Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson ever put an upper deck on the WEZ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Will Clemson ever put an upper deck on the WEZ

May 28, 2015, 2:37 AM
oculus1.jpg(49.9 K)

I remember seeing renderings of an upper deck on the WEZ a while back.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson ever put an upper deck on the WEZ

May 28, 2015, 5:44 AM

Don't believe that would be a good idea . Would rather see some premium seating added and have seatbacks added to the entire upper deck , both sides. 9f it means a lower overall seating capacity , so be it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

call it The Penthouse, or The Overlook with big donor helipads on top

May 28, 2015, 9:16 AM

so they can come and go as they please, so long as they throw down those sweet, sweet, millions into the program. It's the future of college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I approve the first title.***

May 28, 2015, 9:55 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see it happening***

May 28, 2015, 6:32 AM

Upper deck was designed to support such an upgrade

May 28, 2015, 7:31 AM

However I don't see it happening in the near future. We have enough trouble filling the existing upper decks as it is.

Re: Upper deck was designed to support such an upgrade

May 28, 2015, 7:36 AM

WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK WE NEED TO ADD ON SEATS. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID NOT SEE PEOPLE HOLDING UP TICKETS OUTSIDE THE STADIUM. NAME THE GAME. FIRST BOWDEN BOWL WOULD BE MY GUESS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10, 100, 1000, 10000, 1000000 seats, I doesn't matter

May 28, 2015, 7:59 AM

There will always be people holding up tickets. It's a business.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 1000000 seats, I doesn't matter

May 28, 2015, 8:04 AM

It is a HUGE business

DB23

Re: 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 1000000 seats, I doesn't matter

May 28, 2015, 8:42 AM

Don't you mean bidness? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I saw no tickets was the UGA game two years ago.

May 28, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Upper deck was designed to support such an upgrade ]

Also gameday vs Ga Tech. Tough ticket.

It will be a hard find vs Not your Dame this year too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Seat demand and ticket demand

May 29, 2015, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Upper deck was designed to support such an upgrade ]

Are two different issues. I have been to games where I didn't see a single person selling tickets; I've also been to major games where I thought I could EASILY sell my lower-deck tickets on the street but ended up eating them because there was absolutely no demand. There will always be people who are selling their tickets last-second due to changes in plans, conflicts with other events, etc.

However, adding 8000+ seats to the stadium practically guarantees that the number of people holding up worthless tickets on the street will shoot up dramatically.

Clemson also will not add seats if they can't fill them with season ticket holders, and in the last few decades the number of season ticket holders seems to have held steady within 10% or so. It's certainly not going to go up enough to fill an entirely new deck.

If Clemson was to win a NC or 2 then I can see ticket demand

May 28, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Upper deck was designed to support such an upgrade ]

spiking upward. Bama was an 92,000 stadium back in 2008. They now have 100,000+ at their games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Birmingham is also about twice the size of Greenville

May 28, 2015, 9:48 AM

so that has really helped their attendance.

Football attendance as a whole is trending downward though

May 28, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to If Clemson was to win a NC or 2 then I can see ticket demand ]

can't add seats just for a spike in attendance that might only last 5 years.

^^^ This ...

May 29, 2015, 10:18 AM

The price of tickets and other ancillary costs coupled with the proliferation of games on TV and the evolution of the quality of TV technology have made it very tempting for the casual fan to opt out of actually going to the games.

These are the people who would first have to fill the 10-15K empty seats we routinely see in the upper decks we already own before we build any more seats.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football programs all over the country are struggling

May 29, 2015, 7:22 AM [ in reply to If Clemson was to win a NC or 2 then I can see ticket demand ]

to fill seats. The ESPN sports juggernaut combined with HDTV has basically created a monster that is eating its own tail. More people are deciding to stay home and watch games for free on giant TVs with crystal-clear reception. It's not a matter of people wanting to come watch a championship caliber team. It's a matter of the area population not being able to support a larger stadium when it's already difficult to fill the seats we've already got.

Re: If Clemson was to win a NC or 2 then I can see ticket demand

May 29, 2015, 8:54 AM [ in reply to If Clemson was to win a NC or 2 then I can see ticket demand ]

Alabama also has a waiting list of over 30,000 for season tickets.

May 28, 2015, 8:06 AM

I would rather see some built on the hill side with a tunnel to the hill from the street.

May 28, 2015, 8:35 AM

OR JUST PUT SEATS WHERE THE HILL IS WITH THE PATH STILL UNTOUCHED.

May 28, 2015, 9:55 AM

NO NO NO Leave the hill alone.

Terrible idea***

May 28, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Clemson ever put an upper deck on the WEZ ]

Re: Terrible idea***

May 29, 2015, 7:45 AM

I love when people think Deroberts is being serious.

null

Re: Terrible idea***

May 29, 2015, 4:00 PM

Wanker

That looks an awful lot like USuC's upper deck***

May 28, 2015, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Concrete has a tendency to look similar.***

May 28, 2015, 8:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

it's Alabama's stadium.***

May 28, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to That looks an awful lot like USuC's upper deck*** ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: That looks an awful lot like USuC's upper deck***

May 28, 2015, 9:25 AM [ in reply to That looks an awful lot like USuC's upper deck*** ]

Will B is just one giant upper decker.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say put a 3rd deck on the north stands***

May 28, 2015, 8:44 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I say put a 3rd deck on the north stands***

May 28, 2015, 9:57 AM

With a chick-fil-a

They will need to consider that during construction planning

May 28, 2015, 8:46 AM

for the new dome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That's not a rendering, it's a photoshop

May 28, 2015, 8:51 AM

That's one of Alabama's endzone upper decks imposed on a WEZ rendering. I'm with you though, I wish we had built it like that 10 years ago. The oculus looks good from the outside, but tacky from inside the stadium (particularly from the Hill). Seems odd to have a random structure jutting out from behind the WEZ roof.

Photobucket
My bad Trevor

What 'bout new East End Zone??***

May 28, 2015, 9:25 AM

I'd just like to see this

May 28, 2015, 12:30 PM
HuskyStadium.jpg(100.4 K)

Since we're hell bent on playing September games at 12:30, these overhangs would be nice and I'm sure it would make Death Valley even louder.

Re: I'd just like to see this

May 28, 2015, 10:07 PM

I agree with this. And if they could figure out how to put a few of those "BigAss Fans" (that is a brand name!) on the tops, people would be wanting to sit in the upper deck!

I don't think we need more seats, and i also don't

May 29, 2015, 9:00 AM

think that looks very good.

I think they should add 8,500 seats for an even 90,000

May 29, 2015, 4:57 PM

capacity. Our attendance was over 100% capacity last year. But if they do, I hope it looks better than that drawing. The endzone upper deck in that drawing is ugly.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic