Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, he just called the kettle black....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 4,664

Well, he just called the kettle black....

Jun 30, 2015, 1:31 AM

LoveMeSomeTigers:

"Some guys grandfathered in gazillion points before there was even a thumbs down. That and some guys spend most of the entire time they're awake (literally sun up until bedtime) posting on this site, collecting votes from similar guys who are completely oblivious to the world beyond their computer screens, then you have the guys with all those variables plus numerous "scok" handles they use to vote for themselves, as weird as that is.

Let's face it,

1) If these guys had to start at 0 with a thumbs down function intact, they would likely have as sucky or even a suckier pulse than most anyone.

2) If the moderators would provide the ID of people giving votes either up or down, then you see a lot less shenanigans from the aforementioned oblivious gentlemen:

a) You'd see the same guys voting certain people down for no reason other than misplaced hatred in their lives.

b) You'd be able to see the accumulation of voting scoks from these said individuals.

This site has dropped in paying membership by over 50% since the pulse system in it's current setup was instituted. I am one. The site is now run like a preschool class, and this is exactly where some of our self-esteem boosted for nothing, self-proclaimed geniuses enjoy living.

If the moderators were to take a vote on the system (and ensured only one vote per member, i.e. not voting scoks), then I have no doubt it would be shot down in flames. It would undoubtedly increase membership.

These are just the simple facts. This childish voting system is a complete waste of time. There's a valid reason you don't see anything else like it out there. Heck, not even Facebook has a thumbs down or a pulse rating.

Now dsp, these are just the simple facts here. I have said nothing to insult anyone nor do these words make me someone to take the wrath of an immature tantrum.

Can you do it? LOL. Here comes the misplaced wrath in 4..3..2.."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, he just called the kettle black....

Jun 30, 2015, 1:56 AM

If having a thumbs down to something you write on a sports message board causes you self-esteem issues ...
You might be a Coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm just curious as to how many years it takes for a Tug

Jun 30, 2015, 8:07 AM

Pilot to become inured to the single finger salute....I,myself, have not gotten past receiving and extending one to Guides on the Wando who seem to have no respect for recreational anglers. I wonder if the do the same to passers by that push a wake that rocks their 23 footers much the same as they rock my 18 footer........

Just wanted you to know

Jun 30, 2015, 2:15 AM

I "thumbs downed" your post.

A grown-assed man worrying about meaningless garbage on an internet message board? Really?

If that upsets you I hope more people give you a thumbs down.

Re: Just wanted you to know

Jun 30, 2015, 2:37 AM

He didn't realize that his entire post was an immature tantrum before mentioning that his rant might make him the target of immature tantrums .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You most definitely missed the point...

Jun 30, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Just wanted you to know ]

The point is there are those (they know who they are and have surfaced in this thread) who live and breath their lives here with a perceived real-life meaning to the preschool-like goldstar system propagated by the moderators, and 10 other guys think makes them cool in the real world.

Simply pointing these undeniable facts doesn't mean that I seek acceptance via the meaningless system, and it doesn't make me a pot or a kettle. Quite the contrary actually.

I've stated these undeniable truths knowing full well the teen girl tantrums I would run into. It's actually quite funny reading reactions, as it ends up being a nice summary of the folks guilty of the very things being accused.

The system is ghey, it's childish, and it promotes small sect of people who truly believe it empowers them while they continually engage in the very same activities they pretend to abhor.

And finally, please be very clear in the fact I have not been unreasonable in anything I've said. Instead note the people who respond as I'm some sort of real life enemy guilty of some sort of heinous crime. They will be mad then a few of them will stem off in the same line of witless jokes they've been using daily for several years. Ultimately it will come full circle - a few of them will frantically vote down every word I say while they and their socks engage in a vote up ####, meanwhile begging Bmeist to ban the villain! Just watch and see how it plays out. The guilty will show their guilt, and the one merely pointing it out and looking for a better run, more balanced website will be shunned into hiding by a few guilty as charged.

Have a good day. Life is good.

Re: You most definitely missed the point...

Jun 30, 2015, 11:18 AM

The problem is that your thinking so hard about it and taking Tnet way too seriously.

stanley is broken; he's special.***

Jun 30, 2015, 11:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no one missed the point stanley and the mods haven't

Jun 30, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to You most definitely missed the point... ]

missed any of your hate laced attacks whether in open forum or the more heinous ones you saved for tmail.

you are broken, over the years that's become obvious to most save you. you've had numerous, too many to count, users deleted by the mods for your absurdities, foulness & hate to the point you have been permanently banned from the site.

i know it will fall on deaf ears, but every last bit of that is on you and only you. if you've tried prayer, sought help or free will to curtail your despicable attacks it has all failed miserably.

good luck in life and continued prayers to those who must deal with your anger & hate in their daily lives.

as always, looking forward to your next user.

@B-Meist

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are either a very good troll our a very insecure person

Jun 30, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to You most definitely missed the point... ]

Either way. . I enjoy your contributions to tnet.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You are either a very good troll our a very insecure person

Jun 30, 2015, 3:39 PM

The thing is, we'll never know. Poe's law is in full effect.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

LOL...you stopped donating because

Jun 30, 2015, 5:01 AM

of a fantasy internet point system? Nice.

It would be cool if the points could be used for something

Jun 30, 2015, 3:02 PM

Other than a D measuring contest. It's obvious there are no Tnet Steak Knives - I've checked with Bmeist.

How about for 500 points, or whatever number, you can ban a coot with a low pulse? Or a Tnet Poker room where you can gamble with your points? Lol just ideas...Bmeist?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jun 30, 2015, 5:52 AM

Can't we all just enjoy some good ole' Clemson sports talk?

The camaraderie on the site is well worth my donations,

Jun 30, 2015, 6:08 AM

because I enjoy the interchanges, good and bad, among our members...most all of whom are pretty good ole folks simply having a good time.

I've found it wise to maintain a healthy sense of levity, a keen sense of humor...even self-effacing...and to allow for the fact that my opinions are generally no better nor worse than another's. What I have learned is that there are quite a number of very knowledgable participants about our programs, and for that I remain thankful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning Hartins.

Jun 30, 2015, 6:17 AM

Dead on, as usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good morning to my good Friend, too....Hope all goes well as

Jun 30, 2015, 6:27 AM

you prepare for the holiday weekend.

We'll be on Lake Murray all day for a cookout, the boat parade and fireworks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm dusting off my old Lee Greenwood CD now.

Jun 30, 2015, 6:33 AM

We are spending all day Saturday with family and friends. Should be a very good time. Y'all stay safe on the Lake!

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Greenwood is a featured artist on a local radio tie-in with

Jun 30, 2015, 6:49 AM

the fireworks display, which occurs from opposing ends of the lake.

We always set up on a point beachhead on an island directly across from the firing nearest the Lake Murray ###, and the sight of hundreds of boats dotting the lake at night is something to see. Navigating back to our dock later that night is a hair-raising adventure of itself that requires deftness and a somewhat sober mind! Lol

Re: Good morning Hartins.

Jun 30, 2015, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Good morning Hartins. ]

No he's still hanging in there...ooh you said dead on.

are you playing nice...

Jun 30, 2015, 8:09 AM [ in reply to The camaraderie on the site is well worth my donations, ]

again?

that's so you...

;)

oh and good morning, hartins.

This is the sophisticated version of "relax, and take the stick out your ####"***

Jun 30, 2015, 8:57 AM [ in reply to The camaraderie on the site is well worth my donations, ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 30, 2015, 7:32 AM

""That and some guys spend most of the entire time they're awake (literally sun up until bedtime) posting on this site,""

Your post was made at 1:30 a.m. Just enjoy TNET and have fun.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let's see here....

Jun 30, 2015, 8:12 AM

* Grandfathered points? Nope.

* Posting sun up to sun down? If I won the lottery, perhaps ... alas, I've got a real job and real family.

* Shilling oblivious fools? Hey, it's Tigernet ... I'm getting points from folks who came on here thinking it's still a #### site (for those who remember the Tigernet2 days!)

*Scoks? Nope. And I still keep my real name on my info page. The day I can't be who I am, there's no reason for me to consider myself a Son of Clemson.

* Posting NSFW pics? Nope, not even Laura Bowden or T'Tide's wife.

Let's face it,

Most of the guys on here with a bazillion points have been around a while, just like us guys who get senior discounts at Taco Bell ... except those are actually worth something!

Most also "earned" (if you can indeed earn something without value) points by carving a niche. Mine happens to be that I have no fear of snakes. Also, I love Clemson and what it stands for, what it has provided myself and countless others and a willingness to share that with anyone who will listen.

Now, I don't know you by handle, but if you drop by my tailgate, there will always be a beer and conversation on ice. I like to handle my business on T'net in the same fashion.

Unless you've already poisoned the well of civil discourse, give it a try. You may find Scoks are nothing more than an electronic boogeyman, fearful only to those who cling to points like a miser with his last bag of coin.

I find that the more points you give away, the more replace them. Is it true? I dunno. But the dang things don't seem to serve any other purpose, so why worry about them? Drop me to 0 points and I'll still love Clemson. Drive my pulse below the vilest Capon, and I'll still love Clemson. Vote or don't vote, and my appreciation for Clemson will not change.

If your heart reflects the spirit of Clemson, then points will come. THAT is the secret, and one I'm happy to share.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RevIsed, you seem like an awesome dude and

Jun 30, 2015, 11:19 AM

..the subject post was in no way intended for you. You are legit and not a tantrum throwing child who thinks they run the site and spoil it for the masses. There are about 5-6 of the guys fitting the subject description, and you sir are nowhere near fitting that description.

Please sir, as you were.

RevDodd spellchucked to Revised.

Jun 30, 2015, 11:19 AM

Sorry about that.

I've been called MUCH worse ...

Jun 30, 2015, 11:37 AM

...and the offer for beer and conversation still stands.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha ...TigerTide

Jun 30, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Well, let's see here.... ]

Good memories, Rev!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

the Ignore button is your friend. Ah, but you have to donate. I've

Jun 30, 2015, 8:15 AM

been able to activate Hide Ignored Messages when necessary to avoid seeing the endless inane threads that wind back and forth across the page with the same four people replying to each other a hundred times. Odd thing is, it also means you can't thumb them up (more of a tip of the hat than anything of real value) if they take your Ignore as a sign you disagree with them or something and they Ignore you back. Oh, well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't understand. Are you "smed" and "dsp"?***

Jun 30, 2015, 8:23 AM

null

Who cares that much about Tigernet?***

Jun 30, 2015, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing you do, judging by your 24,000+ posts,

Jun 30, 2015, 1:13 PM

and the fact that you paid money for something that is free.

Jokes on you because I've been here since 2004

Jun 30, 2015, 1:26 PM

when I was a freshman at Clemson and I'm taking grad classes currently making me a student.

Student level = free.

3977 days since I joined, 24314 posts equals about 6 posts a day.

6 posts a day sounds like a lot to me. And just for the

Jun 30, 2015, 3:35 PM

record, I was just surmising that it seems like you care a lot about this site. I don't pretend to know if you really do or not.

The secret was lbods.***

Jun 30, 2015, 2:12 PM

The reason i donate

Jun 30, 2015, 3:09 PM

Is because of all the great information this site gives us and they don't put out any false rumors. They have great articles on coaches and players, they are spot on with there updates and breaking news, and they keep up with the recruiting. I could care less about the point system and pulse, it doesn't determine how much i love Clemson

Jun 30, 2015, 3:50 PM

Great post agree 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 36
| visibility 4,664
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic