Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One less NIT bid for at large pool...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,501

One less NIT bid for at large pool...

Mar 6, 2015, 2:28 PM

Longwood upset top seeded Charleston Southern in Big South Tourney just now. CS gets automatic bid to NIT by winning regular season. Probably wouldn't have made it. Hope there aren't too many more of these...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One less NIT bid for at large pool...

Mar 6, 2015, 2:30 PM

On average there are 12.33 per year

High of 15
Low of 10.

I just hope Wofford is not one of these.

Wofford's going to the Dance if they beat Furman!***

Mar 9, 2015, 10:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

William & Mary?

Mar 9, 2015, 9:31 PM

they were tied for 1st in their conference and had the #1 seed - do they get an automatic NIT bid?

St Francis gets an auto bid

Mar 10, 2015, 9:13 PM

lost in their tournament final tonight

Mar 11, 2015, 9:20 AM

This thread shows what horribly poor expectations there are for Clemson Basketball....we are actually worried if Longwood beats Charleaton Southern, if Wofford beats Furman..Blah, Blah Blah maybe, just maybe they will let us in the NIT. When you almost have to stumble into the NIT maybe it's time to accept that this team sucks and just go home and practice for next year.

Re: I agree.

Mar 11, 2015, 9:36 AM

I have to agree with you. Someone already acted like I was a coot for saying what you said. I guess i am getting old, 45, but when I was younger nobody even thought about the NIT. My first year at Clemson we went to the Sweet 16 with Dale Davis and Elden Campbell. Then we had a few down years until Rick Barnes. I really never thought we would ever get to the stage where our fans were worried about getting into the NIT. I was raised thinking there was only one tournament. The NIT is good practice for our younger players like Grantham, but from the fan perspective it's not that big of a deal. I will watch every game if we go, but I am not on pins and needles waiting for an invite. I think we will be in the big dance the year after next as long as nothing unforeseen happens. I watched Hudson our future PG play the other night. He will be really solid by his sophomore year. Holmes should give us a 3pt threat. I'll be excited when we go to the real tournament. The first season at the renovated LJ should be a memorable one. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We sold out Littlejohn when we hosted NIT.

Mar 11, 2015, 10:31 AM

...but yeah.

It's not a big deal or anything.

other than the Dook game

Mar 11, 2015, 11:22 AM

by far the best crowds and best atmospheres all last season in LJ

Fair enough...

Mar 11, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to We sold out Littlejohn when we hosted NIT. ]

Nationally the NIT is no big deal. Winning it means little. If it is a big deal to a portion of our fans or students then I respect that. I do. To me it is meaningless other than experience for the next season. If we were in the real tournament it would be intense though. I love March Madness. i hope we can be part of it within 2 years max. I think we will the year after next. Possibly even next season.

If the NIT is a big deal to a portion of our fans and

Mar 11, 2015, 12:15 PM

students than that's just pitiful.

there's being critical... and then there is what you post***

Mar 11, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: One less NIT bid for at large pool... ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Mar 11, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: One less NIT bid for at large pool... ]

Agree this year needs to just die today.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,501
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic