Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
some memories from not so long ago... ~
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

some memories from not so long ago... ~

May 27, 2015, 12:11 AM

1. I remember wanting Bernard rambert to beat out travis Zachary. hope youre doing well TZ. ;)

2. javis Austin. I hope life is treating you well. personally i'd have liked to seen you get more playing time. ~

3. tommy sharp... hope life is treating as well as you performed all things considered. i'll never forget when you manhandled a much larger Langston moore back in the day. 5'5 240 pound tiger pushes around a 290 pound "stud" chicken. great career all the way around.

4. jj mckelvey thank you. I lived this moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKrHaSOZd3c

5. keith Kelly was a beast waiting to happen. bowdens loyalty to upperclassmen cost us a lot IMO. Kelly made herbstreit say "wow" vs vt.

6. 4th and 10 vs duke. Whitehurst to currie was a huge play. another brick layed in the foundation that dabo would eventually inherit.

7. ben hall was a fine player for us. had dabo and morris had ben hall his nfl career would have turned out different IMO.

8. todd McClinton IMO was the biggest waste of a talent that weve had in the last 25 years. yusef Kelly would be 2nd on that list. JMO.

9. tymere Zimmerman should be qualified in the coming weeks.

10. gaines adams was a special player who came out of nowhere to blow up for us. my favorite two memories of gaines are the showing out vs Colorado and this play...enjoy ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpiBMk-qVq8

xtra- that game against marshall that we lost 13-10 still stings me. poor coaching cost us that game IMO. gdnight ~

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: some memories from not so long ago... ~

May 27, 2015, 12:37 AM

I was at the GaTech game, loved seeing the engineers go home unhappy.

May 27, 2015, 1:35 AM

Wasn't Keith and Yusef Kelly the same person?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes that is correct***

May 27, 2015, 8:17 AM

great memory ride & personal thoughts "CO81".

May 27, 2015, 8:51 AM

Caught my attention & memories of the past of Clemson football (good, bad & great).

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2015, 5:50 AM

Good stuff! I was at both the Ga. Tech game (OMG!!!) and the Wake Forest game. Thanks for the memories!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Memories - Thanks for Posting!***

May 27, 2015, 6:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u r welcome sir. glad you enjoyed ~ ***

May 28, 2015, 12:09 AM

63-17

The Gaines Adams WF game will always be one of my

May 27, 2015, 6:37 AM

favorites.....cold, dreary, drizzling rain all day and THEN BAM Gaines save the day and that stadium went crazy. It made the ride home so much better.

Yep, great memory of Gaines just screaming

May 27, 2015, 8:51 AM

to teammates after one play,"78 (or possibly 77) can't stop me! HE CAN'T STOP ME!" RIP Big Fella....

A thought about the GTech game ...

May 27, 2015, 7:42 AM

It was a great win, regardless ... and a win over what was supposed to be a Top 10 GTech.

But I truly believe for those of us there it was a win all the sweeter because it was our first game after 9-11. For folks who were flying into Atlanta, it took on the extra dedication of flying for the first time since the Towers collapsed.

Nearly 15 years later, the game stands out among so many others for the sense of kinship the Tiger faithful felt at Grant Field that afternoon.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was the game that wasn't televised and we wore all

May 27, 2015, 11:03 AM

purple in Atl, wasn't it

being 100% serious... i shed some tears when gaines...

May 27, 2015, 11:36 PM

blocked that kick. my wife thought I was crazy. I had waited 20 years for an ACC championship + for Bowden to get over the proverbial hump. I thought everything had come together on that one play. matt ryan would eventually crush all of that with one play. what an exciting season. despite the failures, all the bricks laid by tommy Bowden would eventually pay off for dabo swinney and tajh boyd. thanks gaines and woody + tommy... and all of the above. ###$ its good to be a tiger. suck it visor ~

ps... thank you for your replies. thoroughly enjoyed ~

I played basketball with Javis a while back

May 27, 2015, 11:39 PM

Granted it was a good long while, but he was doing well and still built like a brick house.

Re: I played basketball with Javis a while back

May 27, 2015, 11:46 PM

good to hear. #5 was a solid back. though troubled, he could have been better than the starter #8 if given the chance. JMO. life could have turned out so different for javis had he been given playing time. I guess things happen for a reason though and it was or wasn't meant to be. god bless and thanks for sharing ~

I'll never forget this call for Dantzler to McKelvey

May 27, 2015, 11:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm4NJGx_w70

Re: I'll never forget this call for Dantzler to McKelvey

May 27, 2015, 11:49 PM

I looked for that clip and didn't see it. I did enjoy listening to the GT announcers playing it off though like nothing big had happened. good find by you. I watched it live on tv the same as you I guess. great call by the announcer. I love that guy. ~

May 27, 2015, 11:56 PM

boom

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

boom x2. what a ride all of that was...

May 28, 2015, 12:05 AM

from tommy putting on the orange jacket, woody in the "whats that rising in the south" sports illustrated article, to dabo taking over as interim coach. crazy. lotta emotions in those years ~

Another player update from around this time period

May 28, 2015, 12:11 AM

Cedric Johnson is doing great. He's married, has two kids, and has dropped a bunch of weight. Big man ran a 10k a year ago.

awesome. thank you for the update on #65. ***

May 28, 2015, 12:13 AM

63-17

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic