Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Ray Ray
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,371

Question about Ray Ray

May 30, 2015, 5:34 PM

Is he going to get a shot at corner this year or is he strictly on offense? He is way too talented to be buried on the depth chart at our deepest position. It seems like logic to use him at a place where he could provide instant depth at a position of need.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's WR all the way.

May 30, 2015, 5:40 PM

People tend to forget we'll lose 2(Peake & Williams),possibly 3 if Hopper doesn't stay around for a 5th year. Sure, he'll be spot duty in 2015 and a starter by 2016.

^This - all the way.

May 30, 2015, 6:02 PM

He may carry the ball from time to time on a jet sweep and I'm sure they will find all sorts of ways to get the ball in his hands, but as far as his position goes, It's my opinion that he won't be a DB, he won't be a RB, he will be a WR - all the way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Ray Ray will play offense

May 30, 2015, 5:45 PM

And will be used in different ways. He's more like an Artavis Scott and Deon Cain is more like a Mike Williams. But yeah, I think Ray Ray and Deon come in and compete for playing time this year at WR. I also think Ray Ray will be used a return guy. You can never have enough offensive studs because eventually one will prove better.

And M Alexander will be a first round draft pick next year.

Re: Ray Ray will play offense

May 30, 2015, 5:54 PM

It would just make sense to put him at corner for a year to me. We need have zero depth there.

Re: Ray Ray will play offense

May 30, 2015, 6:00 PM

Good thing you're not coaching.

Re: Question about Ray Ray

May 30, 2015, 6:04 PM

Go to ~40:30 min. mark, cds answers the question including cain as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will play him where he can do the most for the team***

May 30, 2015, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Fields

May 30, 2015, 7:00 PM

On line 1

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My inside sources are telling me

May 30, 2015, 7:05 PM

He's has the body and physical dominance of a DT, yet he's playing out of position on offense at WR.

Should only be a couple of weeks into August camp before venables makes the call to bring him over to DT (where he belongs) to provide us with much needed top-notch true freshman depth (who are better than anyone not named Lawson along the DL).

No shot at a Natty without RM3 on D.

End of story.

LOL

May 30, 2015, 7:10 PM

Your sources are not great sources or either you are totally thinking about a different player.. Ray Ray is all offense...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh.. when's the last time we were blessed with 175 lb DT?

May 30, 2015, 7:17 PM

Exactly.

Maybe the Fridge. Ray could be Clemson's best D player of all time.

Wait, no... you're right. He'll likely crush OP's hopes and dreams this, and the next 3 seasons, by being utilized early, often and wisely by our OC's.

Sorry OP. Weak troll attempt.

Golson rides the pine til Feb, unless a smart coach can figure a way to utilize his strength's

May 30, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to My inside sources are telling me ]

Almost sounds like what Ray could do for us were he not forced to play the DT position.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic