Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Rodriguez talks about signing with Rams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

FB Update: Rodriguez talks about signing with Rams

May 25, 2015, 10:29 AM

Rodriguez talks about signing with Rams

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Rodriguez talks about signing with Rams

May 25, 2015, 11:12 AM

I'm glad Daniel is getting his chance, just like I am glad all Clemson players do when they move on.
Where it gets fuzzy for me is if u take a guy like Adam humphries. He made plays for Clemson all four years he was here. He was a sure handed go to guy if things broke down. He was also a very hard worker off the field. He is very worthy of a free agent contract based on what he did all 4 years in college.

Then u have Daniel Rodriguez who only played mop up time and some on special teams. He was an inspiration to our football team, but not an on the field contributer by any means. Now he and Adam are going to receive the same free agent contract, probably the league minimum. It just doesn't seem right given the different quality of football players that they be given the same. I mean, let's be honest, if Daniel wasn't in the military, he wouldn't even have gotten close to a shot at the NFL. The only reason he got a chance is because his story. I just don't like that he has taken the spot away from someone who played 4 years in college and actually performed on the field. Thoughts?

May 25, 2015, 11:20 AM

Doesn't matter if you play one game vs 40. If an NFL team sees you as a player that can help the organization then so be it. Being in the military is part of his life, part of his resume I guess you'd say. So you went to Clemson and it's not fair for future employers to employ someone who went to ____ instead of you because you put your time in? What if they're simply better at the job? What if they bring a fightin mentality that inspires teammates not to be lax in practice?

Not going to assume one way or another in terms of his skill, I think we all witnessed a player with great drive and determination but lacked some of the basic skills to be a top player. Happy for him none the less.

May 25, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Rodriguez talks about signing with Rams ]

I'm not exactly sure how much the checks will be or how often, but I don't believe Rodriguez will be collecting them for much longer when full contact drills start

May 25, 2015, 12:26 PM

Why all the hate? Are you some of the people that cheered when he got in the game at Clemson? Just be happy for the man and move on...

I love this for D-Rod & Clemson!!! it's nothing but good...

May 25, 2015, 12:46 PM

Regardless of how or why he got there...he IS there! And he came through Clemson to do it when nobody else would give him the opportunity!
The man's been through alot...not right to bash him, even if he let his gums flap a little on occasion.
It's great Clemson University publicity, at the very least.
Congrats Daniel! Show'em what you're made of & good luck!!!
Thanks for your service, and Go Tigers!

May 25, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Rodriguez talks about signing with Rams ]

Not hate, just stating facts. 5'8 180 doesn't last long in the NFL. He's old too, not the typical 20-22 year old coming out of college. Once they start hitting, he won't be around much longer. All he will be able to do is play special teams, and he wasn't even good at that at the college level

May 25, 2015, 1:38 PM

The hilariously ironic thing is that he complained that politics were what kept him off the field at Clemson and that the NFL isn't big on those politics. Yet politics are the only remotely logical reason he's on a team right now. He's small, slow, weak, too old for a rookie, and has no discernible NFL quality skills, but having a former war hero on the roster is sure to draw some positive attention to a largely irrelevant team during the offseason.

May 25, 2015, 5:41 PM

WOW........lots of smack about a young man who has already done more with his life than many will in their entire lifetime.. There are many ways to be a contributing teammate even in the business of professional football. I don't get the knocks on his talent as I thought he played very well given his limited opportunities and experience......and he wasn't exactly playing behind chopped liver talent the time he was here. Experience is a very valuable commodity and his leadership skills will be an asset on any team . Good luck Daniel........prove these "experts" wrong .......and most importantly on this of all days, THANK YOU for your service and the sacrifices you and your comrades made so narrow minded people can get on here and FREELY talk their junk.

May 25, 2015, 6:11 PM

And again the military record comes up. I didn't realize that being a war hero meant that you could just go be an NFL player. Nobody's knocking his military service, and if they are, they're morons. What the guy did was heroic, but he's not a good football player. If you think he played "very well" at Clemson you have some very different opinions on football than most people. The guy's limited roles on special teams were cut back every season he was here because he was so bad at it. Remember how he went from being on all 4 ST units to just the punt return team because that was a way to get him on the field consistently with the lowest chance of him costing the team? And 11 catches for 39 yards? That's a 3.5 yard average which would be bad even for a rushing average which is what most of those catches actually were. Leadership is a great thing to have on a college team with no maximum roster size and a bunch of immature kids. The NFL doesn't have room for team leaders that can't actually contribute on the field. A team isn't going to waste a spot on their 53-man roster on a guy who's only purpose is to share off the field experiences to give players perspective no matter how valuable they may be.

And the fact that the guy came out and dissed the coaching staff that gave him a shot to do something that the majority of this forum would kill for, and something that no other team was interested in giving him, can't be ignored. Instead of being grateful for the opportunity to run down the hill on gameday, wear a Clemson uniform, be on the field and catching a pass during actual gameplay, and even score a freaking touchdown in Death Valley, he took the first chance he got after his career ended to claim that politics kept him off the field. Not Deandre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant, Artavis Scott, Mike Williams, or Adam Humphries, but politics. It's good to be confident in yourself but that's just ignorantly arrogant. And for this mature 27 year old leader to not only claim that politics was his issue in college, but to go on and say that politics don't matter in the NFL, shows a hilarious level of naivety. I'll say it again, that's the only, and I mean ONLY reason he's on a roster right now. It's nothing but PR, because there's literally no other reason to have him there.

wow!!! you must be the hateful juan thumbing-down everyone..

May 29, 2015, 5:31 PM

That's unfortunate, that you'd trash a Clemson brother & alum so quick...he did give his all.
forget about the politics stuff, it's still good for Clemson!!!
Try to comprehend better what's being said before taking a tangent & just "hating" away.
who gives a chit how long he even lasts?!!! That's on him...
i don't care about TD's & TU's as much as comments NOT based on previous content as a retort.... And you FAIL!!!
You sound like a jealous & envious person...possibly even cootish!
I don't expect a reply, but it'd be nice.

Why hate him getting a chance regardless of ability...? Did you get snubbed by someone once, politically or you were "better" than the other, or what?
Sad....

Tell me where or how this will bring ANY bad publicity to Clemson University & our football program...PLEASE!!!!

Go Tigers!!!! All of them...

sound like my effing girlfriend...

May 29, 2015, 5:36 PM

Always somebody else's fault, or they got ahead of her somehow...though she's "better" than them, etc...
if she could only get her way once (all the time)...
Just dang spiteful, mean, envious, & bitter, instead of focusing on bettering herself & WINNING, NOT whining.

My god, what's this world come to?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic