Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tucker Hipps family talks about lawsuit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 3,670

Tucker Hipps family talks about lawsuit

Apr 16, 2015, 8:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Nd68ZWUNA

The parents of Clemson University student who died after an unsupported fall from a bridge talk about seeking the truth from the university. Video by Harrison Cahill

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

um...hate it for them..but chill on the broad brush dude..

Apr 16, 2015, 8:27 PM

you gonna hate Clemson? make your choice. #1U in SC for Education Value and Life. Get it, I'd be doing the same I guess - seeing as my son is a fresh. and in a frat.

But durn -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my impression

Apr 16, 2015, 8:41 PM

They are disappointed with Clemson's involvement, or lack, with the case. They're looking for answers and they aren't getting them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my impression

Apr 16, 2015, 10:14 PM

I'll love Clemson for the rest of my life, and Clemson didn't push or talk Tucker off the bridge. But, some student at Clemson may or maynot have. It's not Clemson's fault that the kid has lost his life. But those parents do deserve the answers of what really happen with their child. I just hope that no one in the administration is trying to hide anything from the family just for the sake of saving face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my impression

Apr 16, 2015, 10:23 PM [ in reply to my impression ]

I can honestly empathize with their position.

I don't think I'd be able to just let it go either, to just

Apr 16, 2015, 8:33 PM

say "oh well, that's it, move on". There's too much wrong with the way he died just to let it go, and I don't blame them one bit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't think I'd be able to just let it go either, to just

Apr 16, 2015, 8:36 PM

I wish I got 25 million every time I lost a family member.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I thought there was a chance a 25 mil dollar lawsuit

Apr 16, 2015, 8:43 PM

would provide some answers or prevent this from happening to someone else's child, I'd sue in a minute and wouldn't feel one bit bad about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: If I thought there was a chance a 25 mil dollar lawsuit

Apr 16, 2015, 8:50 PM

I wish this family the best, but you can not prevent all tragedies from happening, and this will not bring back their son, nor explain hid death.

I'm sure they don't expect to get their son back, nor do

Apr 16, 2015, 9:10 PM

they believe that all tragedies can be prevented. I'm pretty sure that they believe that there are people who do know what happened but aren't talking, and they are hopeful that this will pressure some of them to come forward. How likely it is that someone will is debatable and unclear, but really beside the point, because they think there is hope. I'm sure too that they feel the frat system needs to be examined and perhaps reformed, and if this saves one life by helping bring about any positive change, or brings even more attention to the issue, they would be satisfied.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm sure they don't expect to get their son back, nor do

Apr 16, 2015, 9:17 PM

100-1 this goes away

Guaranteed***

Apr 16, 2015, 9:20 PM

Re: If I thought there was a chance a 25 mil dollar lawsuit

Apr 16, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If I thought there was a chance a 25 mil dollar lawsuit ]

The law suit and the discovery that goes with it will explain the death of their son. You can get a lot more information to the front in a civil investigation than you can in a criminal investigation.

Apr 16, 2015, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think I'd be able to just let it go either, to just ]

I get a little irritated at some on here that admits the lawsuit is only about bringing out more info...yet their next breath claim there is already enough evidence for those guys to be arrested.

It's like talking to a brick wall. How can you believe that the lawsuit was filed in the hopes more information would come out while also believing there is already enough information to arrest someone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think I'd be able to just let it go either, to just ]

I can tell you right now, I would not give up one of my sons for $25 million. The $25 million is so that they can make those responsible feel some of the pain they feel.

Apr 16, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think I'd be able to just let it go either, to just ]

I'll keep my family members, thank you.

Apr 18, 2015, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think I'd be able to just let it go either, to just ]

You gotta be a pretty disgusting human being to make that kind of remark

Re: Tucker Hipps family talks about lawsuit

Apr 16, 2015, 8:38 PM

I keep going back and forth on this topic. At this point there isn't any real evidence that I see to make this any more than an unfortunate accident. I do wish that Clemson did a better job enforcing it's hazing rules though. Let's face it: fraternities are just like any other social club. They are as honorable as the integrity of their members. Some at Clemson are pretty cool. Others not so much.

Anyway, I hope the Hipps can find peace. That's all that really matters anyway.

Apr 16, 2015, 8:39 PM

The blame mentality on everything, yes I have children but I'm so sick of this mentality.

They allowed their child to be in a fraternity. They know that hazing still exists in most all fraternities to some degree. Take some responsibility and don't place blame on Clemson. I'm not saying this should have happened, it shouldn't have.

Don't blame Clemson, blame the kid or kids that know what happened. If you're blaming Clemson for allowing hazing to happen and then act like you didn't know hazing was likely when their son joined a frat... Please.

Also.. What the heck does Clemson football have to do with this case? Why do they even bring this up?

So sick of today's culture.

Apr 16, 2015, 8:41 PM

well said.

Sounds like you're blaming the parents

Apr 16, 2015, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family talks about lawsuit ]

for letting him join a frat because they should have realized he might get hazed. Why blame them, by your own theory?

Re: Sounds like you're blaming the parents

Apr 16, 2015, 8:53 PM

Wrong, hazing on avg means nothing. Nothing happens 99.9% of the time.

Just like waking to class or driving to work.

If suing brought back your ____ who died in a car accident and meant no one could ever drive again does that help society?

Blame the stupid act, not Clemson.

Fair enough

Apr 16, 2015, 9:06 PM

I didn't comprehend your message as you intended. I agree - it's not Clemson's responsibility to police everybody all the time nor is it reasonable to expect them to be able to.

Re: Fair enough

Apr 16, 2015, 10:38 PM

It is the responsibility of any college to "police" any organization or group that they grant permission to operate on their campus.

Apr 16, 2015, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds like you're blaming the parents ]

That's exactly how I see it, blame the moment where something just awful happen....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2015, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds like you're blaming the parents ]

since you brought up cars:
Trucking company X allows a driver with a bad driving record to operate a tractor trailer for them. This driver has failed drug tests and had numerous violations. This driver takes a few pills, crosses the center line, and hits a car. In that car is a child who is killed.
Should the family sue the driver?
Should the family sue the company that the driver worked for?
Yes and yes.

In this instance, unfortunately Clemson is the company the driver worked for. By that I mean that Clemson allowed a frat to operate that they knew or should have know was violating hazing rules. Clemson's omission of action was in essence a very real causation of the death of a student.

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

Look - this is NOT Clemson's fault - fact.

Apr 16, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Sounds like you're blaming the parents ]

no reason to put this on CU - the Admin is doing EVERYTHING they can to make CU top 20 national for Edu.and lifestyle. They get it - no way this is on CU. I talk to my son - talked to him before he went - talked to him when he was rushing frats - told him what he was in for ... what to take and what to not...

Wealthy parents miscalculating their frustration. imho.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy to know what you would do when you have never

Apr 16, 2015, 9:43 PM

been in the situation.

unfortunately what is being lost here is that there is a possibility no one is to

Apr 17, 2015, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Sounds like you're blaming the parents ]

Blame. Just shity luck.
no cigarette man, no big brother, no lords of discipline. .. just an unfortunate accident.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 16, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Hipps family talks about lawsuit ]

Are you really saying that a parent should expect their child to die if they let them join a frat?

Apr 17, 2015, 6:13 AM

I assume you have never attempted to analyze words before.

That's your only response.

His responses have been better than your garbage.***

Apr 17, 2015, 7:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: His responses have been better than your garbage.***

Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 AM

So you side with the parents and say it's clemsons fault and that they should hate the Clemson football team as well?

Apr 17, 2015, 7:21 AM

they apparently skipped those parts of the bible that talk about forgiveness, turning the other cheek, and money being the root of all evil.

Wow ....***

Apr 17, 2015, 7:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It appears that clearly you don't have kids ? Yes or no ?***

Apr 17, 2015, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: His responses have been better than your garbage.*** ]

Apr 17, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: His responses have been better than your garbage.*** ]

Their son is dead. They are grieving. There are things in this world more important than football. Grieving people go through processes of recovering.

Parents are still grieving, conflicted & confused ...

Apr 16, 2015, 10:16 PM

I will cut them a whole lot of slack and not try to judge or draw any conclusions - especially regarding motives or intent.

Ya See Wealthy people are given the Benefit of a doubt

Apr 19, 2015, 11:46 AM

Looks to me(from reading the lawsuit ) like LE has enough evidence to file charges. Just my opinion

Replies: 38
| visibility 3,670
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic