Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we were to go 12-1 and win the ACC this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

If we were to go 12-1 and win the ACC this year

Apr 27, 2015, 9:55 PM

and you could pick the one loss, who would you chose that loss to be to?
I would choose at NC State. I don't want to lose any but definitely not a home game. You?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we were to go 12-1 and win the ACC this year

Apr 27, 2015, 10:01 PM

From a what's best to make the CFP perspective....if we had to lose one, lose to the nerds from Atlanta and then avenge the loss in the ACCCG.

But, let's win 'em all and not worry about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 10:18 PM

As long as it's not a home game to the coots or cuse we should be okay and make the playoffs.

The hard thing about predictions for the playoffs is its all depends on what other teams do, plus the selection of the 4 teams is very political. Just look at this past season with Ohio State, Jim Delaney wasn't going to allow the Big10 champion to be left out of the playoffs. That's why Ohio State jumped TCU and Baylor it had nothing to do with the public statement.

Apr 27, 2015, 10:21 PM

Nc St was a far better team at the end of the season than the one we beat. They will be much improved in 2015 and they play very well at home. They have a incoming freshman running back that is very close to the talent of Nick Chubb at UGA.

Really?

Apr 27, 2015, 10:25 PM

They lost to every legitimate team they played after us. The only reason they went bowling is the fact they went into conference play undefeated after beating up a bunch of tomato cans in the OOC.

Re: Really?

Apr 27, 2015, 10:57 PM

They closed the season by winning three straight games with a win over a very good UCF team in the bowl game. I'm just saying if you think we're going to walk into Carter Finley and beat them 41 to 0 again you'll be very disappointed. State will play us very tough in Raleigh.

I am already on record picking NCST as

Apr 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

the road game people are going to freak out the most about....41-0? Probably not, but we will be fine if Number 4 is on the field.

Central Florida wasn't "very good" last year

Apr 27, 2015, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Really? ]

"Very good" teams don't give horrible teams like UConn their only FBS win.

I don't think we are going to beat them 41-0, but unless the five OL they signed, four of them that report this summer, come in and play lights out it doesn't matter who they are handing the ball off to. Unless they find a DL and some DBs they better hope that this RB who is supposed to be so great can hit a home run every time he touches the ball because as it stands they aren't going to stop us all that much.

Re: Central Florida wasn't "very good" last year

Apr 27, 2015, 11:23 PM

We'll agree to disagree on Nc St. I think they'll be much improved from last year's 8 and 5 season.

we will score more than 41

Apr 28, 2015, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Really? ]

THAT will happen

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If we were to go 12-1 and win the ACC this year ]

the talent of a running back can only go so far without an o-line blocking. I think we have all witnessed that in recent years....

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 10:39 PM

We've haven't had a power running back this talented since Flagler. NC St will be a test next year.

I am still of the belief that unless the ACC

Apr 27, 2015, 10:30 PM

makes major strides in perception, a one loss ACC team isn't getting in that playoff....people didn't want an undefeated defending National Champ in this past year. I can't imagine us having any loss that would be deemed acceptable to still get in. Perfection or bust.

Re: I am still of the belief that unless the ACC

Apr 27, 2015, 10:37 PM

That was based on how they played not Thst they were undefeated. They trailed in the 2nd half to almost everyone they played. FSU just wasn't anywhere near as talented in 2014 as they were in 2013. The 2013 would have been ranked #1 last year anyone could see they had the most talent.

Well, to add to your point and bolster mine,

Apr 27, 2015, 10:42 PM

something else that hurt them was the perception of those said games they trailed in were to crappy ACC teams. If that perception doesn't change that the ACC is a two team conference and an upstart GT team, one loss will finish us.

Re: Well, to add to your point and bolster mine,

Apr 27, 2015, 10:53 PM

Yes, but if they'd been blowing those teams out there would have been no questions asked about FSU. Everyone could see they weren't nearly as talented as the year before. Just look at our game with them, if CJ Davidson doesn't fumble we win that game. They had several other games were their open gave them the game.

The ACC has a lot of momentum going into next season with the ACC closing out the regular season 4 and 0 verse the SEC. Then GaTech killing Miss State and Clemson beating Okla. The ACC has lots of early big games to continue the upward swing.

I would argue the victory over us was

Apr 27, 2015, 10:59 PM

a demonstration that FSU wasn't as bad as people made them out to be. Winston didn't play and they still beat us. Some people saw that as a big win. I would also argue the Davidson fumble was one of several let downs that game.

Re: I would argue the victory over us was

Apr 27, 2015, 11:08 PM

I didn't say they were bad, I said they weren't nearly as talented as the previous season.

All of the analysist kept comparing them to the 2013 FSU team and it wasn't even close talent wise.

My main point is it wasn't the ACC that caused them to drop in the polls it was their play on the field and the obvious drop off in talent from 2013. The 2013 team wouldn't have dropped in the polls because everyone could see how talented they were, and the ACC had no effect on that opinion.

Re: I would argue the victory over us was

Apr 28, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to I would argue the victory over us was ]

I agree that the ACC is perceived as a 2 horse sideshow and the Big10, PAC12 and certainly the SEC are perceived to be way ahead of the ACC. If we are to become an elite program, it will be despite of our membership in the ACC, in my opinion. We will have to be "head and shoulders" above every other team to get the chance to ever be in the CFB playoff. It's going to be difficult but I believe we can prove everybody wrong and win another NC. If the possibility had ever existed in the last few years for Clemson to leave the ACC, I wished we had done it. Commissioner Swofford and the ACC, in general, have always looked at us as "those cheaters from SC" stemming from the early 80's where they added 1 more year of probation. In contrast, the ACC refuses to even consider making a statement against UNCheat let alone punishing a 20+ year academic fraud. Other than mediocre TV contract $$ ( which SEC, Big10, PAC12 make much more) I see little benefit in ACC membership. I wish York Tiger had been correct in his belief we were headed to the Big 12, they might have actually appreciated us as a member.

Depends on other circumstances...

Apr 27, 2015, 11:28 PM [ in reply to I am still of the belief that unless the ACC ]

If a 9-3 team beats a 10-2 team in the SEC champ game, do you think they take a spot over a 12-1 Clemson team. There would still have to be an obvious bias towards the SEC for that to happen.

Just remember, the team that was on the fringe of getting left out of the playoffs beat Bama and went on to win the NC. No way a one loss Clemson team gets left out unless there are other undefeated or one loss teams out there...

Agree to disagree

Apr 28, 2015, 12:28 AM

It will take a whole lotta things in our favor for one loss to still get us in. A ton...

Please link the "poll" that showed people didn't want FSU

Apr 27, 2015, 11:58 PM [ in reply to I am still of the belief that unless the ACC ]

in the playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't remember people saying they

Apr 28, 2015, 12:26 AM

weren't a Top 4 team and shouldn't be in it? It was a daily occurrence here, CFB Daily, other talking heads, etc etc...

Nope, I don't. I remember people saying they shouldn't be

Apr 28, 2015, 8:30 AM

#1, but everyone that I heard talking about it said they deserve to be in. You're confusing not wanting them at #1 or #2 with not wanting them in at all.

Ohio state lost to Va Tech and still made the playoff.

Apr 28, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to I am still of the belief that unless the ACC ]

And the big 10 is considered a weaker conference that the ACC.

So I think if we lose one game (let's say Louisville on a Thursday night on the road.) then we would still make the playoff if we won the rest.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubtful....

Apr 28, 2015, 11:28 AM

The powers that be aren't going to bat for us like they would THE Ohio St. and Urban Meyer.

It would need to be to out Coastal foe ...

Apr 27, 2015, 10:31 PM

either GTech or Miami, and that foe would then need to be the team we'd face in the title game. That would allow us to avenge the only loss and reach the Semifinals.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would only make us even, not better.

Apr 27, 2015, 10:34 PM

We would have to destroy them, like annhilation.

It would greatly depend on the records of other top teams.

Apr 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

If Bama, Oregon and OhSt are all 12-1, and TCU or Baylor is 12-0, we would likely be left out.We need to hope for at least one of the other conference winners to have two losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 11:16 PM

Our off Saturday, and it wasn't actually a loss, it was a tie!!! See what I did there, right!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds bad, but Notre Dame.

Apr 28, 2015, 8:20 AM

Why?

- they're expected to be a top 15 team, and if they get through the first part of their schedule with 3 wins (vs Texas, @UVA, vs GT, vs UMass) they will possibly be in the top 10

- it's a non-conference game

- it's early in the season. I realize this isn't as critical now as it was in the BCS era, but it's still important. It also gives us lots of time to regroup.

I think the next-best choice is Miami. Losing to Georgia Tech would be very damaging IMO. Even if we got revenge in the ACCCG, I think it would fire up critics with the "weak ACC" argument again that even the best 2 teams are beatable.

I would hate to see us lose to Notre Dame but if we HAVE to lose one game...

You may be right about perception of losing to Ga Tech

Apr 28, 2015, 8:28 AM

But given their bowl victory last year, their history, I think that would be an unfair perception

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not so much the perception of losing to them

Apr 28, 2015, 10:59 AM

As it is that we'd have lost to them 2 years in a row. Plus it would be a home conference loss.

Ga tech, but we beat them in ACC champ game for revenge***

Apr 28, 2015, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because of what FSU did LAST year

Apr 28, 2015, 9:03 AM

the ACC Champ will have to be undefeated to make the play off. The same for the PAC 12.

really depends on what other teams records are

Apr 28, 2015, 9:49 AM

And how many 0-1 loss teams there are. It depends on how bad the 1 loss is...play good and lose on a fluke vs get dominated. Depends on record of team that beat you.

A whole lot of variables.

I live an hour away...

Apr 28, 2015, 11:38 AM

I dont want to lose that one.

I would rather lose a spelling bee to a UNC student than lose that one.

Re: I live an hour away...

Apr 28, 2015, 11:44 AM

must be todays society but it boggles my mind that anyone would sit around and even think about who you would rather lose to. there are more glass half empty people around today than ever before. when i see the schedule i think of the things we will do to beat every opponent. we are always going to be 15-0 in my mind and if we lose one the prediction goes to 14-1. not gonna apologize for being positive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am with you

Apr 28, 2015, 1:51 PM

I would rather see a post that says if we are 13-0, how many of you are going to the 2 playoff games ?

Re: I live an hour away...

Apr 28, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I live an hour away... ]

Just a hypothetical post Mr. Positive. And if we did go 13-1 you would love it no matter if we ended up in the playoffs or in a major bowl.

Tigers Will Not

Apr 28, 2015, 1:36 PM

lose to the f'n redneck pack. period. that rb dropped like a stone in eval during rivals combines. schools laid off of him for that reason. if he gets better, so be it. but I'm not worried about those punks. they'd have to score 40 or 50 - not gonna happen

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

^^^^ what he said ^^^

Apr 28, 2015, 1:52 PM

The End

App State***

Apr 28, 2015, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic