Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many of you are Clemson fans first and foremost and baseball fans secondary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

How many of you are Clemson fans first and foremost and baseball fans secondary

Apr 28, 2015, 10:15 AM

I root for Clemson, but I love good baseball. Matthew's matchup Saturday should be a great pitching duel with Kyle Funkhouser and I'm really looking forward to it. Two polished pitchers that are what they are.
The match-up Sunday is really different. Zach is facing Brendan McKay. McKay, like Zach is just beginning to realize his potential. They both have tremendous upside. McKay is probably the best pitcher on Louisville's staff. He is striking out 11.9 per 9 innings. As a fan of the game, I can't wait to see our top hitters face McKay. I love to see great defensive plays regardless of the team. I'll enjoy the weekend games regardless of outcome. It seems that I'm probably alone here. My feeling is that most of you are Clemson fans first, and that baseball is just another sport to you (maybe not your favorite of the big 3 southern sports)?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who

Apr 28, 2015, 10:15 AM

and what?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

i revere the game of baseball.***

Apr 28, 2015, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i revere the game of baseball.- Paul??

Apr 28, 2015, 12:38 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha, maybe, but if you're looking for a minute man

Apr 28, 2015, 12:42 PM

see lbu, well at least that's what the ladies say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely love the game of baseball. Which is why

Apr 28, 2015, 10:45 AM

our decline as a program over the last several years has been so painful to watch.

null

Re: Absolutely love the game of baseball. Which is why

Apr 28, 2015, 10:46 AM

great reply!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ likes the lowered mound, the designated hitter, refuses

Apr 28, 2015, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Absolutely love the game of baseball. Which is why ]

to give the inside part of the plate back to the pitchers & can't lay off the high hard stuff.

smh

Re: How many of you are Clemson fans first and foremost and baseball fans secondary

Apr 28, 2015, 10:46 AM

I like baseball but I hate the ongoing mess that Jack puts on the field every game. He has our once proud program headed for the crapper and no one in the admin or Drad seems to care!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans first and foremost. I'll root for any Clemson team

Apr 28, 2015, 11:01 AM

Or coach no matter what the record is as long as they are running ethical programs and churning out fine young men and women who will contribute to society.

I am still one of those foolish people who consider college athletics as college athletics no matter how much money is involved. A scholarship is a means to an education not induction into the nba, nfl, mlb, or the professional concrete canoe league.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm a baseball nut. Not so much of the college variety.

Apr 28, 2015, 11:20 AM

Though I will watch it with some interest.

Ban the aluminum bats!***

Apr 28, 2015, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DH, too. :)***

Apr 28, 2015, 12:13 PM

Most baseball purists....

Apr 28, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I'm a baseball nut. Not so much of the college variety. ]

don't care much for the collegiate game. They'd rather watch minor league baseball. It's generally a better brand of baseball and they use "real" wooden bats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It's a little difficult to answer, because I believe most

Apr 28, 2015, 11:57 AM

all of us are Clemson fans first, each with varying degrees of interest in our sports' programs.

I'm passionate about football, but that doesn't mean I don't want all of our programs to do well. When some lag or fail, then I support change only after the probability of future success dwindles to the point of a certain amount of hopelessness.

I understand the frustration with Coach Leggett. I also understand and appreciate his past accomplishments. However, no coach is as important as the program, and if the powers-that-be determine that the probability of our future success is hindered by a coach's efforts, then I support change.

I view TigerNet as a microcosm of the Clemson family, for I believe dissatisfaction expressed here is typical of dissatisfaction throughout the ranks, so to speak. What I read here is often quite similar to what I've heard over the years in the tin cans, on campus and amongst Clemson friends across the state. And that's been for a long, long time.

My belief is that Coach Leggett's days are numbered. Frank Howard was wise enough to recognize his similar situation and hence, why he chose the honorable path of retirement when he did. We now call him a Legend. Nevertheless, I choose to remain in full support of Coach Leggett and our team for the remainder of our season, wishing all of them - and I mean ALL - very best wishes and good luck.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said, in fact

Apr 28, 2015, 12:58 PM

you took he words right out of my own mouth ... er, off my fingertips. Thanks.

maybe we can win if we

Apr 28, 2015, 12:24 PM

Don't have any coaching blunders like last weekend

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe we can win if we

Apr 29, 2015, 11:47 AM

Anxious to see McKay after reading your post...Funkhouser is projected as a top 10 pick so if this kid is better it should be interesting. As far as a fan goes, I will pull hard and cheer for the coaches and players that are wearing the orange and white. The season has proven somewhat frustrating at times but they are fun to watch when the 'good Tigers' hit the field. I hope those are the ones that finish the season out. We can argue pitching, fielding, sending runners, getting picked off, etc all year as can every team in the country. When the season is over if any actions need to be taken I am sure the administration will address them.

Re: How many of you are Clemson fans first and foremost and baseball fans secondary

Apr 29, 2015, 11:49 AM

Fire jack?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic