Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're DRad and you decide to make a change...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,951

If you're DRad and you decide to make a change...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:56 PM

which isn't going to happen...but if you did what did you sell next year and the following on to get a better coach to Clemson? Yes...you can sell improved facilities....you can sell playing in the ACC....but what else...you don't have the tradition of football...facilities or fan support of football...you don't have the recent pedigree to great players into the NBA that you can sell to recruits...I'm afraid if Dan were to make a move it would end up much like his past move here in ATL at GT. He moved on Hewitt...knowing he was about to blow up Alexander Memorial Coliseum and to play away for a year....he could only get Brian Gregory to come....and now four years later Brian is going to be fired. I don't think BB is any better than OP....year 5 comparisons one against another don't stack up....but....we can't go back in time. At this point it's better to stay the course and then if BB can't improve with better facilities you make a move. Dan's move at GT and watching how that's unfolded scares me to death.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now the best we can hope out of DRad...

Mar 4, 2015, 1:03 PM

is that he doesn't give BB another 6 year extension and pay raise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right now the best we can hope out of DRad...

Mar 4, 2015, 1:43 PM

> is that he doesn't give BB another 6 year extension
> and pay raise.

I am sure he will ask your advice in this matter.

well to be fair....TDP just wanted to get something done so

Mar 4, 2015, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Right now the best we can hope out of DRad... ]

he could get back to the couch and nap time. He got played by CTB and the AD at Ark. (who were in it together)and it ended up costing us millions. I just can't see D-Rad doing any worse than that!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right now the best we can hope out of DRad...

Mar 4, 2015, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Right now the best we can hope out of DRad... ]

Yeah if he made a change naw after the extension we'd be changing him out too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The situation at GT was completely different than here

Mar 4, 2015, 1:46 PM

Hewitt had something like a $7 or 8 million buyout. GT couldn't afford to keep him and go into the new building, and they couldn't afford to get rid of him.

Thus you end up with Brian Gregory.

BB buyout right now as I understand it is $5M

Mar 4, 2015, 1:58 PM

so not that different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 to 3 million can give you a much bigger cushion for hiring

Mar 4, 2015, 3:33 PM

and GT also had some other financial limitations related to the remodel of the football endzone and baseball stadium...

oh crap...........I hope DRad didn't bring the ugly GT girlz.

Perhaps we can have bake sales, car washes, and a car raffle

Mar 4, 2015, 8:20 PM [ in reply to BB buyout right now as I understand it is $5M ]

to raise 5 mil to pay him to "go away" ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps we can have bake sales, car washes, and a car raffle

Mar 4, 2015, 8:24 PM

Brownell's contract will look like a steal for us by the time it expires. We will have to pay him big boy $ to keep him.

Remember I said it.

I can tell you what would be difficult to sell.

Mar 4, 2015, 8:31 PM

It would be tough selling the fact that he just fired a coach for going roughly .500 in ACC play over 5 seasons at Clemson. If I'm a coach looking at that job my first thought is that i would have very little job security. I think some young coach willing to take a risk would take a bite at it, but you can bet we wouldn't land any veteran coach after a move like that unless we threw a ton of money at him (which we can't afford).

Re: I can tell you what would be difficult to sell.

Mar 4, 2015, 8:58 PM

But I don't think 500 or one game above is the issue...actually we are in the tourney easily if we win the games we were supposed to early on... we have no business losing to Gardner webb, Winthrop , Rutgers , or scar to name a few...we win a few of those and we are in. In this league you win the games you are supposed to and go 500 and ur prob in. But BB'S teams suck early in the season and those games come back to bite us when it comes to the bubble talk.

Go to Old Dominion and "show him the money"!***

Mar 4, 2015, 9:02 PM

Re: Go to Old Dominion and "show him the money"!***

Mar 4, 2015, 9:05 PM

You're gonna hire JEFF JONES????? he's the coach at old dominion.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go to Old Dominion and "show him the money"!***

Mar 4, 2015, 9:10 PM

ahhhhhhhhh the mot

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic