Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Opening Weekend Slate - Thoughts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

CFB Opening Weekend Slate - Thoughts?

Apr 27, 2015, 12:52 PM

There are some pretty good matchups for Week 1. These neutral site opening games seem to be catching on in popularity. Wonder what time slot our game with Wofford ends up with, probably a 1:00 or 3:30 kick? An early kick might get us more exposure with the so many good Prime Time match ups.

Thursday:
USuC vs UNC (Charlotte)

Saturday:
Louisville vs Auburn (Chic Fil A Kickoff - Atlanta, GA)
Wisconsin vs Alabama (Cowboy Classic - Dallas, TX)
Arizona State vs Texas A&M (Texas Kickoff - Houston, TX)

less interesting but still noteworthy:

Texas @ Notre Dame
BYU @ Nebraska
Virginia @ UCLA

Monday:
Ohio State @ Virgina Tech

ACC Week 1 Games:

Thursday Night:
TBD Alcorn State @ Georgia Tech
TBD Elon @ Wake Forest
TBD South Carolina vs. North Carolina*
9:30 PM Duke @ Tulane

Saturday:
TBD Louisville vs. Auburn*
TBD Maine @ Boston College
TBD Wofford @ Clemson
TBD Texas State @ Florida State
TBD Bethune-Cookman @ Miami (FL)
TBD Troy @ NC State
TBD Youngstown State @ Pittsburgh
TBD Rhode Island @ Syracuse
TBD Virginia @ UCLA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

hope Texas puts 2700 on notre dame***

Apr 27, 2015, 12:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Not I... I hope for the opposite and ND

Apr 27, 2015, 1:21 PM

Rolls UT, then UVA, GT and Umass before coming to Death Valley. ND is always grossly overranked so let them get a few decent wins to start the season and sky rocket in the poll before reality sets in and they get steamrolled in Death Valley. The high the rsnking they have, the better it looks for us... Just my .02.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not I... I hope for the opposite and ND

Apr 27, 2015, 2:02 PM

> Rolls UT, then UVA, GT and Umass before coming to
> Death Valley. ND is always grossly overranked so let
> them get a few decent wins to start the season and
> sky rocket in the poll before reality sets in and
> they get steamrolled in Death Valley. The high the
> rsnking they have, the better it looks for us... Just
> my .02.

Interesting. I expect the ND/Clemson game to be a close and hard fought contest. My guess is that Clemson will be about a 7 point favorite going in. Clemson may well beat ND. Steamroll? I don't think so.

Notre Dame will have a good 10 win team this year...

Apr 28, 2015, 5:04 AM

But I assume the steamroll comment is more of an allusion to beating an undefeated Notre Dame team no mater what the score.

Re: Notre Dame will have a good 10 win team this year...

Apr 28, 2015, 10:18 AM

> But I assume the steamroll comment is more of an
> allusion to beating an undefeated Notre Dame team no
> mater what the score.

I think ND will be much improved over last year. Clemson will certainly be favored, but I still expect a close game. Looking forward to tailgating down your way.

unlike mOst here, nd is the only team I hope loses every contest

Apr 27, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Not I... I hope for the opposite and ND ]

most tiger fans would say south CarOlina, but I despise nd more than scu and I'll tell you why just to prove I'm not such a hard guy.

South Carolina may go around claiming sec dominance based off a conference but at least they realize they need a conference.

Nd thinks they are bigger than football.

I'll be the 1st to admit that the nd deal was good for the acc but that doesn't mean IM going to start rooting for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

nope.......ND over coots......al & jesse over coots***

Apr 27, 2015, 10:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unlike mOst here, nd is the only team I hope loses every contest

Apr 27, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Not I... I hope for the opposite and ND ]

most tiger fans would say south CarOlina, but I despise nd more than scu and I'll tell you why just to prove I'm not such a hard guy.

South Carolina may go around claiming sec dominance based off a conference but at least they realize they need a conference.

Nd thinks they are bigger than football.

I'll be the 1st to admit that the nd deal was good for the acc but that doesn't mean IM going to start rooting for them.

Re: unlike mOst here, nd is the only team I hope loses every contest

Apr 27, 2015, 3:24 PM

Did he just call my prejudices PETTY ?

I need a juice box and a time-out . I was straining a lot while reading his post and I may have blown an o-ring .

DB23

Re: hope Texas puts 2700 on notre dame***

Apr 27, 2015, 1:55 PM [ in reply to hope Texas puts 2700 on notre dame*** ]

If you people had your heads screwed on straight, you would ALWAYS pull for any team on our schedule (ACC or not)to win their games. That is what enhances our strength of schedule in the eyes of the committee, and improves our chances to make the play-offs. Lose your petty prejudices and pull for what's best for the CLEMSON TIGERS.

how about the people with their heads screwed on straight

Apr 27, 2015, 2:10 PM

that realize "screaming at the tele" won't skew the outcome a single point either way?

how about them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than throwing my drink through it....***

Apr 28, 2015, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no doubt, i'd hate to waste the alkyhawls.***

Apr 28, 2015, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've read this before and I'll say now what I said then

Apr 27, 2015, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: hope Texas puts 2700 on notre dame*** ]

Poppycock. ...

The day Clemson is undefeated, acc champs, and gets left out of the playoffs is the day I'll worry about SOS.
Until then. . Just beat the people on your schedule. Don't worry about everyone else.

I'll be heading out on 'safari'....***

Apr 28, 2015, 2:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hope Texas puts 2700 on notre dame***

Apr 27, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: hope Texas puts 2700 on notre dame*** ]

> If you people had your heads screwed on straight, you
> would ALWAYS pull for any team on our schedule (ACC
> or not)to win their games. That is what enhances our
> strength of schedule in the eyes of the committee,
> and improves our chances to make the play-offs. Lose
> your petty prejudices and pull for what's best for
> the CLEMSON TIGERS.

Couldn't agree more. I'm pulling for every team we play. SOS is a way big deal for the NFC committee. So what if we go undefeated against a slate of 6-7 teams, no way we make the playoff. I'm pulling for everyone we play (changes the karma somehow). I won't every team we play to go undefeated by everyone but us. Coming from the ACC THAT is the only way we make it to the dance.

And while I'm at it whoever's booking the Akron's and Wofford's of the world needs to wake up and smell the playoff committee!

Go Tigers!

Usually I root for all ACC teams to lose except for Clemson

Apr 27, 2015, 1:01 PM

but looking at that lineup, I will be rooting for UNCheat to win as well.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Glad to see you're starting to come around, gwp.

Apr 27, 2015, 1:24 PM

I bet bob will be all decked out in his dook and uscjr gear watching that game though

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

unc & cu do have a lot in common...

Apr 27, 2015, 1:28 PM

dean smith & brownlee could both hold jordan under 20.

To be fair though

Apr 27, 2015, 1:30 PM

Jordan Roper didn't really start to come on until the end of the year

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

fair point, with a little luck & the green light from bb

Apr 27, 2015, 1:38 PM

he might top 8 or 9 per game.

that's if thebrad is feeling it.

Re: fair point, with a little luck & the green light from bb

Apr 27, 2015, 1:41 PM

DO YOU GUYS SOMEHOW GET YOUR ROCKS OFF AND MAKE YOURSELF BE BADASSES BY TALKING TRASH ABOUT ALL OF CLEMSONS COACHES. GUARANTEE YOU WERE DOING THE SAME THING TO DABO AFTER THE BELK BOWL.

do you get smarter later in the day? if so...

Apr 27, 2015, 1:42 PM

mind coming back then?

Re: fair point, with a little luck & the green light from bb

Apr 27, 2015, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: fair point, with a little luck & the green light from bb ]

go to walmart and get your meds old man. and find someone to help you remember to take them. why do you try to defend every coach you can?

Definitely will be pulling for UNC

Apr 27, 2015, 1:32 PM

Although there really are no "winners" from that game. Looking at these 3:

Louisville vs Auburn (Chic Fil A Kickoff - Atlanta, GA)
Wisconsin vs Alabama (Cowboy Classic - Dallas, TX)
Arizona State vs Texas A&M (Texas Kickoff - Houston, TX)

Any guesses as to how close those matchups will be? Hate to see the SEC go 3-0 but it looks like they would have the upper hand here.

Auburn and Bama are probably fairly substantial

Apr 27, 2015, 1:40 PM

favorites, but the A&M vs ASU game could be really interesting. I'm not sure the Aggies have a clear advantage aside from essentially having home field.

$CU is listed as a 7 point favorite....

Apr 27, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Definitely will be pulling for UNC ]

but frankly I don't see it. UNC returns nearly the entire offense from last year including a QB that was the ACC's 2014 total offensive leader and while the $CU defense will be imporoved they will not be significantly better IMO. This is a game UNC absolutely can and should win, and I think they will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I can see it. unc students have a reputation for playing hookie

Apr 27, 2015, 2:18 PM

Maybe Vegas thinks they won't show up.

the game is in Charlotte***

Apr 27, 2015, 3:10 PM

Best Is The Standard

Re: Definitely will be pulling for UNC

Apr 27, 2015, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Definitely will be pulling for UNC ]

I'll pull for UNCheat too and then need a long, hot shower afterwards to cleanse myself. This is the only situation where I can ever pull for Chapel Hill. Ever.

go heels!

Apr 27, 2015, 1:36 PM

but there's a lot of unluving on both sides of that slate.

it seems almost all my most unfavorites are playing... nd, vpi, awbarn, scar; it's a veritable who's who of sirius not like.

it is a pretty darn good line up for week one.

BYU winning at Nebraska wouldve been fun had Pelini

Apr 27, 2015, 1:36 PM

not been fired.

Other thoughts:

-We will get to see right away what Louisville is going to bring to the table this year. I expect to see some decline in their defense, they lost some really good players, and it's also year 2 without Strong. I think it's probably just a matter of time before Petrino gets that offense going, but he's gonna have to get much better play out of his QBs this year, and they no longer have Devonte Parker to throw to, and that's a really significant loss.

-Bama is not a good matchup for Wisconsin - at least I don't think they are. Pretty much nobody has been able to line up and run it down Bama's throat, and that's really all Wisconsin does offensively. Big props to Wisconsin if they are able to have success with that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

-Over/Under on the ASU vs TAMU game? This can't be what John Chavis wanted in his first game as DC taking over what has been one of the worst Power 5 defenses in the country the last 2 seasons. This is one of those games where I wouldn't be surprised if both teams broke 40.

B of A Stadium half full of Tar hole blue,

Apr 27, 2015, 2:05 PM

Half full of garnet and black. I may throw up

If there ever was a good time

Apr 27, 2015, 3:10 PM

for an airliner to dump it's poop tanks while flying over something that would be it.

it would make more sense

Apr 28, 2015, 2:45 PM

for an armada of poop scooping trucks to set up outside the stadium and stuck up the holes and coots as
they come by. Agree?

Interesting to get a look at the Louisville vs. Auburn game

Apr 27, 2015, 2:50 PM

Will tell us something about both teams' defenses and also a look at Auburn's junior starting QB.

Notre Dame is another one I want to get an early look at since we play them after Louisville.

Yes, i saw they ranked AU's QB #3 in the conference

Apr 27, 2015, 3:48 PM

and he has not started a game there. That's a lot of hype

Best Is The Standard

Will be interesting to see if ND is for real

Apr 27, 2015, 4:04 PM

they have like 19 out of 22 starters back. If they wipe the floor with Texas then they'll be a challenge coming into the Valley.

Wife ain't gonna like lack of effort I put into yard work!

Apr 27, 2015, 9:39 PM

I may not leave the couch the whole weekend (other than to go to kitchen and make another bourbon or open another PBR).

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic