Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
where is the outrage over Ray Tanner being
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

where is the outrage over Ray Tanner being

May 28, 2015, 11:32 AM

this organization's poster boy? He has more pictures on the front page of their website than any of their members. Seems like Clemson people always have to take heat for these things when others don't.
www.palmettofamily.org

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: where is the outrage over Ray Tanner being

May 28, 2015, 11:34 AM

It does but I sometimes think I just remember it more so for Clemson folks and maybe not so much for others

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2015, 11:35 AM

we should all email the dirtbag who wrote the article about Dabo and ask him to run Tanners involvement as a story or explain why he did not. Anyone post his email address??

May 28, 2015, 12:59 PM

I'm sure that's exactly what Dabo would want, #### ######.

It's not always about the world vs. us or coots vs. us. Grow up moron.

May 28, 2015, 1:01 PM

How do you feel?

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

May 28, 2015, 1:18 PM

I'm assuming you're talking ab the whole FFR thing. I believe that Dabo is a tremendous man and also leader of men. I love that he is so open about his faith, not to a point to where he shoves it in anyone's face, but just to let everyone know what he stands for.

As for as wishing that the media would get on Ray Tanner about all of this too, I feel sorry for the people saying that.

It's not about wanting Ray Tanner to come under

May 28, 2015, 4:03 PM

fire. It's wondering why he can accept an award from the same organization and have his face plastered over their website for 2 years and nothing is said about it, and there is just a whiff of Dabo accepting an award for his foundation and it's all blown out of proportion. I just wish the disproportionate attacks on Dabo would stop. Nobody went after Tommy Bowden like this, and nobody goes after Mark Richt like this.

Name calling, poser telling others to grow up. Classic.

May 28, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: where is the outrage over Ray Tanner being ]

Carry on, looser.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Name calling, poser telling others to grow up. Classic.

May 28, 2015, 1:16 PM

That made a lot of sense, comparing name calling to making a religious issue a Clemson vs. Scar thing.

College baseball is small time, college football is not.

May 28, 2015, 11:37 AM

Ray Tanner won back to back titles along with quite a few other accolades, yet very few people know who he is or cares about what he does. If it had been Spurrier everyone would have known about it.

Re: College baseball is small time, college football is not.

May 28, 2015, 11:39 AM

What about College Athletics? He's an AD, not a baseball coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

How many ADs can you name? How many head

May 28, 2015, 11:49 AM

football coaches?

Re: How many ADs can you name? How many head

May 28, 2015, 11:57 AM

You don't think the head of an Athletic Department is a bigger story than a Coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

I would say he's a fairly recognizable figure

May 28, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to How many ADs can you name? How many head ]

in our state, and this is a state politician taking shots at Dabo. Did he not care when Tanner accepted the award for his foundation's work, or the fact his image is still being used by the organization to promote it?

I'm just giving an honest answer as to why this story

May 28, 2015, 12:04 PM

got legs with Dabo and not with Tanner. Ray Tanner isn't a national story, Dabo Swinney is.

Re: I'm just giving an honest answer as to why this story***

May 28, 2015, 1:02 PM

Ray Tanner is the 2nd Highest paid State Employee

May 28, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I'm just giving an honest answer as to why this story ]

It's a bigger story than Dabo

Misspelled, Coots are small time, Clemson is big time***

May 28, 2015, 12:29 PM [ in reply to College baseball is small time, college football is not. ]

Re:Coots are't important.***

May 28, 2015, 11:38 AM

I'm outraged indeed...

May 28, 2015, 11:39 AM

I don't want any reason to like Ray Tanner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People expect coots to make dumb decisions.***

May 28, 2015, 12:04 PM

Dabo is a good guy and gave his

May 28, 2015, 12:35 PM

explanation. If the lip quivering redneck Tanner wants to give his, let him. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ray Tanner hasn't...

May 28, 2015, 12:41 PM

been as outspoken about his faith in Christ as Dabo. I don't even know of him professing his faith in Jesus.

Christians always roll over and give it up, it's the Christ-like thing to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus was tolerant and accepting of everybody...

Jan 22, 2021, 2:01 PM

so much so they killed him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jesus was tolerant and accepting of everybody...

May 28, 2015, 12:49 PM

You seem to be confusing tolerance with forgiveness. Jesus frequently shared love and compassion which he immediately followed up with the statement, "go and sin no more". Many also seem to misunderstand Jesus' statement about not judging others. Jesus taught his disciples to make judgement calls on right verses wrong and we are to do the same. What we are not to do is condemn others. Condemnation belongs only to God. Jesus was perfect and had no sin within him, he likewise did not tolerate sin.

Hey! I agree! My point sometimes gets lost...

May 28, 2015, 12:51 PM

in my sarcasm

I think there's a filter on this bored that blocks sarcasm.***

May 28, 2015, 1:04 PM

I agree...

May 28, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Jesus was tolerant and accepting of everybody... ]

but none of that has anything to do with our involvement in politics. I think gays know how the Bible deals with homosexuality. They don't need us to tell them it's wrong and they sure don't need us to tell them they are going to helll. They need to see unmerited love, that's what won me to Christ, that's what won you to Christ and that's the only thing that wins any to God.

Christian should be known by their love, according to the Word. We loved Christ because he first loved us, same. What else can we do to fulfill our obligations to our fellow man? I use the same source for that too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said you maxed out my meter but you just keep pushing.***

May 28, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Jesus was tolerant and accepting of everybody... ]

cuz clemson's waaayyyy cooler than the chickens.

May 28, 2015, 4:05 PM

so no one cares what ray tanner does.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic