Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gregg Marshall probably has no interest in Bama even with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 619

Gregg Marshall probably has no interest in Bama even with

Mar 28, 2015, 8:53 PM

the millions they were throwing at him, but man he'd be crazy not to take the phone call from Texas tomorrow. They'll offer $3m and he could easily say $4 million/year, 6 years guaranteed, and a $5 million buyout. The Texas job is his if he wants it and I think he can name his price. He'd be crazy to say no.

I know Gregg, his wife Lynn was a good friend of mine when I was in grad school at CofC in the early 90s. They were dating and he was an assistant coach. She actually played for Maryland on scholarship as an undergrad. I was on here advocating for us to hire him when he was at Winthrop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

anyone who says the money means nothing is an idiot....

Mar 28, 2015, 9:02 PM

his salary may not be Marshall's sole deciding factor, but the fact that, in addition to a multi-million dollar paycheck, Texas can also provide facilities comparable to anyones, great recruiting in a huge state and surrounding area, and support from his AD

Austin's no longer just a "college town", but it does have a lot of cultural offerings...but perhaps Marshall prefers to live a medium sized population area.....can't fault him for that

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 619
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic