Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys, I have a quote for you.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,791

Guys, I have a quote for you.

Mar 5, 2015, 7:40 PM

Do with it what you will......

"People are wrong when they say that South Carolina football isn't what it used to be. It is what it used to be. And that's what's wrong with it."

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was first to TU a David Hood post.

Mar 5, 2015, 7:42 PM

What do I get?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The chance......

Mar 5, 2015, 7:43 PM

To chase down D.J. Swearinger and get that 20K he owes that detailing shop!!

I would love nothing more.

Mar 5, 2015, 7:52 PM

Payback for this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

what a little ####. both of them.***

Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Anyway you can reveal your source on that quote, D-Hood?

Mar 5, 2015, 7:57 PM

I'd love to know the name of the person who said that fantastic bit.

And please don't tell me it was one of your sources in Florida.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is the Clemson Insider guys, not David Hood.

Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 PM

nm

Yes.***

Mar 5, 2015, 8:03 PM

The source

Mar 5, 2015, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Anyway you can reveal your source on that quote, D-Hood? ]

Was reading something earlier and it was attributed to Noel Coward and he was talking about the Opera. I added the twist.... Yep I am tired.

So you don't need no darn sources

Mar 5, 2015, 8:28 PM

Cause you're your own source?

Greatest reporter ever.

David I have a gem of a quote for you!!!

Mar 5, 2015, 8:10 PM

#STRecruiting: News not expected to be good tonight for Clemson with McCloud

"We have more original content than any other site that covers USC, Clemson and recruiting."

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2014/07/28/strecruiting-news-not-expected-to-be-good-tonight-for-Clemson-with-mccloud/#comments

Gosh, hate that we missed out on McCloud...

And you'll notice down in the comment section that some familiar folks really gave him the business in the forum section on this article. (By the way, props to IBeWriteGood on this one)

Phil Kornblut says:
July 29, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Go right ahead, it’s a free country, and any moron with a laptop can get on the internet and spew garbage, as you have proven here. This is a reporting site. And reporting sometimes means reporting what others are saying. It’s not always about “me”, though most of the egomaniacs on the internet these days don’t know how to type, “I don’t know.” If they don’t know, they just make it up. Here, we report our own news and what others are saying. It’s called journalism. And if I don’t have a strong feel on where a kid is going, I will tell you I don’t, as I did here, and I won’t make a prediction. I only reported here that the internet media were indicating he was going to Florida.

IBeWriteGood says:
July 29, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Is there a reason the writer is this defensive? You can argue semantics all day long, but your foray into a discussion on what “real journalism” is about is kind of misguided for two reasons:

1) Real journalists don’t get defensive over Internet comments
2) Real journalists don’t report what people with no credibility are saying, nor do they convey that as the collective consciousness of the Internet media. This is how unfounded rumors get perpetuated.

I’d suggest growing a thicker skin and understanding that reporting what a bunch of equally clueless people are saying does not remove you from the hook when such “reports” end up being wrong. It goes with the territory.

(after being told not to get his panties in a wad...)
Phil Kornblut says:
July 29, 2014 at 2:25 pm

My panties are fine, thank you. I just like to keep people straight when they need straightening.

Lounge Baker83 says:
July 29, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Nothing says SEC like piggy backing off the efforts of others. You clearly browse the thoughts and speculation of others in an attempt to form your own. And openly said so. I’d also add that journalism involves making personal contacts and connections rather than nickel and diming off others. So please, don’t be naive enough to say your site has the most original content of all sites covering both teams. Especially when your foothold is centered solely around one team. But thumps up for admitting you wear panties.

Re: David I have a gem of a quote for you!!!

Mar 5, 2015, 10:19 PM

Well, Kornbutt proves what most of the universe already knows. He is a revolving butt hole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phil needs some kerosene rags to tie around his ankles....

Mar 6, 2015, 8:40 AM [ in reply to David I have a gem of a quote for you!!! ]

Maybe they'll help keep the ants off his candy a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yokism?***

Mar 5, 2015, 10:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yokism?***

Mar 5, 2015, 10:27 PM

Tigerdrummer, you get an almost brand new set of steak knives!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys, I have a quote for you.

Mar 5, 2015, 10:34 PM

If this quote gives us any indication, South Carolina is about to go 0-12 and we will see another fight come November 28th, like we saw 11 years ago.

Re: Guys, I have a quote for you.***

Mar 6, 2015, 2:43 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,791
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic