Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Can Watson help the Tigers hit the trifecta this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Can Watson help the Tigers hit the trifecta this season?

May 28, 2015, 8:01 AM

Can Watson help the Tigers hit the trifecta this season?

If Clemson is going to have the type of season it wants to have in 2015, they will have to hit on the trifecta and that means winning the three biggest games on the schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would pick @ Louisville on Thursday night instead of GT.

May 28, 2015, 8:22 AM

No offense to the insects, but that is a game we should win 9 out of 10 years. Being the road team on Thursday night is an uphill climb. Not that Louisville is necessarily better than the bees, but Louisville at home on Thursday night probably is a tougher opponent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I'll call it the big 4 then. The Clemson / gt series is

May 28, 2015, 8:46 AM

historically close.

Except when we blow them out.

May 28, 2015, 10:45 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thursday night games are not the uphill climb it used to be.

May 28, 2015, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I would pick @ Louisville on Thursday night instead of GT. ]

Once upon a time the home team won something like 95% of Thursday night games. It used to be that a team played on the Saturday before a Thursday night game. For example when Clemson played GT on Saturday night in 2006 and then played at VT that Thursday. Traditionally teams get Sunday off, except for film study and then Monday is a light practice to allow especially offensive linemen and running back to recuperate from the pounding in Saturday's game. Then they practice hard on Tuesday and Wednesday before easing back a little bit on Thursday and then Friday is a walk through and a travel day. But when you play on Saturday and then the following Thursday you have to do film study and practice on Sunday and Monday. Do a walk through on Tuesday and then travel on Wednesday. That is why the visiting team alway struggled on Thursday nights. However, now teams do no play the Saturday before and thus most take a couple days off and then have a full week to prepare for a Thursday night road game. Just look at the stats for the last 5 years of Thursday night games, most of the wins are by the better, favored, team. So what I am saying is the the fact that Louisville is on a Thursday doesn't make the game any harder or easier than if it was on a Saturday.

Re: Thursday night games are not the uphill climb it used to be.

May 28, 2015, 10:15 AM

Except for the fact that we do play a game the Saturday before the UL game...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2015, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Thursday night games are not the uphill climb it used to be. ]

We play the Saturday before Louisville.

May 28, 2015, 11:15 AM

And I get that its App State but it is still a tough contest because App State ain't no slouch. Which is why I think Louisville is in this discussion.

Last I saw a stat, the home team won about 60%.

May 28, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Thursday night games are not the uphill climb it used to be. ]

I expect to beat them, but I'd put more money on beating GT at home.

Agreed - Louisville is a must-win every year now

May 29, 2015, 7:14 AM [ in reply to I would pick @ Louisville on Thursday night instead of GT. ]

Georgia Tech is certainly one of our biggest games but as long as Louisville is a threat, they will be the more important win. A loss to GT doesn't disqualify us from the ACCCG as long as we correspondingly run the table in the rest of our ACC games, notably in our division.

Coots at work - "We're not one of the big 3?"... oh well.***

May 28, 2015, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually like Tech. It's a "healthy" rivalry

May 28, 2015, 10:08 AM

They have good teams. They have good fans. They play hard, not dirty, and they don't get in your face. Of course I want to beat them, but it's a good rivalry.

I despise GT with every ounce of my body

May 29, 2015, 7:15 AM

However I think it's a great rivalry that we should play every year.

Re: New Story: Can Watson help the Tigers hit the trifecta this season?

May 28, 2015, 11:11 AM

I would put Louisville in this discussion as well. It all starts on a Thursday night in September at Papa John's Stadium. I know they loss a lot on defense. But their offense verses our young defense will be interesting. I know many are predicting Clemson to roll over Louisville. I just want maximum attention so we start strong in ACC play!

Say what you want David, but it is Top 5 IMHO. They are

May 28, 2015, 2:11 PM

FSU, ND, GT, Louisville, and yes, the coots. No year is complete w/o a win in game #12.
Of course games 13, 14, & 15 will be sort of important as well. I think Dabo has it right
in saying the most important game is the next one........by the way nice catch!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Can Watson help the Tigers hit the trifecta this season?

May 29, 2015, 7:26 AM

Once agaim the pundits have it all wrong.It's not about trifecta.Clemson is going to have to win
at least 11 games making it another "one game at a time " season.Look ahead,and Clemson will probably drop a game they need,and they will need all of them,in my opinion,to make the four team playoff.

Nice pic choice heisman pose!***

May 29, 2015, 8:04 AM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic