Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just don't get this team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,257

I just don't get this team.

Apr 25, 2015, 10:33 PM

one day they are just painful to watch then the next day they are beating someones brains in. But I do think the new lineup changes have helped out a ton. and I hate this expression, but we ARE young. we will lose Crownover this year, but because we have some young guys in the rotation I feel pretty confident about our future. But hey baseball is a weird game. GO TIGERS!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just don't get this team.

Apr 25, 2015, 11:14 PM

I agree. They are a Jekyll-Hyde team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2015, 2:03 AM

Just to say, and I may have said the same in some earlier post once upon a time, but Baseball is the greatest game God ever invented, and as one of its greatest exponents said so accurately, "it ain't over til it's over!" and anything can happen. Under the circumstances, consistency is hard to both measure, and judge. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lack of fundamental execution....

Apr 26, 2015, 11:34 AM

it's the thing in baseball that either provides or denies consistency.

IT is the thing that made the USUCK back-to-back so remarkable (sometimes you simply have to stand back and appreciate something, even when you don't want to, and I mean really, really don't want to).

But we've been bad at it now for several years - consistently bad base running, consistently bad execution of hitting with less than two outs and RISP, consistently bad in fielding, consistently worse than other teams in overcoming late-game deficits.

Those are things that cannot be denied. They are fact.

And the fact that they keep recurring now should be no surprise to anyone except the ostriches.

I agree

Apr 26, 2015, 3:42 PM

but once again, and I hate this expression, we are young. during usucks back to back they had all juniors and seniors. who all happened to be great players. I personally can't wait to see what rohlman, wilson, and okey can do in the next year or two. just look at our lineup. it is going to be pretty good for the next few years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the painful part is the coaching***

Apr 26, 2015, 4:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2015, 4:09 PM

Jack almost has this team over the hump!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,257
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic