Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For what it's worth....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,727

For what it's worth....

Apr 27, 2015, 8:41 PM

Bleacher Report had an article about the rising and falling "fortunes" of CFB teams post spring practice. Our fortunes have fallen due to our lack of depth on defense. They also state we will be 11-2, beat FSU and win the ACC but 2 losses during the season so we just miss the playoffs. Sounds like they don't have a lot of confidence in our Tigers! I believe we will prove them wrong! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I can see where they are coming from….

Apr 27, 2015, 8:59 PM

If Nick Schuessler is carving up our defense like he's the second coming of Tahj Boyd, it's probably a bad sign. I like to keep my orange glasses on, and say wow, how Schuessler has improved in a few months. It's a miracle. IMO, this will be like 2012 again. One of the best Offenses in the land, but an opportunistic Defense with the tendency to give up the big play. Eventually, you will run into a buzz saw with a team like that. So, 10-2 seems legit, as long as FSU, and USUC are included in our win column.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, I can see where they are coming from….

Apr 27, 2015, 10:31 PM

You do realize it's spring practice? The defense is limited on what they can run from a scheme stand point, no real blitzing. Plus the coaches spend most of their time getting the underclassmen ready.

You also can't get three QB ready once the season starts for every game, you only have 20 hours a week to prepare a team and play a game. So the 3rd team QB is going to get zero reps with the 1st team during practice.

Valid points

Apr 27, 2015, 10:46 PM

But after the spring game last year, you could tell the offense would be the weak point and the defense would be dominant. You can tell a lot by the spring practices.

Re: Valid points

Apr 27, 2015, 11:15 PM

That's true and we'll be one of the most dynamic offensive teams in the country this year. Defensively we will have a very talented starting D. We will be very deep in the back four and at LB. The front four right now is only 3 deep at DT and DE, hopefully we'll find two more at each position in the fall.

Re: Well, I can see where they are coming from….

Apr 27, 2015, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Well, I can see where they are coming from…. ]

> If Nick Schuessler is carving up our defense like
> he's the second coming of Tahj Boyd, it's probably a
> bad sign. I like to keep my orange glasses on, and
> say wow, how Schuessler has improved in a few months.
> It's a miracle. IMO, this will be like 2012 again.
> . One of the best Offenses in the land, but an
> opportunistic Defense with the tendency to give up
> the big play. Eventually, you will run into a buzz
> saw with a team like that. So, 10-2 seems legit, as
> long as FSU, and USUC are included in our win column.

May I remind everyone that Nick Scheussler actually played during the Spring Game last season... If you will notice Sheussler's numbers last Spring they were higher than Stoudt and Kelly combined. What he lacked the most was arm strength and you can fix that easily in training and in the gym. His accuracy and release was phenomenal to say the least. He is not a scrambler though and cannot seem to move the chains on 3rd and short like Boyd or Watson could. This is why he didn't play last season. Stoudt got the position because he was a Senior and that is the bottom line. As you can see, Nick Sheussler's arm strength was comparable to a Division 1 Starting QB during this Spring Game. Keep your orange sun glasses on my fellow tiger... You are seeing things as they should be.

Austin Bryant, Christian Wilkins, Albert Huggins.... 3 Headed Monster Coming to a Football Field Near You.. Trust me on this... Our secondary has depth for days, as well as our line backer corps. It is primarily the DE and DT that need the depth, but all they really have to do is get pressure and create chaos up front.. Just be violent and nasty all of the time and you will have a 70% chance of success on the D LINE

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

That you Stephen?

Apr 27, 2015, 9:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY

Re: For what it's worth....

Apr 27, 2015, 9:50 PM

It was spring practice with split squads so you cannot make any judgements. Our first team will be solid, but we need to develop some depth quickly. Hoping Fields and Wilkins can come in and contribute immediately.

Top 35 defense which will definitely be enough to get to 10 wins.

Well, It's Bleacher Report

Apr 27, 2015, 10:33 PM

so it's not worth much.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,727
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic