Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
(link) Wake unveils 27 new uniforms for 2015 ACC title run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,214

(link) Wake unveils 27 new uniforms for 2015 ACC title run

May 6, 2015, 12:05 PM

not kidding, this is the article's title

Wake Forest unveils 27 new uniforms for 2015 ACC title run

Fine, fine -- maybe "ACC title run" is a bit strong.

The Demon Deacons did go 3-9 (1-7 ACC) last year and have to climb up through a division that includes Florida State, Clemson and Louisville. Good point.

But hey, Wake is clearly trying to mark the beginning of a new era heading into Dave Clawson's second season in Winston-Salem, and the best way to do that and grab future recruits' attention?

New swag, of course.

Wake Forest joined the list of programs to unveil new uniforms for the 2015 season, and the Deacons came out with 27 different combinations of their new styles.

No, it's not Oregon-esque, but what is?

Here's all 27 new uniform combos in one graphic (view them all individually here):http://www.wakeforestsports.com/view.gal?id=179638

Wake has three basic foundations to build from: black jerseys and gold pants for home games, an all-white look for away games and an all-black alternate option. They'll mix and match from there.

Here's a little bit from Wake Forest's press release explaining some of the tradition-based details in the new uniforms:

"The new uniform design takes cues from the school's rich history, campus architecture and the Demon Deacon mascot. The black and gold uniform features a new custom number font honoring the university's founding in 1834. The numbers feature angled notches at 18 and 34 degrees, top and bottom respectively.

"The jersey sleeves feature a new pattern providing an unmistakable connection to Wake Forest's history. Drawn from the University Shield and the wrought-iron architectural details that punctuate the campus, the graphic forms a stylized 'W.' Its arching branches are suggestive of growth and collaboration -- keys to success as Coach Dave Clawson enters his second season with the Demon Deacons.

"The jersey collar references the Demon Deacon mascot, adopted by the university first as a term to describe the football team's play in the 1920s, and then introduced as a physical presence at games by students two decades later. Further graphic details include the words 'Deacon Tough,' symbolic of the program's fighting spirit, embroidered on the back of the neckline of the jersey, and Wake's 'WF' logo on the hip of the pant."

And here's the video Wake put together:

https://youtu.be/pYg87aC-Jz0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

i bet crump be all like...

May 6, 2015, 12:13 PM

photo soultrain1_zps76ed4bb9.gif

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jared_crump_793285.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess any old barn looks good painted.***

May 6, 2015, 12:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am reminded of a quote from the movie "The Patriot"....

May 6, 2015, 12:16 PM

from the French Major Jean Villeneuve. If get killed today, at least I will be well-dressed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If Wake Forest wins ACC this year....

May 6, 2015, 12:24 PM

I vote Clemson changes to the shiny helmet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Not only will Wake Forest not win ACC this year....

May 6, 2015, 12:30 PM

I doubt they win a single conference game.

Their OOC schedule includes Elon, at Army, Indiana and at Notre Dame.

Looks like a 2-10 or 3 - 9 record (at best) for Wake Forest in 2015.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic