Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If there is no god
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

If there is no god

May 23, 2015, 10:20 AM

Then there is no judging. It amazes me how many millions of people on earth believe in fairy tales. I've always said religion is Santa Claus for adults.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there is no god

May 23, 2015, 10:23 AM

Picking a fight are ya , Satan ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 23, 2015, 10:26 AM

There's no pot of gold at the end of your rainbow

May 23, 2015, 10:26 AM

I respect your opinion, if you die and you are rightgods not real you just sit there oh well, but what if I'm right?

May 23, 2015, 10:29 AM

The rub is , that there is no answer . Beliefs and hopes and faiths are all we have .
Let's enjoy our time here in conciousness and try to have fun with it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 23, 2015, 1:16 PM

That's a good mentality to have. I don't care what others believe and, though I've been guilty of doing this, it's so boring to argue the "facts" about who's right and wrong about religion.

As long as it doesn't mess with your life, why would anyone care?

Ah, Pascal's Wager!

May 23, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: If there is no god ]

The wager uses the following logic (excerpts from Pensées, part III, §233):

God is, or God is not. Reason cannot decide between the two alternatives.
A Game is being played... where heads or tails will turn up.
You must wager (it is not optional).
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
Wager, then, without hesitation that He is. (...) There is here an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain, a chance of gain against a finite number of chances of loss, and what you stake is finite. And so our proposition is of infinite force, when there is the finite to stake in a game where there are equal risks of gain and of loss, and the infinite to gain.
But some cannot believe. They should then 'at least learn your inability to believe...' and 'Endeavour then to convince' themselves.

P&R board

May 23, 2015, 10:31 AM

use it

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dangit! Another weekend of a mesed up General Bored.***

May 23, 2015, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 10:34 AM

Thanks for posting this is the Football section of the boards!

There is a god and I experienced the holly spirit

May 23, 2015, 10:41 AM

No drugs or alcohol were involved. I asked for him to show up or show me a sign or I ll never believe in him or my exact words: " I ll never utter u r name on my tongue.."

He showed up (holly spirit) for about 30 seconds and it is very real my friend. He know I was sincere in my threat and that I needed him !!! Became a Christian that day and was not a Christian before ..

I know it is hard to believe that it can happen to u and I don't like breaching and for my own situation I don't speak about it but be honest and ask for him and be real and see where it goes

Good luck in the after life

I wish you Jesus

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: There is a god and I experienced the holly spirit

May 23, 2015, 10:49 AM

I'm a Christian but find it highly unlikely God responds favorably to a threat.

was Muslim and he knew u I needed it

May 23, 2015, 10:57 AM

I heard church bills around 1:30 am Friday night and when it happened I was in 20 to 30 seconds trense (spelling?) and not aware jusr happened. I was walking by the way and talking to God during a stressful event in my life. I did pray to Allah and Jesus showed up. He gave me what I needed to believe in him and to save me.. That is what I needed and the only that I could have been saved ...here u go that is full confession

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Between semesters my freshman year.

May 23, 2015, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: There is a god and I experienced the holly spirit ]

This is as accurate a story as I can say it. In full disclosure- I grew up in church- Baptist then Charismatic then a variety. But I hated church. I hated the fake smiles, the gossiping, and the hypocrisy. So, here's my story:

I was in an empty house(and 100% sober), and I said "Lord, if you are real, show me. I'll follow you the rest of my life." As soon as I said it, I felt a wave of something, starting in toes, flood me. I could feel in internally and on my skin. Then a voice in my "inner monologue" said "I love you, I'll never leave you, and I'm always with you."

That was 15 years ago. Since that moment, my life has been a rollercoaster to put it mildly. I still have issues with church, but I'm working on it. I've also had other encounters with God that are only explainable as encounters with God. (By God I mean the Christian God Jesus referred to as his Father.) They don't happen everyday or year even but they do happen. And despite these moments which are only explainable as supernatural, I have doubts and questions. I've wanted to walk away. I've wanted to adopt the an atheist point of view. But I never could. The EVIDENCE, for a loving God, to me is over whelming.

Anyone reading this post, consider this and really think about what I'm about to propose. I think the Lord was more than willing to show up to gain my life. I believe He'll do the same for you. (Of course I've given Him my life.) So consider that before haphazardly testing God to appease your mind. I had the faith to ask and I was sincere in my promise.

I wanted to be a football coach. And I laid it down. I would never have planned or asked for the life I've lived, but I wouldn't trade it for anything either.

Re: There is a god and I experienced the holly spirit

May 23, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to There is a god and I experienced the holly spirit ]

You may not have knowingly taken drugs...but it sounds like you were on drugs.

A) it's billions, not millions. B) That's an awfully big "if" ***

May 23, 2015, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 23, 2015, 10:43 AM

Who said there are no stupid, ignorant, and self centered people on Tigernet. Hello Rainbow !! No need to pray when tragedy strikes your life and it will happen. Life is like that. Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 10:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 23, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: If there is no god ]

Tragedy! Everybody has tragedy in there life. I recently lost both parents 11 months apart. I'm at the point of my life I could die anytime. Do you think I'm worried? Nope. Done made all arrangements. I just choose to believe science not religion. And guess what I grew up in Pentecostal Holliness and have read Bible from cover to cover.

I'm sensing alot of heat in your future!***

May 23, 2015, 10:46 AM

Re: I'm sensing alot of heat in your future!***

May 23, 2015, 10:48 AM

Well ...it IS summertime just about.

DB23

Leave Jack alone!!!!***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interloper!***

May 23, 2015, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a man of Faith

I know that to others that view looks like nothing but a fairy tale, and honestly were it not for my own experiences and convictions I may well join you in that outlook.

But my bigger question would be why you felt the need to treat something others hold as sacred so dismissively, especially outside a conversation on the issue. I've always thought it best to be reverent and sincere about everyone's faith or lack thereof. It is, of course, your right to insult others' Faiths, but ask yourself what good you think your doing. You aren't reasoning with individuals, you aren't engaging them in any rational dialogue, and you aren't making a difference at all except to intentionally offend.

But at the end of the day, the biggest question to ask is why you didn't put this on the P&R board rather than under Tiger Football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am a man of Faith

May 23, 2015, 11:00 AM

New to these boards. Still figuring it out. Just making a point regarding the Dabo controversy or lack of. Dabo should be able to do what he wants. If my beliefs are an insult to yours then your beliefs are not that strong.

there's always a better way whether you believe in fairy

May 23, 2015, 11:06 AM

tales or not, that's basic, human decency, one person to the next.

and really, i doubt you shook thom's faith in the least.

I don't know

May 23, 2015, 11:20 AM

He's given me so much to ponder....

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know

May 23, 2015, 11:24 AM

No beliefs ?
Didn't you mean to say " other " beliefs ?

DB23

Actually, I mean both

May 23, 2015, 11:29 AM

From discussions I've had with many folks and friends over the years I find that there are folks who believe in something, folks who believe in nothing, and folks who hold no beliefs. I intentionally try to respect all three.

All you need is one good kidney stone with no

May 23, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I am a man of Faith ]

Medical attention. You will find yourself crying out to God whether you believe in him or not....how does that happen? I assume our soul, not our brain, knows he is our creator and Heavenly Father and his spirit is available to us.

You misunderstand

May 23, 2015, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I am a man of Faith ]

You are 100% within your rights to espouse your beliefs. Your beliefs do not insult me in the slightest. I've heard it before and much worse, and I understand that viewpoint. But the manner in which you articulate your beliefs does nothing except to intentionally dismiss others' as silly and childish. This does no good as a whole because it only serves to insult others.

Again, feel free to say what you want, but ask yourself what good you are trying to accomplish with your words. I see very little positive outcome from dismissing others so flippantly. (And I say the same when a fellow person of faith dismisses those with no beliefs as well).

Wrong board, Nietzsche...***

May 23, 2015, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Lounge is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(thataway)***

May 23, 2015, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My good friend us lungers are aren't so bad. I hope...........

May 23, 2015, 8:02 PM

you and Da Boss are well!

#manyfriendsinhere

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 11:34 AM

Still judging just not the sins you refer to.

May 23, 2015, 11:37 AM

Here's a question for you since you are so adamant that others are wrong....

What if you're wrong?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 23, 2015, 11:49 AM

you have proof of this?

May 23, 2015, 11:56 AM

Someone has activated a new SCOK.

Take out the trash mods

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 23, 2015, 12:00 PM

Believe in nothing ? Then what is life and why do we live it ?
Are we just biological entities or are we more ?

DB23

May 23, 2015, 12:09 PM
know this.jpg(118.6 K)

DB23

May 23, 2015, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: If there is no god ]

why does the existential dilemma have to be so d@mn bleak?

yes, we are alone in the world, life's meaningless, death's inevitable, but is that necessarily so depressing?...

...it just puts the burden on us to fill our lives with joy & wonder & weirdness & adventure or whatever it is that makes our hearts pound, our minds expand & our spirits soar...

that's the good stuff.

;)

- bedazzled, elliot

May 23, 2015, 12:41 PM

Guess whose going to jamaca soon

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You do realize our baseball team is on the bubble, right?!?

May 23, 2015, 12:55 PM

FOCUS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Ironic isn't it?

May 23, 2015, 1:16 PM

The self-righteousness of non-believers dwarfs that of believers. Go figure. You would have to know and live God's word to know why.

Oh, and try billions of people. Your numbers are off.

Nevertheless, enjoy your vacation. You clearly need it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2015, 2:15 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbF0bc7iEs

May 23, 2015, 3:19 PM

Message me if you want, I'll tell you a personal experience that opened my eyes.

Many folks that believe have had similar experiences that were eye opening to them.

I would say that if there is a God, there is no judging.

May 23, 2015, 5:13 PM

If you believe there is a God who judges, then your concept of God is wrong. That's just my opinion, of course.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If God is really there...

May 23, 2015, 6:46 PM

Then why does he let horrible things happen to the defenseless innocent. Before going back to school, I was an investigator for child protective services and about 25-years-old at the time. I thought I knew God... I was raised in the church. The God I thought I knew would never let the things I saw happen to these babies. I was also in the military... I'm 37 now, and I just don't know folks. It's a struggle. The kicker is that I have twin 7-year-old boys, and we're involved in the church. I just wish I had more faith in God... and humanity in general.

I'm proud of Dabo for wearing his faith on his sleeve. It's a very positive influence for our young people as long as it remains all inclusive... And it will.

Go Tigers!

Maybe God just doesn't work that way.

May 23, 2015, 6:56 PM

It doesn't have to mean there is no God.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe God just doesn't work that way.

May 23, 2015, 7:03 PM

True. But it's not very comforting to think of God as a kid with an ant farm either. We're learning more and more about what is beyond our own solar system. Check this out if you haven't already done so:

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/02/scientists-discover-another-earth.html

I don't think of God as a kid with an ant farm, or

May 23, 2015, 10:06 PM

even a "being", and certainly not one that is pondering, reflecting, and making decisions and judgments.

- H. L. Mencken

Fairy tales come true at times. And ..........

May 23, 2015, 8:04 PM

wtfff you don't believe in Santa Claus?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really kinda funny how folks think they've insulted God

May 23, 2015, 10:45 PM

by denying that He is real, not haha funny, strange-funny. If you don't believe in God you can't insult him, it's impossible.

Even stranger than that is the fact that He loves you. God is like electricity, not that I'd expect you to know how electricity became popular. There was a time when folks didn't want electricity because they though it wasn't real. Son, just as did some of those who didn't believe in electricity you just need to stick your finger in the light socket then your doubts about God will vanish. I'm not suggesting you die to find out, there's a much less painless way.

Dare God to speak to you. Read the first three chapters of the Gospel of John. It's the fourth book in the New Testament. I dare you to stick your finger in that light socket!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic