Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well hello, Jounge.
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Well hello, Jounge.

Apr 10, 2015, 10:01 AM

Just wanted to pop in this morning and say hello, and I know I've been conspicuously absent over the last two weeks, but my Dad was in the hospital all last week, and finally passed away late Tuesday night. It was unexpected, but he did live a pretty long full life ad will be remembered as an amazing man, and an incredible husband and father. He was a die hard Clemson man, class of 1958, and I can count on my two hands the home, away, and bowl games that he and my mother missed over the last 45 years until this season when Mom broke her hip the night before the SC State game and had to watch them all on TV. And they still made it to the bowl game.

Our family is of course heartbroken, but we're a tough lot and we'll get through it. It's what warlords do, as y'all know. I did, however, want to make sure and let you all know that that I've come to think of you guys as family. I've taken great pleasure in meeting and becoming close with a LOT of Joungers, and am truly looking forward to meeting the rest of you soon. Just because we haven't met face to face doesn't mean I don't count you among my friends!

I guess the point here is that sometimes we get caught up in our own little dramas, and forget to tell the people that mean something to you that they're valued. Thanks The Lounge at Tigernet for being a part of my life. You're all truly appreciated.

I know the contingent that makes it to VomitFest tomorrow will raise a cold Schlitz (or inferior substitute) to my Dad, and trust me when I say that missing out seeing the Joungers tomorrow in Clemson is one of the painful parts of my week.

Make sure and tell those you love how feel sooner rather than later because we never know how long we'll be around. I was lucky enough to get plenty of opportunity to do that before Dad passed.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next