The beach...Movies

The good news is that ESPNU is now starting the best football of 2014!

Clemson FSU was on this morning at 6 am

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2015, 11:09 AM

This season the DT has been longer for me.
All the hype around DW and just hoping he will have the season that we are all dreaming of.
He has the talent but coming back from his injury, will he be the same?

Smack talk with family, friends, or co-workers about....

Jun 30, 2015, 11:49 AM

upcoming seasons. Make friendly wagers about over/unders on season win totals. Wager on Clemson/South Carolina game. Research team schedules and determining projected win totals can occupy hours of time over several days or weeks. Usually I look at all ACC, SEC, and some other national power teams. That way, I always have talking points and can sound intelligent to opposing fan bases.

I live in GA so I usually hear about UGA football everywhere I go. I love to bring up Mark Richt and underperforming. The UGA fans start fighting with themselves and I slink away back into the shadows.

Akkyhall

Jun 30, 2015, 1:11 PM

followed by Vokka. Lots and lots of Vokka. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,103
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic