Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rick Barnes is exhibit A of why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,456

Rick Barnes is exhibit A of why

Mar 29, 2015, 10:09 AM

Jack Leggett wouldn't take the Texas job a few years back. They don't put up with great program being mediocre.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rick Barnes is exhibit A of why

Mar 29, 2015, 10:27 AM

When has Texas basketball ever been thought of as a great program?

Not until Barnes got there and they were thought of as a

Mar 29, 2015, 10:48 AM

great program after he took them to 5 sweet 16s, 3 elite 8s, and one final four between 2002 and 2008.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Rick Barnes is exhibit A of why ]

Jo,

Now that question is bordering on PATHETIC. Absolutely NO knowledge of BBall. Don't ask stupid chit like that again.

btw: the question does not deserve any of the answers that were given. Google could be your friend.

Mar 29, 2015, 10:21 PM

So he's right? Is that what your saying??

Mar 29, 2015, 10:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 30, 2015, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Rick Barnes is exhibit A of why ]

Texas puts forth money and resources to be great in basketball. We will see what happens if/when we do the same. I expect our AD is going to expect a ROI the next few years. At that point we will know.....

If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked ####

Mar 29, 2015, 10:46 AM

under Brownell. He took thwm to the Dance every year but one, and advanced to the sweet 16 or beyond on numerous occasions. And Texas has never been thought of as "great". Some of their best year have been under Barnes.

This is all about expectations. While it may show that Texas's are a little ridiculous, it also shows how pathetically low ours are, right or wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Barnes once had a team with...

Mar 29, 2015, 1:07 PM

Kevin Durant, A.J. Abrahams, D.J. Augustin, Damion James and Dexter Pittman. All are currently playing professional basketball somewhere.

They had 10 losses and lost in the second round with that team. Barnes can recruit, but his coaching was not good at Texas. That's why Texas fired him.

Re: Barnes once had a team with...

Mar 29, 2015, 10:18 PM

Barnes lost 2nd round with durant??? man I wish he was still at CLEMSON

Re: If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked ####

Mar 29, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked #### ]

Texas also has unlimited resources and are considered a big time program. Barnes took them forward but they have stagnated lately. In this biz, if you're not going forward then you are going backwards. I guess UT thought he had peaked. We have yet to peak under Brownell and continue to move forward.

probably highest profile program with an opening this off season***

Mar 29, 2015, 5:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barnes is the most successful coach they have ever had

Mar 29, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked #### ]

in terms of wins, winning percentage, and post season success; Brownell is none of those at Clemson. Any way you want to measure it, Barnes was wildly successful at Texas, far more successful (even this year) than Brownell has been at Clemson. As to whether or not we are moving forward under Brownell is very much up for debate and still in question.

Like I said, expectations are very different, and that's really what this is all about - expectations. Again, like I said, right or wrong, ours are pathetically low. Of course a school with the resources Texas has is going to expect a lot, but there is no reason in the world a school like Clemson should expect so little.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

if we had UT money, size, alumni base, etc... Would would be

Mar 29, 2015, 9:08 PM

kicking their butt. We do quite well for our resource level

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked ####

Mar 29, 2015, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked #### ]

On what planet is a program that doesn't even make the NIT moving forward?

Barnes when to Texas so he wouldn't have to recruit against

Mar 29, 2015, 5:09 PM [ in reply to If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked #### ]

Duke & NC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect reply!!!***

Mar 30, 2015, 8:04 AM [ in reply to If Barnes was mediocre at Texas, we have sucked #### ]

They put up with Barnes 17 years***

Mar 29, 2015, 11:07 AM

^^^^ This ^^^^

Mar 29, 2015, 1:18 PM

That's what I'm saying! That and I don't really care about some basketball coach who left Clemson 17 years ago. Get with the times people.

Mar 29, 2015, 11:12 AM

ok, is there an exhibit B?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anthony grant. Bama saw things were headed in the wrong

Mar 29, 2015, 12:11 PM

direction and said "goodbye."

and again, we should have confidence in Bama's Ball

Mar 29, 2015, 12:33 PM

tradition, decision-making, future, etc. exactly why?

That's BS. Look at the recruits and 1st round NBA draft

Mar 29, 2015, 5:35 PM

picks Barnes has had. He grossly under performed given his talent and competition. Texas gave him years. I respect programs that refuse to accept mediocrity, esp a program like Texas that should be top 10 in anything they desire.

null

Re: That's BS. Look at the recruits and 1st round NBA draft

Mar 29, 2015, 10:15 PM

When has Texas ever been top 10 until Rick got there you moron?????????????????

Mar 29, 2015, 10:14 PM

Are you really that f'n stupid??? Who has won more games at texas ??? Unreal how stupid some of you people can be. Jack ? really

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic