Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical here...unless the baseball team pulls off a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,109

Hypothetical here...unless the baseball team pulls off a

Apr 25, 2015, 12:24 PM

semi-miraculous turnaround to end the season and if there is then no change in the head coaching position in the offseason, does D-Rad then become put on the "hot seat"? At least somewhat?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he would just jump to another school that wants to build a bunch of stuff**

Apr 25, 2015, 12:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Drad at Clemson to taise funds and spend........period!

Apr 25, 2015, 7:06 PM

If we coach well and win so much the better. He doesn't have much of a track
record in the hiring area.

Re: Hypothetical here...unless the baseball team pulls off a

Apr 25, 2015, 12:29 PM

As much as I hate to say it, Jack is not going anywhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if you are right, why would there be no accountability

Apr 25, 2015, 12:32 PM

at the Athletic Director level?

Re: Well, if you are right, why would there be no accountability

Apr 25, 2015, 12:36 PM

Because Baseball is not that important to them and doesn't make MONEY. Simple as that

Re: Well, if you are right, why would there be no accountability

Apr 25, 2015, 1:44 PM

But I'm absolutely SURE they would like to see the baseball program paying for its self!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2015, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Hypothetical here...unless the baseball team pulls off a ]

I don't believe that. The last thing DRat wants is to look at the Baseball field with us playing usuc and only see 9 Clemson fans in the stands.

Does DRad go to baseball games?***

Apr 25, 2015, 1:55 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Does DRad go to baseball games?***

Apr 25, 2015, 2:36 PM

you must not or you would know the answer to that question. i have been to several so i know that answer.

Think I'll just hop on over tomorrow then.***

Apr 25, 2015, 6:40 PM

Depends on what leadership wants from program...

Apr 25, 2015, 12:49 PM

That scenario playing out after a further decline in the baseball results without DR being on a very hot seat or dismissed would send a message that there is no priority or commitment to being a championship program in baseball anymore. Really a sad situation how far that the leadership of the AD and University along with head coach have let it slip in the past 5-8 years.

Has the Baseball Operations Center been completed yet?

Apr 25, 2015, 12:55 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has the Baseball Operations Center been completed yet?

Apr 25, 2015, 1:15 PM

I believe D-Rad will ask Leggett to retire and he will refuse. So he will return for his final contract year next year and the attendance will be horrendous. I don't D-Rad has the nads to remove him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has the Baseball Operations Center been completed yet?

Apr 25, 2015, 1:50 PM

Hey he may not have the nuts as you suggest. But if he doesn't, he will walk around with them feeling like he just got kicked in them from the way he will be thought of and treated by Clemson Nation. He would much rather hurt Jack's feeling than bruised balls from TN.

Drad answers to someone too***

Apr 25, 2015, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Has the Baseball Operations Center been completed yet? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2015, 1:37 PM

I think that DRat put himself on the hot seat last year when he didn't demand Jack to replace Pepicelli or he would replace them both, just like TDP done with TB....

Apr 25, 2015, 1:42 PM

If Leggett is back next year,DRad needs to be shown the door. There is no excuse for the #### show that happens game after game. Base running is worse than little league style,and Leggett is beyond pathetic as 3rd base coach.

Re: That, sir,is the truth.***

Apr 25, 2015, 3:36 PM

Apr 25, 2015, 5:15 PM

seriously - if you are the new AD at CLEMSON, would you really come in and fire a legendary coach like Jack within the first 2-3 years - even if we lost every game??? Really??? If that is your logic, then you would never have made it to the AD position to begin with. Big companies do not like that approach and neither would CLEMSON allow that to happen. Reality would be that D-Rad gets fired before CLEMSON allows him to recommend firing Jack.

If your company works differently, then you might had better get your resume polished up 'cause you're gonna need it soon.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,109
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic