Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From previous interviews, it sounds like Venables isn't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,754

From previous interviews, it sounds like Venables isn't

Mar 28, 2015, 12:44 PM

interested in a HC gig right now (maybe never)...

So what are the odds he'd be interested in coaching a D in the NFL? I mean, if he keeps up the great work, someone's bound to come knocking...

I don't think he goes anywhere anytime soon. I think he's having too much fun with the influx of talent...make his job easier. Just curious if the NFL is maybe the next step for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From previous interviews, it sounds like Venables isn't

Mar 28, 2015, 1:30 PM

I think he is happy where he is coaching defense. In interviews he never struck me as the "front man", or someone you would see leading a program.

Who know though?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From previous interviews, it sounds like Venables isn't

Mar 28, 2015, 2:40 PM

As a HC he would need an ample get back coach budget. That is more than a one man job

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the kind of money assistant coaches and Coordinators

Mar 28, 2015, 2:59 PM

make these days, its getting to be almost a secondary consideration. Doesn't seem that long ago, assistant coaches at Clemson were making $20,000 - $30,000 and Co-ordinators a little less than double that per year. Nowadays, the equipment guys probably make a ton more than that...:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the kind of money assistant coaches and Coordinators

Mar 28, 2015, 3:05 PM

I think our equipment managers get paid in hugs

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV isn't going anywhere

Mar 28, 2015, 3:08 PM

He loves Clemson and is LOYAL. He never would have left Oklahoma if not for Stoops bringing his fired brother back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he will get a HC job

Mar 28, 2015, 3:27 PM

I don't think he came to Clemson just because he had no options or lost interest at OK. He is a very well respected coach and if he can put out a top 30-35 defense this year, after losing 80% of his playmakers on the DL/LB, a school with a need just has to take notice. With the raise he got, and the fact he seems very happy at Clemson, it will take a great opportunity for him to jump ship. However, I know some Kansas State football folks (they love him) and I firm believe he is on many program's radar.

He is probably my favorite coach, along with Brooks, and will hate it when he leaves but I will support whatever he thinks is best for him and his family/future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic