Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steph Curry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,147

Steph Curry

May 4, 2015, 3:57 PM

Heard on the radio in Raleigh, about how VT did not offer him a scholarship despite the fact that His dad and mom are both graduates of VT. I think they offered him a walk on but not a scholarship. Boy did that hurt VT. bc look at VT right now. One of worst BBall teams in the ACC.

Bringing it back around to Clemson Football. I'm not saying all our legacy guys will be great but at least Dabo recognizes the importance of family and Clemson Football. 1 or 2 may end up being great contributors to us towards their junior/senior year or maybe all of them will be ST guys. Either way I bet VT wished they would have offered Curry a true 4 year scholarship and Dabo has done that and those guys will play their butts off for him and their parents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Steph Curry

May 4, 2015, 4:04 PM

Next time we have a legacy recruit who steps on the floor/field and is immediately one of the best players in the conference, let me know.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Wingo did pretty good at SCAR.

May 4, 2015, 4:06 PM

nm

Re: Wingo did pretty good at SCAR.

May 4, 2015, 4:24 PM

Yes, but even he wasn't on Curry's level in college.

I'm sure that there are successful legacy recruits who have gotten the shaft, but I think Curry is a pretty special case for so many reasons. Namely because he was the best player in the SoCon his freshman season. Even for a mid-major, not too bad for a guy who hadn't even grown past 6'1 yet.

I've never seen a single guy transcend the constraints of mid-major to big-time basketball like Curry did. His transition to the NBA and his MVP award indicates that there may never be a worse snub (unless you count Jordan not making his middle school team).

what is the best way to reach you?***

May 4, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Steph Curry ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

snapchat***

May 4, 2015, 4:07 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: what is the best way to reach you?***

May 4, 2015, 4:16 PM [ in reply to what is the best way to reach you?*** ]

hotmail.com

Re: Steph Curry

May 4, 2015, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Steph Curry ]

I think we will all know. but VT didn't know and looked what happened. HOw many 4* guys have we had come in and contribute right away? We have redshirted many guys bc they were not immediately ready to play on the field. There aren't that many guys that can step on the field day 1 and play immediately and be an instant impact except maybe D. Watson, Sammy, and Artavis and a few others. Most times it takes guys a few years.

wonder if Dabo will offer

May 4, 2015, 4:07 PM

Bellamy's son one day...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: wonder if Dabo will offer

May 4, 2015, 4:15 PM

mike or bill bellamy?

roger***

May 4, 2015, 4:15 PM

Re: wonder if Dabo will offer

May 4, 2015, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: wonder if Dabo will offer ]

well played

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it happens. pretty amazing that one of the worst programs

May 4, 2015, 4:14 PM

in the acc playing in one of the worst facilities in the acc, attracted a name coach who has already posted a top 25ish class?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should we even consider offering legacies...

May 4, 2015, 4:19 PM

if they have talked to USCjr?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody else offered him either

May 4, 2015, 6:47 PM

what's crazy is nobody even offered his little brother, Seth.

Seth went to Liberty for a year (almost beat one of Purnell's best teams by himself) and then transferred to Duke.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic