Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FIRE CANCER!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,010

FIRE CANCER!!!

Apr 25, 2015, 12:48 AM

ClemsonSCTiger, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Larry, and prayers are being said for Noreen & family.

Thoughts and prayers are with all who are affected in any way by the many manifestations of this horrible disease.

<'///><~~~<3

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll second that .....

Apr 25, 2015, 1:07 AM

probably like many folks on Tigernet, I too saw the segment on "60 Minutes" about the terrific progress being made on cancer research at Duke. 50 years of vapid promises, laetrile hoaxes, and general bad info has made me as cynical as everyone else, but this segment was most encouraging on a common sense level. In a nutshell (cause I'm not the best at the science end of the disease, though gawd knows I should be by now), Duke researchers injected the polio disease into several malignant tumors, and soon, the immune systems of each individual in the project (save one, I believe) attacked the cancerous tumor believing it to be polio. Apparently, cancer cells can somehow make a body's immune system believe nothing is wrong....at least until its too late. Anyhow, as I said, the results have been extraordinary enough so that they've asked the FDA permission to skip some steps in the research process....

I doubt there exists a family in the US that has been exempt from the ravages of cancer in one of its many forms. Hopefully, this most recent advance.....and there have been many in the treatment and detection of cancer over the decades....will speed up the discovery of a cure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Pharma says "No."***

Apr 25, 2015, 1:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Pharma wouldn't win that fight.***

Apr 25, 2015, 8:24 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,010
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic