Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Alabama over the past two seasons...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,363

Clemson vs Alabama over the past two seasons...

Apr 25, 2015, 9:21 AM

No we haven't played Bama, but we have played the same two teams over our past two bowls that Bama has played. Our past two bowls, we are 2-0 against OSU and OU. Bama is 0-2 against OSU and OU, over their past two bowls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though***

Apr 25, 2015, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though***

Apr 25, 2015, 9:33 AM

No I wouldn't say WAY different , they were both just one season removed. OSU played with a different QB and OK played us with a better RB .
I think our style on offense is more difficult to prepare for than Bama's , and I think we jist played outstanding defensively against those two .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Ohio State better at QB, RB, OL, and the whole D was much

Apr 25, 2015, 10:05 AM

better. OU wasn't a lot worse than the year before but they weren't as good for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio State better at QB, RB, OL, and the whole D was much

Apr 25, 2015, 11:06 AM

Ohio state was better at QB??? Weren't they using their third string QB who was making his 2nd start against Bama?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and the crazy thing is, he was considering going into

Apr 25, 2015, 11:17 AM

the draft. He's very similar to Cam Newton...powerful arm. OSU is STACKED at QB.

Much better. They wouldn't have won NC without him, IMO***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio State better at QB, RB, OL, and the whole D was much ]

Carlos Hyde was a better RB overall due to experience.***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Ohio State better at QB, RB, OL, and the whole D was much ]

Apr 25, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Ohio State better at QB, RB, OL, and the whole D was much ]

Hard for me to believe that they were better across the board after losing Miller, Hyde (who is making waves in the league) shazier, Roby and I believe had 4 out of 5 OL drafted. Was the #4 Ohio state that snuck into the playoffs and won that much better than the #7 Ohio State that was supposed to blow us out in the Orange Bowl last year.

Apr 25, 2015, 4:48 PM

Yes , I agree .

With whoever agrees with me.

Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The fact is, Alabama is and has been an elite program under

Apr 25, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though*** ]

Saban, BUT we have come a long, long way since they man-handled us in the season opener a few years back. They certainly have earned respect, but we are now fully capable of competing head-to-head with Bama on the field, and it would be absurd to look at them with starstruck awe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not really***

Apr 25, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though*** ]

i agree with the tugboat captain***

Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on***

Apr 25, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Not really*** ]

You're right--we beat OSU with their starting QB

Apr 25, 2015, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though*** ]

And OU was preseason top 5 based on who they had coming back from the team that beat Bama.

LOL***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:21 AM

Yeah, the Ohio State team that we played was better.

Apr 25, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though*** ]

No Carlos Hyde. No Braxton Miller. That's weak sauce. Just like the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Good one***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:21 AM

No - somewhat different but very similar in capability***

Apr 25, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Waaaay different OSU and OU teams though*** ]

Re: Clemson vs Alabama over the past two seasons...

Apr 25, 2015, 9:37 AM

Coot logic

no that's what you used in a response in another thread***

Apr 25, 2015, 9:41 AM

Apr 25, 2015, 9:51 AM

And what is our record against Alabama the last two times we played?

we are undefeated against Alabama with Dabo as head coach.***

Apr 25, 2015, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 25, 2015, 10:11 AM

As long as Tajh or DW were at QB Bama couldn't hang with us on the scoreboard the past 2 years and last year they wouldn't have been able to score 10 points on our D with Blake Simms at QB.

Apr 25, 2015, 10:16 AM

But Ohio st has a natty and Bama a play- off and top 5 finish. We could not score 20 pts in about half our games last season.

yes, a healthy DW is key.***

Apr 25, 2015, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: yes, a healthy DW is key.***

Apr 25, 2015, 12:21 PM

For sure that was the difference.
I watched DW go down right in front of me in Atlanta. The Tigers were kicking GTs ### till Cole came in. His first pass was a pick 6 and the game was over.

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic