Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo were to leave.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If Dabo were to leave.....

May 5, 2015, 12:09 AM

If Swinney left the Clemson football program in excellent shape (like he has it now) for a job that he perceived to be a step up (not that there is a better job than HC of Clemson football), could you/would you wish him nothing shy of great success? The man has done some marvelous things for us here and could one day have the opportunity to move on. Just curious as to what others thought.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. How could you not?***

May 5, 2015, 12:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Of course...he's a great guy on and off the field...some

May 5, 2015, 12:21 AM

coaches, Slurrier, could learn a few things from him...

Re: Of course...he's a great guy on and off the field...some

May 5, 2015, 2:19 AM

Dabo would have left for Florida had he been offered the job.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that is a bold statement... Based on what info?

May 5, 2015, 5:11 AM

At this point, Florida would be more like a lateral move. They have the academic angle covered, but too cosmopolitan to embrace Swinney's emphasis on faith.

I could see Bama one day, but not convinced It is a good fit either, it is just that it is his alma mater and those ties bind.

I'm trying to think of a school that has a semi rural setting, good football tradition, prioritizes academic performance from its athletes and is unabashedly open to wearing your Christian faith on your sleeve.

Penn State maybe. They could use a PR makeover integrity wise.

Notre Dame? But Dabo is not catholic.

I'm hard pressed to see him leaving Clemson anytime soon. At least not until he gets a natty or two. I think Dabo knows how hard it is to create something like he has going at Clemson twice. It would have to be an obvious fit or the result of a big blow up with Clemson administration a la Danny Ford. In either case, highly unlikely sans Bama perhaps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that is a bold statement... Based on what info?

May 5, 2015, 6:07 AM

Here is my view. Dabo is a "lifer" at Clemson as long as the support from the school continues and I see no reason for that to change. At Clemson, he is "King" and deservedly so. Everything about Dabo says "class" and he has matched that with a university that says "class". We are a perfect match. Why would Dabo want to undo all that he has done, said, preached, and committed to over the years he has been here? I don't see him leaving here for any other coaching job in the country. He is accomplishing what he wants to accomplish, and that is developing a winning program that helps the student athlete become a better, more mature graduate of this fine university. At the Prowl and Growl last night in Greenwood, Dabo says he has had 118 seniors since he has been the coach and 111 have gotten their degree. The others are committed to getting theirs also. Incredible, and a winning program also!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ford was a lifer too. One day we woke up and the news

May 5, 2015, 6:16 AM

said he was gone

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That could mean only one thing:

May 5, 2015, 6:20 AM

You went to bed very early back in the day.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Ford was a lifer too. One day we woke up and the news

May 5, 2015, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Ford was a lifer too. One day we woke up and the news ]

Like I said, the chances of that repeating itself again are slim to none. I think Clemson folk have learned from their past mistakes.

apples and oranges, the administration was different in

May 5, 2015, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Ford was a lifer too. One day we woke up and the news ]

those days.....you know who I'm talkin' about

Re: apples and oranges, the administration was different in

May 5, 2015, 7:56 AM

Plus Dabo doesn't have any daughters that might be interested in dating a star running back.

I wasn't trying to equate the two, just that you never know

May 5, 2015, 5:34 PM [ in reply to apples and oranges, the administration was different in ]

what might happen

I remember a quote from Jack Arute last year on Sirius

May 5, 2015, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Now that is a bold statement... Based on what info? ]

referenced a similar stat and that all the guys that did not have degrees were in the NFL.
Amazing!

The context was a conversation about schools that proved he could be successful both on the field and academically.

They did not mention either Carolina schools for those curious.

null

University of Florida, cosmopolitan?!?

May 5, 2015, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Now that is a bold statement... Based on what info? ]

LOL! That's the first time I have EVER heard that! Gainesville is as far from cosmopolitan as a city can be. And they have lots of redneck fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well, it isn't Atlanta or Miami, but it has a bigger

May 6, 2015, 7:02 AM

Population and therefore a bigger diversity of folks that make it feel less rural. How is that for clarification?

Well said Huffer

May 5, 2015, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Now that is a bold statement... Based on what info? ]

I agree 100%. +1

Doubt Dabo would leave BUT he'd be dangerous

May 5, 2015, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course...he's a great guy on and off the field...some ]

at a school like Florida, not having to talk their star athletes into leaving the state.

May 5, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course...he's a great guy on and off the field...some ]

I'm still curious, as to why you think, he would have left for florida.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2015, 9:11 AM

> I'm still curious, as to why you think, he would have
> left for florida.

he wouldn't have.

Assuming Clemson would match any potential

May 5, 2015, 7:04 AM

offer, and the way things are going that should be a given, I could only forgive Dabo if he left for Alabama. I could understand it if he left for his alma mater and childhood favorite team. Otherwise there is no better job in my opinion, and I like to think Dabo agrees.

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: If Dabo were to leave.....

May 5, 2015, 7:21 AM

Support him ...yes.
Disappointed... Absolutely.

My preference is Dabo leaves as head coach to become AD of Clemson someday.

He could be great for all sports and the entire University.

heck, why not have Dabo be university president one day?***

May 5, 2015, 7:25 AM

I just think that Dabo is a good fit here and even if he

May 5, 2015, 7:28 AM

were to take another job elsewhere (which I don't believe he would) he would regret it afterwards.

Re: I just think that Dabo is a good fit here and even if he

May 5, 2015, 7:54 AM

Alabama is the only job he would willingly leave Clemson for. And I don't think Saban is going anywhere any time soon there.

Dabo LEAVE?

May 5, 2015, 8:16 AM

He is far too young to retire.

You know, there was a time when jack leggett had this thing

May 5, 2015, 8:30 AM

Moving in full force, great players, success on and off the field and If you look at this forum in the past month you can see how different that mood can change amongst a fickle fan base. My hope is that never happens in football but it's hard to stay on top of that wave bc we shift the success meter. At some point 9 win seasons becomes stagnit and we will think a conference championship or playoff spot is what is expected. So to answer your question do I think clemson would turn on him if he left... Yep

Re: You know, there was a time when jack leggett had this thing

May 5, 2015, 5:21 PM

I agree I think Clemson would turn on him before he would turn on Clemson

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Forever indebted here. From what I've seen from Dabo, I

May 5, 2015, 5:54 PM

think he sees Clemson like we did during our great era and still sees the potential. At his age, our program was mentioned in the same conversation that included Okla, Nebraska, Penn St, ND, etc. every season. I see Bama as the only school that he'd consider leaving Clemson for, being that Clemson in his mind isn't too far off from that caliber and his intention is to wake the sleeping Tiger that he grew up admiring. More than once he's referenced the greatness. Gene Stallings' grandson coming here to play for Dabo is insane. I am not even sure he'd leave for Bama considering...he's not in it for maximum income, the elements of momentum and luck are on his side, and he is already at a destination location for football.

So Bama would be the only 1 he'd consider and I question that since he's bringing Bama here. Beveled Edge Bros and Stallimgs Grandson headed here- I just wonder what folks in Ala think about that.

Message was edited by: Tickled Orange®

Depends on where he left for

May 5, 2015, 6:00 PM

Bama? Sure. Oregon? Fine.

FLORIDA/UGA/FSU? Nope.

He would only leave for Bama and that's questionable.***

May 5, 2015, 9:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo were to leave.....

May 5, 2015, 6:02 PM

Right now Clemson is his baby and he would not leave even for Bama. The first 8 win season at Bama and they would turn on him in a minute. Right now Dabo has a chance to accomplish everything he wants right here at Clemson. Dabo is Clemson Football and will go down as the winingest Coach in Tiger history.

I really don't see Dabo ever leaving

May 5, 2015, 11:25 PM

Unless for some reason we force him to leave (which i don't ever see happening) or maybe sometime in the future after he wins a few national championships he could see that he has accomplished all the goals at Clemson and want to try to do the same at another university. Dabo is not about the money so i don't see him leaving us for another school if they offered him more $. Also, Clemson was the school to give him another opportunity and come back to coach and we gave him the opportunity to be a head coach. I think that's why dabo will never leave Clemson and continue to be our HC as long as we let him. We are the perfect fit for him and he is the perfect fit for us, I truly would not want any other HC in college or NFL at Clemson. Dabo and Clemson are a match made in heaven, seriously lol.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic