Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Irony in Myrtle Beach ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Irony in Myrtle Beach ...

May 23, 2015, 10:38 AM

Just making an observation, not trying to start a political debate.

The ACC leadership caved to political pressure and pulled the ACC Baseball Tournament out of Myrtle Beach since the NAACP is boycotting SC due to the Confederate flag issue.

But, yet, this week is Black Biker Week in Myrtle Beach.

(Scratch my head)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Irony in Myrtle Beach ...

May 23, 2015, 10:40 AM

All that did was provide Swoff a convenient excuse. The guy really needs to go

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 10:51 AM

Most of political correctness is a one way street.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 10:58 AM

True , but what end of the street you are standing on and which direction you need to go determines whether you see it as a fault or a favor .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 23, 2015, 11:13 AM

Agree with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 11:35 AM

Never looked at it that way. I also think Charlotte would be a great place to hold the ACC Baseball Tournament. New park, uptown and a lot of places to stay and eat. Plus, maybe have a beer or two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlotte would be a great place.

May 23, 2015, 12:54 PM

However, every other person there is a UNC fan it seems.

Of course, all they probably know is basketball ... until it is shut down for awhile (fingers crossed)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Selfish I wish it would come to Greenville.

May 23, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Irony in Myrtle Beach ... ]

Great park and lots to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Record crowds evey year in G'Vegas. I'd love to see it in

May 23, 2015, 1:00 PM

Charleston at The Joe. Talk about packed crowds and plenty to do and eat.

null

I am in Greenville, but would gladly come to

May 23, 2015, 6:21 PM

Charleston to watch the tournament.

It doesn't get any better than Greenville.

May 25, 2015, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Selfish I wish it would come to Greenville. ]

Can't wait to watch Clemson basketball there, then head downtown.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

May 23, 2015, 2:27 PM

The idea behind keeping to the spirit of the silly boycott is that BBW participants are supposed to only spend money at the North Carolina beaches across the border, then come back down to MB. Those coming from other places are expected to spend as little as possible in SC. Yeah, sure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NAACP should boycott Black Biker Week?

May 23, 2015, 2:30 PM

Is that what you're suggesting?

More like we should boycott the ACC.

May 24, 2015, 7:15 AM

;)

I'm no fan of the boycott, but I don't really see the

May 25, 2015, 8:04 AM

connection here. Are you saying black biker week is some kind of proof that there are no racial issues in SC?

No, I am saying the NAACP boycott is fruitless.***

May 25, 2015, 8:24 AM

300,000 plus black bikers don't think much of it.***

May 25, 2015, 8:31 AM

I was going to ask if Myrtle Beach had a White Biker week,

May 25, 2015, 1:43 PM

but that would be politically incorrect, so never mind. I don't see why the color of their bikes matters anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic