Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit?

May 6, 2015, 11:34 AM

Clemson to get a final 2015 commit?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!***

May 6, 2015, 11:39 AM

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit?

May 6, 2015, 11:53 AM

I really worry about whether a guy that just barely qualifies can do well enough to progress over 3-4 years at Clemson University. The typical student has to score quite high to be admitted. So, how will a guy with a fairly low ACT score do at an university with a rigorous curriculum? Of course, one might point out the historical graduation rate for the football team under Dabo's leadership has been in the top ten nationally, so I suppose other student-athletes have overcome the same potential obstacle.

ACT in my opinion has nothing to do with how well you will

May 6, 2015, 12:05 PM

in college..........jmho

May 6, 2015, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

I understand somewhat of your hesitation. But Shaq Lawson, Tank, and Battle all had to go to prep school because of grades. Once they got in to Clemson haven't heard of anymore issues with them.

Its called Vickery

May 6, 2015, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

and its awesome

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly

May 6, 2015, 12:21 PM

ranked 2016 recruit. Let's pass on this guy.

Re: Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly

May 6, 2015, 12:24 PM

This guy is a stud, you don't pass on studs.

May 6, 2015, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

Dabo, personally, has been following this kid's performance on the field. He must think he is plenty impressive enough. I'll take his opinion. Dabo's job is on the line with these recruits. I don't think he'd give a scholarship away to somebody he doubts will be a player. There's too much riding on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Airese Curry is his position coach at AC Flora...

May 6, 2015, 1:05 PM

so I'm pretty sure that Clemson's staff has "researched" this kid thoroughly in making this decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Airese Curry is his position coach at AC Flora...

May 6, 2015, 9:01 PM

I concur. They must see something very special in this young man that they believe will translate into an asset. I trust their opinion. Also, stars are based a lot on camps, etc, and I don't know if this kid has camped. As far as his grades, at Clemson, the structure is so rigorous and so strict, it will be hard for a kid to not make it if he has som academic ability and discipline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2015, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

Dabo saw him play one game…..probably the best game of his life.

May 6, 2015, 8:11 PM

another sad Chicken fan pretending to be a Clemson fan.... little brother syndrome is a sad sad disease..

null

May 6, 2015, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

And you know this, how? Dabo never has said how many times he's seen him play, or practice, or how much he's been around him. He goes to school where Dabo's kid goes, I believe, so I imagine he's seen this kid on many occasions.

May 7, 2015, 10:11 AM

No, he doesn't go to the same school as dabos kid. He saw him when his team played Daniel his kids team. That being said I'm sure the staff has studied several game tapes on him. Guy is a stud just look at his highlights.

May 12, 2015, 11:00 AM

Sorry. I thought the boys played on the same team. No matter. Dabo would not offer if the potential weren't there. That's the point.

Quite sure you felt same. ...

May 6, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

About gallman

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson

May 6, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

thanks 80....appreciate your vigilance.***

May 6, 2015, 8:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2015, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

If he impressed Dabo enough to wait on him, LETS not pass on this guy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

LOL! When you reach the same status As Dabo and company with recruiting ability, we will listen. Again, LOL!

More highly rated? Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett

May 6, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

and Jaron Brown were 3 stars. Andre Branch was a 2 star for most of his recruitment but got bumped up to a 3 star near the end of his senior season. Kevin Alexander was only a 2 star guy. All were great players at Clemson and all went on to play, or recently drafted in the NFL. I could name quite a few other 2 and 3 stars that were studs in college and went on to success in the NFL. If you are putting all your stock in recruiting ranking to say if a guy should be passed over then you don't know enough about football or sports in general. But then again don't let facts get in the way of your flawed opinion.

May 6, 2015, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Hope not, he'll take a scholarship away from a more highly ]

South Carolina isnt in the running #### boy.

null

May 6, 2015, 12:33 PM

Hope not. Bad feeling about this kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2015, 1:16 PM

HUH? So you know more than the coaching staff

May 6, 2015, 2:05 PM

I think that some of these guys have been Nintendo Head Coaches for a bit to long. Ya think!!!!:)

I like it. Hope the grades come in. We need another safety

May 6, 2015, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

imo. Good stuff.

Re: I like it. Hope the grades come in. We need another safety

May 6, 2015, 7:15 PM

someone said cb. I could see that. A 6'1 cb. He can plant his foot in the ground and change directions very well I could see it.

Thanks for the info....

May 6, 2015, 7:16 PM

Wherever he plays I am glad we have him.

Re: Thanks for the info....

May 6, 2015, 7:25 PM

i think the testing services like espn and most all media outlets have a bias against dabo and clemson. when the testing services got word this kid was interested in the tigers they fooled with his grade. i know dabo would never be allowed to bring in a questionable recruit with low academic standards. it is so difficult to get into clemson, and even more difficult to stay, i am sure dabo and crew got it straight and this kid will be an honor student like spiller. go dabo!

And led tiger will learn where a caps key is located.

May 6, 2015, 8:05 PM

Major achievement

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the info....

May 6, 2015, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks for the info.... ]

You are a chicken fan.

null

May 12, 2015, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

no dumazz, just like you I have an opinion....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2015, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

Why do you have a bad feeling? They think he is a good recruit and that is why they have stuck with him. We have plenty of other talent at receiver so if he did bust it wouldn't hurt that bad. Sure you can say we should go get another position then but where. We are recruiting top notch talent at every position. 2016 is already shaping up to be a great class. I somewhat agree that we shouldn't take the so called 5 hearts. But this kid is not a 5 heart like say the davis twins or greenlee. Besides those guys amount to about 5% of our team. If one of them contributes it is a win because they all give great effort and help the team in other capacities.

May 6, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

Get ready for the Vic and Gaines comments…never gets old!

May 6, 2015, 8:18 PM

chicken boy

null

That'd be because the Clemson staff has actually PROVEN

May 9, 2015, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson to get a final 2015 commit? ]

that they can coach/teach guys.Instead of being like USuC and other places, where what you get is what you recruit with virtually NO IMPROVEMENT at all the 3-5 years that they have the kids under their guidance.

i guess his other choices are places he plays day 1

May 6, 2015, 7:57 PM

It all comes down to if he wants to take it to the next level by going to Clemson or playing day one at the coots, everybody knows what happened when they lost this year. The recruiting class where running away. It went down hill from there. How they paid scout to keep them in the top 20, I'll never know.

It's sinking in on the coots fans except the ones trying to post here with three accounts. They are returning to their traditional ways in football. The old ball coach was studdering so bad that week before the bowl as his boat was going round and round down the drain.

When his grades are good enough he's not going to jump on a sinking boat. Dabo loves this guy & I think they are pretty close.
He will come where Dabo will help him become a man and prepare him for the NFL.

We look forward to adding another great player to an awesome class.

Go tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Concerned about this kid's commitment to academics.....

May 6, 2015, 8:17 PM

if he has to wait until his final grades to find out if he'll be able to qualify.

Trust Dabo and his ability to judge a young man's character, so the kid does have that goin' for him.....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerned about this kid's commitment to academics.....

May 7, 2015, 10:06 AM

This "kid" has excellent grades. He had bad academic advising that did not have him taking college prerequisite courses early in his high school career. He has had to double up & is doing very well!

AND...................As a 3 Star WR @ Clemson

May 7, 2015, 10:14 AM

He'll most likely RS, giving him a whole year to get ahead. He's gonna be another very good Clemson WR.

Bump... been a week. Any news or guesses?***

May 13, 2015, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic