Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New bats nugget
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New bats nugget

May 21, 2015, 8:36 PM

If you were watching both games of the ACC Tourney and thought Clemson was swinging different bats today, you would be right. I asked one of the players after the game if I was seeing right, and he said Easton came through with a shipment of the new bat models. I say keep em

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still think our bat provider needs to be reevaluated

May 21, 2015, 8:42 PM

These new bats might be great, but I've seen other programs do extremely well with Rawlings, Louisville Slugger, DeMarini, and Marucci. I'm not sure when the contract with Easton runs out but it would certainly be worth investigating who actually makes the best BBCOR bats

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still think our bat provider needs to be reevaluated

May 21, 2015, 8:45 PM

One more year with Easton and then the Nike contract takes
over. Nike covers everything this year and next except the bats.

New Era deal

May 21, 2015, 8:47 PM

I know that expires soon. Will we have to wear stupid Nike hats?

Re: New Era deal

May 21, 2015, 9:02 PM

Pretty sure when Tnet posted the details of our new nike deal that it said after the New Era deal was up it would all be Nike including the hats. As far as re-evaluating the bats I agree 100%. I am a high school coach here in SC and Easton has fallen behind in the quality of their bats. The top 2 bats on the market right now are Rawlings and Louisville Slugger. The Rawlings 5150 bats are ridiculously smooth and powerful. Since the change to BBCOR Easton has been passed in the bats department. And by the way, shout out to Zack Erwin for his gutsy performance today. Was at 50 pitches in the 4th with 0 outs and ended up giving us 8 innings. Now lets go North Carolina and Lousville. If they both beat FSU and we win tomorrow hello Championship Sunday!!!

which version of the 5150 are you claiming is the best

May 22, 2015, 9:19 AM

I did some amateur searching when I bought my sons' bats. The internet left me just as clueless as I when I started. Ultimately I asked some of the parents and the games and they said the Easton s series was the way to go. I got a s500 for my 11 yr old and a s300 for my 7 yr old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Easton was top of the line before they switched to BBCOR

May 22, 2015, 9:44 AM

I don't think youth leagues are using BBCOR bats so the Eastons you bought are probably pretty good.

Does any college team use Nike bats?

May 21, 2015, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Still think our bat provider needs to be reevaluated ]

I know they were having major problems a few years ago and released everybody from their bat contracts.

In fact, I don't think Nike even makes bats anymore***

May 21, 2015, 8:52 PM

Nike has quit with the bats

May 21, 2015, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Still think our bat provider needs to be reevaluated ]

they suck. Teams who used to use them don't anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Hood

May 21, 2015, 9:07 PM

I would appreciate your take on my post regarding the semiholes players doing the gum promo in the pre game show.

I noticed the bats were new tonight. Easy to miss those yellow bats they have used all season.

Re: New bats nugget

May 21, 2015, 9:20 PM

Is it the Easton MAKO TORQ with the 2 piece handle?

bats not the two piece handle..

May 21, 2015, 11:39 PM

If I remember correctly, and maybe I'm wrong, but they looked like the Easton S series.

Go with the DeMarini......

May 21, 2015, 10:20 PM

....Go Tigers...........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Where may I try these new bat nuggets?***

May 21, 2015, 11:01 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic