Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can team USA beat Germany tomorrow night.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Can team USA beat Germany tomorrow night.....

Jun 29, 2015, 5:34 PM

and advance to Sunday's FIFA World Cup championship game?

This is the fourth Women's World Cup meeting between the two teams, all in the knockout stage, and the previous three winners all went on to win the title. Since losing to Germany in the 2003 semifinals (the last time they met in the World Cup), the United States is undefeated in 11 straight meetings (6-0-5) in the series, outscoring the Germans 19-9. Their most recent meeting, on April 5, 2013, was a 3-3 draw in Germany. The United States leads the all-time series 18-4-7. The U.S. women beat Germany in the 1999 quarterfinals and 1991 semifinals.

So who wins? The Germans have a ton of offensive talent lead by Celia Sasic who leads all World Cup scorers with six goals, and they are very good on the ball, but the US has a rock solid defense that hasn't allowed a goal in 423 minutes, the third-longest streak in Women's World Cup history.

The concern I have is the US teams ongoing inability to put the ball in the net, and it is my fear this will be their undoing tomorrow night against Germany.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

2 things, pigs of leading scorer & ##### is this doing

Jun 29, 2015, 5:38 PM

in real football?

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Valid question(s).***

Jun 29, 2015, 5:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Let me fix it for you guys

Jun 29, 2015, 6:57 PM [ in reply to 2 things, pigs of leading scorer & ##### is this doing ]

Alex Morgan in body paint. Yum

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is she wearing a bro?

Jun 29, 2015, 8:50 PM

She needs a bro.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we competing against Germany in modeling?***

Jun 29, 2015, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Let me fix it for you guys ]

Re: Can team USA beat Germany tomorrow night.....

Jun 29, 2015, 5:42 PM

Can they....? Yes. Will they...? Who freaking knows.

Jun 29, 2015, 5:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUalapUZyU

We can match their speed, athleticism, hustle

Jun 29, 2015, 6:14 PM

and physical play but our maddening inability to net the ball around the box area could kill us against that powerhouse team. Wambach has lost a lot due to age so we need our attack to come from midfield as well as from the other front liners. Id love to see Leroux go off on the wing. Love that Johnston kid.....she brings the lunchpail every match.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2015, 6:33 PM

With Rapino back in the line up and Morgan now up to the speed of the game I like USA chances. Abby Wambach needs to stay on the bench until the 2nd half.

Jun 29, 2015, 8:46 PM

Rapinoe is crucial being back, but I say play Abby Wambach in the first half and start bring the heat with Rodriguez or Laroux in the 2nd. They have crazy speed and hustle already, if you match that against a already tired Germany could crucial. Also I think that Germany having to go into OT and PK's in the quarterfinals will take a toll on them as well. But no matter who the 11 out there are as long as Johnston and Saurbraun and Solo are in the back I feel confident. Go USA!!

Rapinoe is good but she needs to realize its not a 1 woman

Jun 30, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Can team USA beat Germany tomorrow night..... ]

game. She takes too many touches

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Cpl of things: Rapinoe has to run the offense on her

Jun 29, 2015, 7:04 PM

natural left side, Morgan and Wambach need to play like they used to. Press needs to not play. Rapinoe is the game-changer if u ask me- was in 2011

Re: Cpl of things: Rapinoe has to run the offense on her

Jun 29, 2015, 7:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Lost me there but I'm often lost lol***

Jun 29, 2015, 7:14 PM

Re: Lost me there but I'm often lost lol***

Jun 29, 2015, 7:23 PM

I found myself in the galley of the tug , in front of our tv the other night watching US womens soccer play China . I then found myself cheering and chewing my fingers, like I do at Clemson football games .
It dawned on me ...the soccer is not so bad . I can watch the soccer if it involves our university or our country .
I'm never going to be interested in it otherwise ...but in those two parameters I am very happy to tune in.
Go US Ladies sportsball teams !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I can understand that. Agree too. Did you see my Alex

Jun 29, 2015, 7:48 PM

Morgan in body paint post above?

Re: I can understand that. Agree too. Did you see my Alex

Jun 29, 2015, 7:51 PM

Yes . There are several very pretties on our team .
If it were a "good looking girls " match ...i think the USA would win hands down .

DB23

Re: Cpl of things: Rapinoe has to run the offense on her

Jun 29, 2015, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Cpl of things: Rapinoe has to run the offense on her ]

I like that Rapinoe is rested for this match...really like what O'Hara did against China. Wambach shouldn't start, but could be key in the final 30 or so minutes.

The US back line is stronger, which allows for more attacking style to pen Germany back...and push the backs into the attack whenever Germany is forced to withdraw. I like the US speed...also think it's crucial the US scores first. One goal will get us three...but trying to come from behind will be really, really tough to do.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Johnston was impressive too.***

Jun 29, 2015, 8:44 PM

If they play with the urgency they did against China,

Jun 29, 2015, 8:05 PM

they will win. Rapinoe back in the line-up, a rested Wambach, Morgan, et al will bring it. Our D has not genuinely been tested, but they will be against Germany. Which USA team shows up?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2015, 8:14 PM

Don't bet agains ze Herrenvolk.

Jun 29, 2015, 8:22 PM

DB23

Jun 29, 2015, 8:31 PM

Does the dog also yodel ?

##### who cares?***

Jun 29, 2015, 8:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they have enough OL?

Jun 29, 2015, 8:50 PM

It's very important

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2015, 1:11 AM
image.jpg(128.4 K)

You're welcome

Alex Morgan.

Jun 30, 2015, 10:37 AM

Germany is going to be a tough out and the USA girls have got to figure a way to score more than 1 goal.

Love tonight's lineup. We got this

Jun 30, 2015, 7:02 PM

one extra

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic