Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would anyone be mad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 2,409

Would anyone be mad

Apr 28, 2015, 3:21 PM

If the Baltimore pd opened fire on all the idiots rioting? I wouldn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The violent ones,

Apr 28, 2015, 3:25 PM

no not really. They've been given plenty of opportunities to stand down but keep going because there hasn't been a signifigant response by the police.

Start with rubber bullets though, not sure I've seen if they're tried that yet.

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Start with rubber bullets, tear gas, and water cannons....

Apr 28, 2015, 3:37 PM

Most of these people aren't interested in fighting with the police but I'm sure they appreciate the people who are creating distractions for law enforcement so the looters and vandals can carry-on with their illegal activities unabated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Announce that anyone on the streets

Apr 28, 2015, 3:53 PM

after 8:00 pm will be shot. Then at 8:05, light firecrackers at a number of intersections. Might not work, but makes for good TV.

I like it.***

Apr 28, 2015, 3:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Arrests should have been made as soon as the first rock was

Apr 28, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Start with rubber bullets, tear gas, and water cannons.... ]

thrown or the first store was vandalized, followed by the escalation of force as needed to restore and maintain order. Peaceful protests are fine, but there should be zero tolerance for looting, vandalizing, and harassing and endangering other people.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

So what should be done now that it was openly admitted

Apr 28, 2015, 4:07 PM

by the mayor that she told police not to get involved so the "protesters" could blow off steam

done by who about what?

Apr 28, 2015, 4:49 PM

The police should always be protecting life and property, enforcing the law, and using whatever force is needed to accomplish that. As for what should be done about her and the way she has handled this, I guess that's up to the city council or the voters.

- H. L. Mencken

Agreed, but what happens

Apr 28, 2015, 4:52 PM

when they're ordered not to do anything?

"I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

http://www.examiner.com/article/baltimore-mayor-gives-rioters-space-to-destroy

Well know you're twisting her words.

Apr 28, 2015, 5:17 PM

When she said

"...we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

you twist it to make it sound as if she said

"...we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

Quit trying to twist it all around and misrepresent what she said! ;)

- H. L. Mencken

I'd have an issue as soon as the first violent act was

Apr 28, 2015, 5:49 PM

initiated. Some protesters must feel the shock factor wasn't enough and had to up the ante resulting in violence. Why don't they all go workout to blow off steam...you don't need a fancy gym membership to do that and you can help cure the obesity epidemic...

Re: done by who about what?

Apr 28, 2015, 4:54 PM [ in reply to done by who about what? ]

So the media outlets should say derogatory things about the lawless looters and rioters in Baltimore ?
That is the solution ?
Man , you gotta get this out there so that others can hear your message .
#staysimple

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: So what should be done now that it was openly admitted

Apr 29, 2015, 12:03 AM [ in reply to So what should be done now that it was openly admitted ]

First she should be recalled or relieved of duties by the governor. I would add her to the law suits personally if I was a property owner. She, by her inaction, allowed this fiasco. Keeping the kids out of school so they can participate is really smart. They should have been met with no nonsense force at the beginning and this wouldn't have happened. This is what you get when you elect idiots to office

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

clear everyone except rioters out of a 5 block radius...

Apr 28, 2015, 3:30 PM

and turn the air force loose

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: clear everyone except rioters out of a 5 block radius...

Apr 28, 2015, 4:03 PM

Nobody does anything to these thugs. That why it continues to happen and its all because of political correctness. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC will not say anything derogatory about the looters because
most are minorities. People will not tell it like it is because they are afraid of Al Sharpton, Jessa Jackson, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need legit robocops...

Apr 28, 2015, 5:45 PM

A force that doesn't feel pain, fear, remorse...just performs a task it is programmed to do. I'd send them in to restore order. The lack of empathy for these CRIMINALS would deter many of them from even participating. Imagine something not susceptible to any of those human emotions...wish that'd hurry up and become a reality.

Skynet, where you at?

Re: We need legit robocops...

Apr 28, 2015, 6:14 PM

Isn't the fact that we don't have robocop's the reason these people are rioting.

I'd like to think so...

Apr 28, 2015, 6:28 PM

They all should be programmed to say..."Think it over, creep."

A lot of people here mad about some broken windows

Apr 28, 2015, 5:54 PM

And a looted CVS.. I don't many too concerned about the kid murdered in the back of a police van by joyriding government thugs. Wonder why that is..

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-gray-rough-rides-20150423-story.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't feel sorry for someone arrested over 20 times

Apr 28, 2015, 8:37 PM

even if it were my own brother or sister. I believe in second chances but not 21st chances. Sorry, but there is a limit to everything.

Sympathy is a total waste of time on some people.

I DO feel sorry for the innocent citizens who had their stores burned, their jobs lost, their cars and property destroyed, and their neighborhoods terrorized. Talk about justice, where is THEIR justice?

Re: I don't feel sorry for someone arrested over 20 times

Apr 28, 2015, 8:45 PM

So police have the right to torture and murder him at their discretion? Are you kidding me? There are hundreds of problems that led up to him being put in that vehicle - but NONE OF THEM condone what followed. They deliberately defied departmental policy to give him a "rough ride" which led directly to his death. It's manslaughter in almost every state in this country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2015, 9:20 PM

I'm normally on the cop's side but this seems different. If it were my kid I would raise Cain too.

Apr 29, 2015, 12:09 AM

Raising nag Cain and demanding justice is one thing. Acting like wild animals is another. There is a correct way to do it and these idiots are certainly not doing that. All they are doing is enjoyable my heckling, assaulting police and citizens, robbing people, looting stores etc

Apr 29, 2015, 12:38 AM

That's the way if like to believe I would behave. But if one of my kids went into a van alive and came out dead and police tried to keep it quiet... Well then I might lose my cool. A lot of times looters aren't part of the riot so I don't even include them.

you're making the wrong argument.... the point is not what

Apr 28, 2015, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't feel sorry for someone arrested over 20 times ]

happend to Freddie.. if it was out of line, then cops should go down, period.

The issue is the attempt to justify the "rioting" we are seeing. That's nuts

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Apr 29, 2015, 12:07 AM [ in reply to I don't feel sorry for someone arrested over 20 times ]

I don't know about anyone else's but my homeowners insurance with State Farm excludes coverage for riots, war etc. so these people that last their incomes, their jobs, wear beaten are just sol

What's funny is how white people

Apr 28, 2015, 9:22 PM

riot and loot after sports events and other meaningless things, but you don't see threads pop up here with commenter after commenter fantasizing about seeing them shot, bombed, gassed, and burned to death.

But when a group of uppity you-know-whats gets angry about yet another killing of an unarmed citizen by police.. well, just scroll up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nobody is saying they are "right".... they should be

Apr 28, 2015, 9:26 PM

arrested on the spot too.

So don't use that to justify cowardly acts in Baltimore. COWARDLY.

Hell... it's not even that. It's thugs are living a thug life and have no idea what is going on. They should be arrested and given 3-5 years on the spot for that crap.

You wanna stop the perception blacks have of cops? Stop breaking the law at such an alarming rate.

Arrested is one thing

Apr 28, 2015, 9:45 PM

I'm talking about the outright glee in some of these comments here at the thought of seeing these people slaughtered en masse.

"Would anyone be mad if the Baltimore pd opened fire on all the idiots rioting? I wouldn't."

"clear everyone except rioters out of a 5 block radius... and turn the air force loose"

"we should just let them all go into the mall to loot and steal, then fire a couple of rockets at it..."

"The Maryland Air National Guard does have a wing of A10 Warthogs. After the past decade and a half they have a lot of experience in close air support. It probably wouldn't take but one or maybe two passes with the 30mm GAU before the riot lost it's steam."

The spirit of Ben Tillman truly does live on at Clemson!

so you think people are making those comments b/c they

Apr 28, 2015, 9:49 PM

are black?

you need help

Well.. yeah

Apr 28, 2015, 9:59 PM

'Course, most of them would never admit it, at least in public.. heck, some might not even realize it.

you're nuts.. anyone that does the crap we saw on TV

Apr 28, 2015, 10:01 PM

should be arrested on the spot...

If the Army, Air Force, or whoever wanted to go after them, then I'm all for it... black, white, yellow, green, whatever..

if your ### walks up and slits a fire hose while the fire department is attempting to put a fire out, you should be shot on the spot... (what if they are trying to get to someone who is trapped)

Re: so you think people are making those comments b/c they

Apr 28, 2015, 10:00 PM [ in reply to so you think people are making those comments b/c they ]

Did you start a thread saying you wouldn't mind if police opened fire on Kentucky or Michigan State basketball fans?

#####?***

Apr 28, 2015, 10:02 PM

Re: #####?***

Apr 28, 2015, 10:04 PM

I believe you suggested we turn the Air Force loose on them actually. Should we start giving kill orders to police at every major sporting event? Probably significantly more damage.

yes

Apr 28, 2015, 10:05 PM

does that help?

hope that helps

Re: yes

Apr 28, 2015, 10:10 PM

that would help except no one actually seems to care when those things happen because everyone dismisses it as the cost of doing business. White kids get drunk, act stupid, break stuff, but it's a billion dollar industry we don't want to spoil. Black people get sick of being killed by cops, some bad seeds act stupid and break stuff and we start getting nervous about revolution and want to "wipe them out." If you don't think that's racial, you're deliberately blind. But, when I find your tirade about carpet bombing the U of Maryland basketball fans who did more damage to Baltimore after their National Championship I'll know you're on the level.

Can I just say

Apr 28, 2015, 10:12 PM

I would be just fine with carpet-bombing Maryland fans?

yes***

Apr 28, 2015, 10:13 PM

Apr 28, 2015, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: yes ]

Revolution? Who's scared of that?

Apr 28, 2015, 11:12 PM

If you meant Prince's backup band , then yes ...I am scared of the Revolution .

DB23

Apr 28, 2015, 11:16 PM

How would you defend yourself ?
Careful , your answer might incite them .

DB23

Re: so you think people are making those comments b/c they

Apr 28, 2015, 11:09 PM [ in reply to so you think people are making those comments b/c they ]

Well, he's right that white people don't say the same thing about sports rioting.

The south supposedly has race relation problems

Apr 28, 2015, 9:42 PM

filled with racist rednecks, yet the major racial issues in our country are occurring outside the south (Missouri, Maryland, New York, etc.).

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Only someone foolish and unwise would say such a thing.

Apr 29, 2015, 1:45 AM

You live in a sad world my friend. Violence leads to violence.

Re: Would anyone be mad

Apr 29, 2015, 6:23 AM

Would you be mad if those rioting idiots then
burned down Baltimore?
I would.I don't necessarily care for Baltimore,but it does have
Ft.McHenry.

Re: Would anyone be mad

Apr 29, 2015, 6:38 AM

Baltimore is top 10 in the country in crime rate , especially violent crime ...every single year . This newest police incident with a minority victim has only stoked the flame that was already burning .
Baltimore will recover from this atrocity , but it's own residents ...the ones committing these acts , are the ones that will be left living with it .
Kids need a hobby .

DB23

Yes!

Apr 29, 2015, 8:15 AM

The rioters would be very upset.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 2,409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic