Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You da man, Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,666

You da man, Dabo

May 27, 2015, 10:25 PM

There was this guy at work who loved talking politics. I personally hate talking politics at work, you know, but I agree with him on some issues. Not so much on others. Anyway, people are sick of hearing his views, especially the more extreme ones. Plenty disagree with him on fringe issues. So one day he sorta calls me out about a certain politician we both dislike. He disses him and says "right, Wallace?" My response is to tell him sorry, but I already told you I prefer not to talk politics at work and please don't try again to use me to support your positions. Do it yourself.

This is exactly what Dabo Swinney did today, and I applaud him. Even if you agree with someone, they have no right to force you into a political statement to further their own causes. Yes, Even if they triple dog dare you. Dabo and other coaches don't go around weighing in on these issues for good reason. They're football coaches, not political commentators. Why would you expect him to change basically on a dare from the group, its detractors, and the hungry media, all of whom are looking for a pawn in their fight?

He made the right call. As he usually does.
Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pulse dropping...

May 27, 2015, 10:43 PM

@#%#holes.

But, but, but this organization

May 27, 2015, 11:16 PM

helped in the fight against video poker?!? Ya hear that? Video poker, the greatest threat to society since Zubaz.

Re: But, but, but this organization

May 27, 2015, 11:20 PM

Sensibility and humanist thoughts are grounds to get pounded on TNet these days .
If you want to toe the line , best be prepared to see that pulse head south .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Thanks

May 27, 2015, 11:26 PM

And I really do think Dabo handled this correctly. Even if he agrees completely with the group. No use embroiling Clemson Football in a pissing contest.

That was an excellenlty simplistically stated analogy that

May 28, 2015, 12:53 AM

I don't think anyone could disagree with whatever there personal views.

Well done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,666
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic