Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So reading about our offensive linemen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,063

So reading about our offensive linemen

Mar 27, 2015, 1:31 PM

brings tears to my eyes.

From everything I've been reading and hearing, our 4 freshman linemen are going to be studs. They are going to be pushing our veterans to the max. Don't be shocked if one or two end up starters.

The only thing that's been holding us back has now been corrected. If we can piece it all together, this team for the next two years will be incredible and the probably the best team Clemson has ever fielded.

I've got goosebumps thinking about it.

Now I'm going to say a prayer for DW4.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: So reading about our offensive linemen

Mar 27, 2015, 1:43 PM

DW4 needs to eat some cheeseburgers, drink some milkshakes, and hit the weight room so he can absorb those licks like Tajh could.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's up to 210lbs. He's trying to reach to 215.***

Mar 27, 2015, 1:44 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You think 20 lbs of additional muscle would have prevented

Mar 27, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: So reading about our offensive linemen ]

a torn ACL? Or a broken finger?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

yes. . on the hamstring he runs strait up the

Mar 27, 2015, 3:07 PM

Middle bowling over everyone in his way .. no need to run outside And pull a hammy.

the massive weight of his biceps woulda hit the ground before his hand.

both injuries averted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

He doesn't need to be heavier, he needs to be luckier ...

Mar 27, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: So reading about our offensive linemen ]

None of his injuries have been because he wasn't 20 pounds heavier.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so, but 3 injuries in less than a year, all of which

Mar 27, 2015, 2:15 PM

caused him to miss games and or practice is either freakishly bad luck, or there is something about him that makes him injury prone. Hopefully it's the former, but I'd make dang sure I had a good back up ready to go, and I wouldn't be shocked if that backup was forced into action at some point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe so, but 3 injuries in less than a year, all of which

Mar 27, 2015, 2:26 PM

20 LBS. heavier certainly will not hurt and no it would not have prevented the broken finger. But, it could have turned the knee injury into a sprain rather than a tear. He also was "shaken" up quite a few times which is normal. However, if he was bulked up a little more, his body would act as a shock absorber in some instances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was 6'4 245lbs and low body fat when I tore my ACL

Mar 27, 2015, 2:35 PM

and severely sprained my MCL and LCL after a freak accident shot to the knee playing basketball.

Not exactly how it works. I was able to walk around until surgery because of the strength in my legs around the ligaments, but they did not keep it from tearing or severely injuring other ligaments.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

"low body fat"

Mar 27, 2015, 2:48 PM

like 8%?

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4, if you include the sprained mcl he suffered in

Mar 27, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, but 3 injuries in less than a year, all of which ]

the 4th quarter of gainesville's playoff loss[12/6/13].

5, if in fact if you separate the lcl against gatech & the later acl tear 2 days before the georgia state game.

1. mcl hs playoff game
2. collarbone spring practice
3. finger uofl
4. lcl gt
5. acl practice

some is misfortune, some is the nature of the game, still deshaun will need to learn how to better protect himself and make his own luck.

Fire Batson!***

Mar 27, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, but 3 injuries in less than a year, all of which ]

Rendrick Taylor ...

Mar 27, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, but 3 injuries in less than a year, all of which ]

... was injury prone / un-lucky ... whatever you want to call it.

Being a beast physically did not seem to help him stay on the field.

Of course I would not mind seeing DW get bigger and stronger. But, so far, nothing that has happened to him has been because he was weak or under-weight.

Re: Rendrick Taylor ...

Mar 27, 2015, 2:57 PM

I respectively disagree.

Mar 27, 2015, 2:59 PM

I respectfully disagree with you.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 27, 2015, 3:04 PM

I don't know about accident , but DW is most certainly TD prone ...and excitement prone ! When this guy is out there it looks like there is no way we do not score the football .
go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Personally I agree. But for college, it doesn't matter as

Mar 27, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Rendrick Taylor ... ]

much as the NFL.

QB in NFL is expected to play at least 10 years. They need to be bigger to withstand the NFL hits. Most NFL QBs are giants.

College career is shorter, players aren't as big and fast. Little QBs can withstand the hits for most college QBs.

Re: Personally I agree. But for college, it doesn't matter as

Mar 27, 2015, 8:19 PM

I think your all missing the point. The biggest concern if DW gets any stronger is if a play comes along and he gets a little DE pressure, he mis-times a bullet pass and unfortunately decapitates a linebacker.... I'm just sayin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Rendrick Taylor ... ]

agree.. agree.. agree!

Agree. By some people's thinking OL and DL should

Mar 29, 2015, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Rendrick Taylor ... ]

never suffer injuries due to their size,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O. linemen and our stable of RB 's - hope QB runs less!

Mar 27, 2015, 3:17 PM

and stays healthy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,063
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic