Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oops dawg secondary violation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,815

Oops dawg secondary violation

May 21, 2015, 7:12 PM

Giving recruits souvenir pics of themselves it appears:

Georgia reports two secondary violations to NCAA
By Marc Weiszerupdated Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:04pm

The intersection of recruiting, social media and NCAA rules resulted in Georgia reporting two secondary violations since April, including one involving the football program.

Football recruits “were provided pictures which were taken during a campus visit via social media,” on Feb. 21 according to a summary of the violation described in information obtained by an open records request. Georgia held a recruiting junior day on that date.

The bylaw violated was 13.10.2.7 which pertains to photographing prospective student athletes. NCAA rules allow a school to snap a picture of a recruit during a campus visit for use in such things as a media guide but the photo can’t be provided to the recruit.

Georgia’s recruiting office was provided rules education.

The violation reported involving swimming (Georgia didn’t specify if it was men’s or women’s) came after members of the swim team tweeted and retweeted photos of recruits while on a recruiting visit on April 23.

That went against bylaw 13.10.2.4 which reads schools shouldn’t publicize or arrange for publicity of recruits visits to campus. Again, the resulting action was rules education.

Georgia classified both as Level III violations, which are considered isolated and provide no more than a minimal recruiting advantage.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2015-05-21/georgia-reports-two-secondary-violations-ncaa#.VV4KYi4Ci0s.twitter

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oops dawg secondary violation

May 21, 2015, 7:13 PM

They will have a TD taken away against the Coots per NCAA rules committee .

They still win 56-17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I can't believe that's a violation. What a joke.

May 21, 2015, 7:33 PM

Nothing to see here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe that's a violation. What a joke.

May 21, 2015, 7:35 PM

Whether we agree with the law , the law is still the law.
Everyone has that same paperwork.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree completely. I just can't believe that's in the law.

May 21, 2015, 8:00 PM

Actually I believe it, I just think it's dumb.

Re: I agree completely. I just can't believe that's in the law.

May 21, 2015, 8:04 PM

Most laws are. And the people who make them have committed the perfect crime themselves by convincing people that the world would burn if there weren't said laws in place.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Don't we do that too?

May 22, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I can't believe that's a violation. What a joke. ]

the recruit gets their picture taken in a Clemson uniform in the locker room. Maybe the prospect gets the picture and then tweets it out and thats the difference. But I know I've seen pics of prospects while on a visit to Clemson.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,815
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic