Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"I was born in a cross-fire hurricane..."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,140

"I was born in a cross-fire hurricane..."

Jun 30, 2015, 7:59 AM

You poor folks who'll have to traverse the highways and byways of West Raleigh tomorrow have my sympathy. The Rolling Stones will once again perform in Carter-Finlay Stadium there at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds right where it legs off to I-40 and to major suburbs Cary and Apex.

I remember watching rush hour from the tailgating area outside the stadium the last time Mick and Keith and the boys graced Wake County with their presence. And I was danged glad I wasn't out in it. It won't be any better in the summer heat Wednesday afternoonb

If you're goin', go early....a bunch of us Tiger fans found out years ago, the local constabulary don't appreciate "rolling tailgates".....and those same officers are beginning their "Booze It & Lose It" holiday drunk driving campaign this week as well--(the big kick-off was appropriately held in Fayetteville --where Rev Dodd undoubtedly covered the goings on)--so caution is the byword.

Ah, the memories (mammaries??)....I was offered an opportunity to see the Stones play in Tuscaloosa in '69 when I was just a freshman at our alma mater.....a rare attack of good sense kept me from accompanying the folks who made that journey NONE of whom I ever saw again....but I did manage to catch them on their "Sticky Fingers" tour in 1972 in Albuquerque......Stevie Wonder b/up'ed by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas opened the show....tickets were $6.50

Y'all have fun now....yaheah?? And be reeeel careful!

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And no alchy will be sold inside.***

Jun 30, 2015, 9:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...But it's all right now." - I was there (1989, I think)

Jun 30, 2015, 9:48 AM

and I remember thinking - "Dang, these guys are old." 26 years later - they haven't gotten any younger (and neither have I).

Dave Barry had a funny line about meeting Mick Jagger in person. He said he looked like Yoda in a Mick Jagger wig.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "...But it's all right now." - I was there (1989, I think)

Jun 30, 2015, 10:15 AM

I was too. Pretty sure it was '89

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Stones were SO good...

Jun 30, 2015, 9:59 AM

Their 60's to mid 70's work is some of the best rock ever made. Especially:

Beggar's Banquent
Exile On Main Street
Sticky Fingers
Let It Bleed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4