Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
watching the 2011 ACC champ(right now) game is telling...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,519

watching the 2011 ACC champ(right now) game is telling...

Apr 1, 2015, 11:31 PM

.....the difference between chad morris 2011 and chad morris 2014 is night and day. chad had lost all of his swagger between 11 and 14. there was trickery everywhere in that game. the wildcat, a relentless HUNH vs a much slower, more conservative offense this past season. I hope tony Elliott watches that ACC championship game this offseason. it'll do all of us some good. Oh, and let me add that i was sweating bullets that game. we needed that sooo sooo bad. i watched our guys win their last ACC championship 20 years earlier and had heard all the chicken smack talk how we hadn't won one in 20 years. WE NEEDED that win to get the monkey off our back. remember... we couldn't win the big one with tommy Bowden or dabo. that was a HUGE HUGE HUGE win for our boys.

ps- whoever posted that april fools crap about Watson being injured and needing surgery got me hook, line, and sinker. i had just woke up and saw that post. i clicked on the post. i was steaming mad. telling myself "i knew he was fragile" and things like that. i clicked on the link included in that post and started reading when i breathed a big sigh of relief and said to myself... "good one dude, you got my totally". that post all but ruined my mood for the day until i realized it was a fools post. excellent april fools post my man. sucked this clown right in :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: watching the 2011 ACC champ(right now) game is telling...

Apr 1, 2015, 11:34 PM

Probably helped to have Boyd, Nuk, Sammy, Ellington, and Allen compared to having Stoudt at QB for most of this season. Offense looked pretty good in the few games Watson played from start to finish.

Apr 1, 2015, 11:42 PM

agree about the talent that was onboard in 11'. still though the offense, even with Watson, did NOT resemble the 11 offense of coach chad in any way. cole or no cole there was no comparison in the play calling from 11 to 14. JMO ~

Apr 1, 2015, 11:56 PM

Maybe not, but the two games Watson started and finished healthy were UNC where Clemson scored 50 points and had 528 yards, and NC State where Clemson scored 41 and had 493 yards, and Watson basically played only 3 quarters in the NC State game. Even the South Carolina game with Watson playing with one leg Clemson ended up with 35 points and 491 yards. I'm not saying Morris didn't frustrate me at times this past season, but even with the talent difference between 2011 and 2014 our offense would have put up some really impressive numbers with a healthy Watson for the entire season. JMO

Apr 2, 2015, 12:03 AM

And don't mistake my saying that as not being excited about seeing what Elliott/Scott can do with the offense going forward. I just think Morris was in a tough spot this past season with all the youth and injuries on top of that youth. We lost 1 of our top 3 quarterbacks before the season started, played most of our season without a 2nd of those 3 guys, and the 3rd guy played much of the season with an injury and shattered confidence. On top of that we lost our most talented running back with prior experience before the season started, lost another running back who had been playing well early in the season, lost Peake for much of the season at receiver who just happened to be one of the few returning receivers with experience, and had little to no depth at tight end and OL due to injuries. Not trying to make excuses for the guy, but it would have been next to impossible for our offense to look anything like the 2011 offense with that situation.

in 98% agreement with your expert analysis....

Apr 2, 2015, 12:20 AM

let me say this from what i witnessed this past season in regards to coach chad...

i felt like we sold cole short with the play calling which hurt cole's confidence. that snowballed into cole struggling more than he would have otherwise. we held back and were constantly throwing the ball sideways instead of downfield. there were very few deep balls with cole under center. now don't get me wrong, i understand when cole is throwing INT's any OC is going to pull back some. the problem i have is that coach chad NEVER threw the deep ball from the start with cole under center. it was sideline to sideline every game for cole. even the first play from scrimmage in the bowl game for cole was a sideline throw. cole stuggled no doubt all year. i saw it, you saw, chad saw it. IMO at least wait until a man struggles before you change the play calling. chad was holding back from day one with a VERY talented Clemson offense on the field. IMO the bowl game, when coach Elliott was calling the plays, showed what cole and this offense could do. whats the bomb to me is to think that as our guys mature, our 40 point explosion vs the Oklahoma sooners is just the tip of the iceberg to what we have to look forward to. the future is bright my friend. im pumped. :) ~

We certainly saw a different Cole Stoudt Clemson

Apr 2, 2015, 7:36 AM

offense in the bowl game than we did at any point in the regular season. I can't think of anything to attribute that to except the change at OC and addition of Brandon Streeter. I'm pumped too! Bring on September! Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I"ve wondered about the creativity as well

Apr 2, 2015, 7:49 AM

A team can't live on trick plays, of course. They can even die on them. But there was more "unexpected" then, and it usually panned-out well.

I think the Chad was absolutely fantastic for this program. The OU game gave me a lot of excitement for the future, however.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,519
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic