Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't get me wrong, I love and respect Dat Boy !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,512

Don't get me wrong, I love and respect Dat Boy !

May 24, 2015, 2:25 PM

But I think back to the time when The University and Danny parted ways. Ken Hatfield was brought in and he proclaimed that God had brought him to Clemson University .

My immediate thought was that we did not need divine intervention but to kick some ####.

I am ashamed to say that I parted ways with Clemson Football after that.

I was a huge Danny fan (still am) , was on campus at that time ....met him a few.

I was just crushed at how that all went down .

Point being, if there is one, is since then we have allways hired "faith based" coaches which is fine , nothing wrong with that.

I just want someone to spit some tobacco once in a while and say "aw shucks"

Long live Danny !

and GO TIGERS

Message was edited by: Tigers84a®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't get me wrong, I love and repect Dat Boy !

May 24, 2015, 2:27 PM

seems like a faith based coach still offers a huge advantage in recruiting in this region, although you would not have known that under Kenny.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to agree***

May 24, 2015, 2:29 PM

Only 2 sales pitches to make, and 1 is already made...

May 24, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get me wrong, I love and repect Dat Boy ! ]

Pitch to the kid a program with all the bells and whistles, all of the opportunities he's ever dreamed of as an athlete? check.

Pitch to Mom that her child is going to the best place to ensure his/her success in life? -Check

Dabo has both covered

Re: Only 2 sales pitches to make, and 1 is already made...

May 24, 2015, 2:36 PM

that, and we seem to attract a better quality product than the ones that prefer what is "down the road"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. And can take that 1 step further. They, both athletes

May 24, 2015, 2:43 PM

and parents, praise the Clemson decision long after...still making plays for us in a sense

Hatfield didn't have 10 wins 4 yrs straight. Gospel truth***

May 24, 2015, 2:30 PM

Sorry ... I pull for a team, not a coach.

May 24, 2015, 2:45 PM

Likewise, I follow a Savior and not a preacher.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Don't get me wrong, I love and respect Dat Boy !

May 24, 2015, 3:11 PM

As long as Dabo keeps winning 10+ games he is A OK with me.

May 24, 2015, 3:18 PM

Yep, you have to be human and say things like doggoneit and dadburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's kinda fickle.

May 24, 2015, 3:46 PM

Clemson does a lot of things I don't like but even if The University or Football Program told me they didn't want me as a fan anymore I'd still be just as much a tiger as ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as i said, I was ashamed

May 24, 2015, 4:47 PM

GO TIGERS

I'm not sure any one of us didn't get his feeling hurt...

May 24, 2015, 5:03 PM

when Danny was fired. It's a sensitive topic for discussion with which only one position is tolerated here.

Personally, I'd rather win 10 games/yr without the sanctions than go through what we went through back then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, at least you get it

May 24, 2015, 5:44 PM

HeII give em Pell

I'll take my National Championship.....Thank you very much!***

May 24, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure any one of us didn't get his feeling hurt... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ME TOO ! and you are quite welcome

May 24, 2015, 5:56 PM

You DO get it

May 24, 2015, 5:58 PM

There are times where coaches come into a situation and thinks that they can keep it going without having to plan or work to get there. Ken Hatfield was that guy. Dabo is cut from a totally different cloth, so to speak. Dabo treated Clemson like, and I hate to say it, a rebuild project. Before the highly rated recruits, the 10 win season, Championships and all that, Clemson and South Carolina actually recruited a lot a like.

Dabo was told by his predecessor that they could not get the CJ Spiller's of the world to come to Clemson. Remember? He said this in the post recruitment press conference. His vision was to then get the talented players. He got this QB name Tajh, this guy from down the street nicknamed "Nuk," this kid from the Florida pipeline named Sammy, amongst others. Then Nkemdechie happened. He was the last de-commit Clemson had. He came up with the attributes of the Clemson student athlete. Which is why Clemson commits stay committed past signing day. Since then, Clemson's signing day has been pretty boring for the most part, which is a good thing. Also, a high number of those players graduate from Clemson, which is why most of his recruitment classes average between 15-20 players, which is low considering what other FBS schools average.

He hired coaches that were Clemson-like coaches. Coaches that teach the game and not just coached plays. Sprinkle in the coaches are actual alums that understand Clemson football and you have the reasons behind the success. They have observed other successful programs, they adopted a system and adapted it to a Clemson brand and they go out and get "Clemson."

If his Christian faith gets in the way of what you think a coach should be, add this. The parents of these players love and Dabo from families that are well off to the ones who don't know how they will be able to pay for their child to attend Clemson long enough to graduate. I would say that we get these high prospects because of the family atmosphere that is Clemson.

My point is that Dabo has put in the effort of building a program. That is a lot to do with his overall faith in Christ, his personal faith and love for God. His actions are God-influenced. Makes me proud to be a fan of Clemson and a fan of Dabo Swinney.

aw shucks***

May 24, 2015, 6:03 PM

careful, coach hobby & coach brooks have UT backgrounds...

May 24, 2015, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get me wrong, I love and respect Dat Boy ! ]

apparently they're bad men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2015, 6:19 PM

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WHERE YOU JUMPED SHIP TO. WE HAVEN'T MISSED YOU.

May 24, 2015, 6:32 PM

84,God does lead people to places and we all know that
we need him in our life.Ken Hatfield was a good coach but
not a good recruiter.To jump off the band wagon because
of a coach is foolish.If all of us old timers had your
criteria,we would have jumped off when Hootie Ingram
was the Tigers coach.We all love Danny but his coaching
days have passed.Get another transfusion of Tiger blood.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh heck no, I guess I was not clear

May 24, 2015, 6:43 PM

My absense was short lived . I happened to have moved away at the time so it all kind of coinsided.

Been back on the band wagon loud and proud for years.

It was just a slap in the face at the time, and I was young and my roots were there then.

If you were there, then you understand.

Clemson Football without Danny was like a day without sunshine.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,512
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic