Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
StiLL giggling thinking about how Clemson's #1 D manhandled Coots big bad SEC O!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,758

StiLL giggling thinking about how Clemson's #1 D manhandled Coots big bad SEC O!

Apr 17, 2015, 10:51 PM

It was a performance good enough to cruise to a 35-17 win. GoTiGERS..keep RocKing Team!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: StiLL giggling thinking about how Clemson's #1 D manhandled Coots big bad SEC O!

Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM

Man, that was man-up D. S. Carolina never knew what hit them. Loved it. We'll
have some fall-off this year, but next year should be right back in stride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: StiLL giggling thinking about how Clemson's #1 D manhandled Coots big bad SEC O!

Apr 18, 2015, 5:52 AM

I keep hearing we are going to "fall off", "take a step back" etc etc.

Our coaching is not taking a step back. As a matter of fact, our coaching is going to step up and coach up the young guys. Elliott and Scott are going to step up and find a way to use all this talent. Venables and staff are going to find a way to stop opposing offenses similar to last year. Two years ago, when we won the coin toss, we took the ball because our offense was strong. We will probably use that same strategy this year. Last year, we wanted to go on defense cause it was our strongest unit. This year I think we go back to wanting the ball first.

I believe the defense will be good again this year. Only games will tell us if they are going to be AS good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2015, 6:45 AM

Our D will find out quickly how good they can be , against Louisville on a Thursday night road game early in the season. That game , against a Petrino coached offense at home will tell the tape of what we have and who we are defensively , IMHO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 18, 2015, 11:50 AM

That's what killed us last year. Glad a lot of your guys graduated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

A lot of Steele recruited guys graduated,

Apr 18, 2015, 12:03 PM

while they were great, they're being replaced with played that have either been coached by Venables for 3 plus years or recruited by him to play in his Defense. Hard to stay number one, but the Drop Off won't be as much as some have hoped for. Besides, with the HUGE Drop Off in USuC's offense, the 3rd string will be enough come November.

Re: A lot of Steele recruited guys graduated,(CORRECTION)

Apr 18, 2015, 12:08 PM

while they were great, they're being replaced with players that have either been coached by Venables for 3 plus years or recruited by him to play in his Defense. Hard to stay number one, but the Drop Off won't be as much as some have hoped for. Besides, with the HUGE Drop Off in USuC's offense, the 3rd string will be enough come November.

We still have a lot of talent.

Apr 18, 2015, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: StiLL giggling thinking about how Clemson's #1 D manhandled Coots big bad SEC O! ]

Some guys are going to step up. I don't expect them to hold teams to 13 like last year. If our D can hold a team to less than 30 and DW is rolling along, we can win every game.

That being said. 2016 is gonna be our strongest year in a long time. Great O and great D.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These OLs aren't waiting for '16. They want it this year.***

Apr 18, 2015, 1:45 PM

null

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,758
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic