Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New to Forum/Area
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

New to Forum/Area

Apr 17, 2015, 11:26 AM

Hello All,

I am posting because I am new to the state and a huge college sports fan. I root first and foremost for my alma mater, CU (University of Colorado in this case), but am looking to adopt an in-state school as a second team to provide a local rooting interest as well.

I gravitate toward Clemson as that choice for a few reasons- conference affiliation (unable to cheer for SEC), caliber of University, and the fan base seems more my speed than USCarolina crew.

At any rate, I wanted to pop in and say hello and see if you folks have any pointers related to navigating the first steps in Tiger fandom. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New to Forum/Area***

Apr 17, 2015, 11:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm curious....

Apr 17, 2015, 11:29 AM

Why is the University of Colorado referred to as CU as opposed of U of C?

TIA in advance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm curious....

Apr 17, 2015, 11:36 AM

It goes back to the original Big 8 days (pre Big 12) before Colorado moved to the Pac12. All of the schools in Big 8 adopted the strategy- NU, KU, KSU etc..as a way to differentiate the schools from others around the country.

Re: I'm curious....

Apr 17, 2015, 12:48 PM

Welcome and good luck.

Re: New to Forum/Area

Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 AM

just stay away from this guy

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based upon your user image, I am guessing this is

Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 AM

you in your younger days, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Based upon your user image, I am guessing this is

Apr 17, 2015, 11:38 AM

he is my little brother..

<======my avatar is me when I was younger.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Based upon your user image, I am guessing this is ]

Confused...I just have the standard user image, didn't upload anything.

That comment was directed to tigerbalm

Apr 17, 2015, 11:57 AM

No worries.

BTW, you can go to your profile page and change it if you so desire -

Use the pull-down on the far right on the 'Front Page', 'Your Account' and choose 'Edit Profile"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 17, 2015, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Based upon your user image, I am guessing this is ]

You can't do a lot of things if you don't donate to the site. It is a free site, but donating offers some benefits that free users don't have....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: New to Forum/Area ]

That picture, combined with your insistence that I stay away, has piqued my interest to a point where your request is now impossible.

you're gonna fit right in here***

Apr 17, 2015, 11:50 AM

no way. . he spells to Gooder .***

Apr 17, 2015, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

he'll (I suppose a he, if not we need pics) learn soon

Apr 17, 2015, 11:55 AM

enough

Apr 17, 2015, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New to Forum/Area ]

We have a stand your ground law here in SC, it's very advisable to practice that law here on T-Net also, or you will get slaughtered on here. Some Tigers on here will attack before you ever hear a growl!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 11:33 AM

Welcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Let me be the first to say

Apr 17, 2015, 11:38 AM

Scoreboard. :)

And welcome, you made a good choice in adopted allegiance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8IIN076FI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember being there for that game.

Apr 17, 2015, 11:42 AM

Holly Rowe decided to run with Ralphie coming out from halftime. She fell all over the place. It wasn't shown on the broadcast.

Also, I sat right behind Trevor Adair. He cracked us up most of the game.

How did you tell which one was Holly

Apr 17, 2015, 11:46 AM

and which one was Ralphie?

Holly had a microphone.

Apr 17, 2015, 11:55 AM

And, the guys running with them weren't worried about her.

:)

Re: Let me be the first to say

Apr 17, 2015, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Let me be the first to say ]

Hey, I'm surprised we hung around that long. It's been a long and winding road back to respectability as a Buff fan. Not there yet, but the pieces finally seem like they are in place.

Welcome...you're obviously a smart and knowledgeable

Apr 17, 2015, 11:40 AM

fellow. Have you ever visited the campus? One visit and you'll know you picked the right school to pull for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome...you're obviously a smart and knowledgeable

Apr 17, 2015, 11:43 AM

I have not but it's certainly on the list come fall. I am looking forward to checking out a game or two.

smart and knowledgeable....that's why he gravitated towards

Apr 17, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Welcome...you're obviously a smart and knowledgeable ]

Clemson and not that other "university" in SC. Welcome to TigerNet, your life will never be the same...lol

Clemson don't need no bandwagon fans.

Apr 17, 2015, 11:44 AM

You can't be a real Clemson fan unless you are an alum anyway.

Do you have any Clemson men in your lineage? You might pass muster, if so.

Buff . . . Stay away from this one ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . . .

Apr 17, 2015, 11:48 AM

1. First step to being a great Tiger Fan

and

2. You will thank me later

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

HEY!! some of us have to start somewhere.....***

Apr 17, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Clemson don't need no bandwagon fans. ]

COOT***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Clemson don't need no bandwagon fans. ]

Welcome to Tigernet. If you are interested in the long term

Apr 17, 2015, 11:51 AM

consequences of smoking marijuana, stay here for a while and you will quickly identify the effected individuals.

well hurry up and pass it, you've bogarted it long enough***

Apr 17, 2015, 11:53 AM

Re: Welcome to Tigernet. If you are interested in the long term

Apr 17, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Welcome to Tigernet. If you are interested in the long term ]

You are a wise one leaning towards the Tigers. However, should you wish to inquire about the fans of that other school, you can find them under "A" in the dictionary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to Tigernet. If you are interested in the long term

Apr 17, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Welcome to Tigernet. If you are interested in the long term ]

I went to school in Boulder, I'm too familiar.

thanks for clarifying but we just assumed***

I'm from the springs

Apr 17, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to Tigernet. If you are interested in the long term ]

My family still lives there but I'm a junior at Clemson. Welcome to SC and get ready to be blown away by Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

omg omg ogm ogm gomg there's nothign more fun than giving

Apr 17, 2015, 11:52 AM

somebody a thumbs down in their first few posts to watch their pulse plummet 6 percentage points.

Re: omg omg ogm ogm gomg there's nothign more fun than giving

I hope this guy is not a reincarnation of Lowcountry Rancour (I believe that was his handle). What a tool he was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 12:20 PM

Welcome to gods country and before long you will be a big time Clemson fan. You won't be able to help yourself it will just happen.

Welcome to the Clemson family. You have chosen wisely.

Apr 17, 2015, 12:21 PM

I visited the University of Colorado campus a few years ago. Absolutely gorgeous! One of the most beautiful college campuses I have seen.

GO TIGERS!!!

in the summer time?***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:34 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes, in June.***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:41 PM

well hello. got some icky sticky? puff puff give motivator***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:34 PM

Stay away from the Reach Around Gang.***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:39 PM

null

that's sound advice right there!***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:43 PM

^^^Previous victim...***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:44 PM

null

unless you are into that kind of thing. .***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to that's sound advice right there!*** ]

Could you provide a list of the members of this group?

Apr 17, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Stay away from the Reach Around Gang.*** ]

TIA in advance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grump don't like lists, but they know who they are.***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:53 PM

null

you suggesting reading might hurt grump's head?

Apr 17, 2015, 12:55 PM

sirius replies only please

Robots get headaches?***

Apr 17, 2015, 1:23 PM

null

yes dummy. . scare crows don't have brains. robots are missing hearts

Apr 17, 2015, 1:32 PM

Unless you are suggesting crump is a robotic scare crow.

Who??***

Apr 17, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Grump don't like lists, but they know who they are.*** ]

idk, lbu's

Apr 17, 2015, 1:08 PM

probably still drunk from last night.

Last night?

Apr 17, 2015, 1:19 PM

Last November....

null

last november? i think i'm covered...

Apr 17, 2015, 1:42 PM

no homer

Re: Stay away from the Reach Around Gang.***

Apr 17, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Stay away from the Reach Around Gang.*** ]

Well, they at least sound courteous.

bob is always "helpful"***

Apr 17, 2015, 1:20 PM

null

Haven't herd you complaining any.

Apr 17, 2015, 1:21 PM

Whoops, I meant, "RA'd for personal attack"

Times are tough..***

Apr 17, 2015, 1:22 PM

null

Being from Boulder have you "done smoked it" yet?***

Apr 17, 2015, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2015, 3:00 PM

Welcome my friend. You'll find your blood beginning to turn orange the more you stay up on Clemson. It is a beautiful school with great tradition. Football is the name of the game around here (some say we have other sports but I don't recall :) )

The Tigers are on the verge of a serious run for the National Championship. It is a program run with ferocity, skill and honor.

Welcome to Clemson, I always liked CU, it's a great program and you got a helluva mascot! I really dig Ralphie the Buffalo. Would love to see a helmet on him running up the middle against Oklahoma!

Go Tigers!

Come tailgate on Cemetery Hill.

Apr 17, 2015, 4:50 PM

its the bestest.

Oh, but wait until gameday, it's kind of dead right now. ;)

First and foremost join IPTAY. Second get season FB tickets

Apr 17, 2015, 5:00 PM

After doing the above, many of us will assist you with the where, when, and how.
Welcome aboard!

Go to that first football game...

Apr 17, 2015, 9:29 PM

then you will really be hooked. There will be plenty of tickets around or someone on TNet will take care of you. Leave plenty of time to walk the campus and the tailgate spots. You can show up hungry and you will be offered plenty to eat.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic