Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 Florida State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,026

2015 Florida State

Apr 20, 2015, 4:23 PM

Preseason ranked in the top 10 with all they lost! Give me a break., This year it's payback time at Death Valley and should we do as I expect, I hope Dabo does not stop AT ALL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't have a QB and lost almost as much on D as us

Apr 20, 2015, 4:41 PM

Also their OL will take a hit and they need to find a No.1 WR now that Greene is gone.

Re: They don't have a QB and lost almost as much on D as us

Apr 20, 2015, 4:44 PM

And that is exactly why it is a total joke to have them ranked in/near the Top Ten in any poll.

They are on the same hype machine SC was on last year

Apr 20, 2015, 4:49 PM

and we all know how that worked out for the coots. You can't lose a heisman QB, top WR, starting OL men, and a majority of the experience on your D and not go through struggled. He saw that last year when we lost Tajh, Sammy, Bryant, etc on the offense. It took a while to get the talented young guys used to being the No.1 and 2 target instead of the No.3 or 4 target.

Re: They don't have a QB and lost almost as much on D as us

Apr 20, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to They don't have a QB and lost almost as much on D as us ]

Don't forget O'Leary. Glad he is gone.

They have the QB that beat us in '14***

Apr 20, 2015, 7:47 PM [ in reply to They don't have a QB and lost almost as much on D as us ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2015 Florida State

Apr 20, 2015, 5:04 PM

They have a lot to replace but they have finished top 3-4 in the recruiting rankings for the past 5+ years. They won't have to face a serious opponent until mid-October, which should give them time to gel. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get 10+ wins this season.

I agree

Apr 20, 2015, 5:36 PM

Guys,

Don't fall for the same logic that people apply to us. It is interesting to see what a team loses from year-to-year, but it is more important to know what is returning. We lose a ton off of our defense this year, but we have a lot coming back. Our 2015 Tiger defense will not be as dominating as last year, but we all agree that this year's defense can be VERY good.

The same applies to FSU. Do you think that they will have talented receivers this year? I bet that they will! I don't know their names, but we can be certain that the talent is there. I accept the fact that bringing in a new QB is risky, but it has been done before. They did it two years ago. A new offensive line will be even tougher, so expect problems there. But, don't discount them. They are loaded with talent and are a potential Top 10 team. I think that we are also.

Re: I agree

Apr 20, 2015, 6:00 PM

Hate to say it but they will be just fine. 6'5 George Cambell is very, very talented along with true SO Ermon Lane. They have recruited just as well or better than we have. I'm just hoping our coaching and player development outweighs theirs. That's what it boils down to. Plus coming to "The Death Valley" gives us the upper hand. Nonetheless, I doubt anyone on their schedule outside of us gives them much of a test.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree

Apr 20, 2015, 6:46 PM

Don't forget Travis Rudolph. But their big question mark is behind center. Hell if it wasn't for one fall down in the secondary Maguire has less than 200 yards passing. But I will take out skilled positions over theirs. Yes Ermon Land and George Campbell are big targets but you have to get open first. Our secondary is going to be scary folks. And Mike, Artavis, Charone all got open against that defense last year and did damage. We just couldn't punch it in when it mattered most. I say we beat them like the last time when they came here with Trickett.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina was preseason #9 last year

Apr 20, 2015, 5:34 PM

Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing. In my opinion rankings shouldn't be released until Week 3.

Re: South Carolina was preseason #9 last year

Apr 20, 2015, 6:08 PM

if rankings don't mean anything, why are you worried about it then? those rankings are based on last year, and i would say they have played very well the last two years. they continue to recruit at a top 5 spot or better and remember they beat us with the freshman qb they had last year.

Re: South Carolina was preseason #9 last year

Apr 20, 2015, 9:32 PM

Exactly, I don't care about them but that's for people who get wrapped up in who is ranked where before the ball is even kicked off. I'm sorry though, I should've used another example. I know you and all of your USCjr friends are still a little sensitive about the fall from preseason #9 to 6-6 regular season you all had last year.

Link?***

Apr 20, 2015, 8:03 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic