Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Points?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Points?

May 7, 2015, 1:02 AM

It's nurses week. How about some points for an ER nurse?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely, + juan.***

May 7, 2015, 1:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: absolutely, + juan.***

May 7, 2015, 1:17 AM

Thank you sir/ma'am

haha, yw. have a great week.***

May 7, 2015, 1:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She didn't mind at all.***

May 7, 2015, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: absolutely, + juan.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Haha.. icu rn here. Gave you a point, but

May 7, 2015, 1:29 AM

come on buddy, be better than that. If you're going to ask for points, you at least need to give the people an entertaining story. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Haha.. icu rn here. Gave you a point, but

May 7, 2015, 1:36 AM

HIPAA. Have more stories than I'd like to. I'm sure you do as well. Love it but some days it's taxing both physically and emotionally.

I love my job, but it does have its challenges. When

May 7, 2015, 1:40 AM

I stop loving it, I'll quit. 10 years and going strong. Be well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I love my job, but it does have its challenges. When

May 7, 2015, 1:43 AM

You too. Thanks for what you do! Tiger nurse...I like it. I'm sure there are many more, but they're just not whoring for points like me.

Here is a story...

May 7, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Haha.. icu rn here. Gave you a point, but ]

I am one of the base educators for an air medical program in the area and heard this story yesterday while doing sim lab.

EMS gets called out for a man (mid 20's) that woke up and could not move. Upon arrival they find that the guy has no motor or sensation from about nipple line down, so they call for flight. Once my team gets there, they assess and find that sure as crap, guy has limited upper extremity motor, and no motor/sensory in lowers. They ask the guy what happened, and he said he woke up this way. The flight nurse knowing something was not making sense prompts the guy a little more about what happened, and he sticks to the story.... So anyway, no time to mess around with the guy, they package him up, load him, and fly to the receiving. Once they get in the air, they give report to the trauma team via radio, and the doc on the radio repeats, "he woke up and cannot move", flight nurse says back, "that is the story", so no one is buying it.

Get the guy in the trauma bay, and the trauma team is inquiring about falls, etc.. really drilling the guy about what happened. Finally, and reluctantly, the guy admits that he was having sex with his woman, which apparently was a bigger girl, and she sat on his face. Well, she got really into it and snapped his neck. Turns out the guy had a displaced fx of c6 or c7.

Bonus story: Code Smoova

Get called for an assault. Find another mid 20's male that had been assaulted, positive loss of consciousness, and one hell of a laceration on the side of his face. Ask what happened, and he replies:

"I was getting some stank on my dank on the down low, my girl friend found out, and she hit me with a smoova."
"A smoova??"
"Yea, a smoova"
"Sir, I do not know what a smoova is"
"You know, a smoova, one of those thangs you smoove yo clothes out wit."
"Sir, do you mean an iron?"
"Yea, an iron!"

And that is what a code smoova is....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Points?

May 7, 2015, 2:48 AM

Points, where do you get them from, and what are they good for. I learn something new on here everyday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for Nurses

May 7, 2015, 8:03 AM

Here's to your health and that of your patients.

May 7, 2015, 8:31 AM

Point giveth!! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2015, 9:13 AM

That's great to give something back like that. I'd love to find time to do volunteer work. Just the other day I saw this golden retriever that-- He had like a gimp, and he couldn't really-- It made me feel terrible. I wish there was something I could do.

Enjoy your point! :)

Pigs?***

May 7, 2015, 10:35 AM

null

Is that you, Focker?***

May 7, 2015, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive