Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NBA is 100x > College Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1,733

The NBA is 100x > College Basketball

Mar 4, 2015, 10:11 AM

I'll probably get flamed for this, but games like last night really re-enforce that the NBA is a much more exciting product than college basketball.

Yes, March Madness ia a great format, but the regular season in CBB is so blah to me.

Scoring droughts of 5 minutes or more are fairly common in CBB, and games like night had a drought of over 10 minutes.

I'm all for good defense, but droughts like that only occur due to atrocious offense.

Part of the problem is the NBA's "one-and-done" rule. The best players only go to school for 1 year (usually to one of 5 elite programs, Duke, Kentucky, Kansss, etc.) and then go pro. This waters down the college game. I think it'd be better to go back to the old rule. Either straight out of high school or you stay 3 years.

The NBA can be annoying at times with lack of effort, showboating, or too much Iso Ball (see Cavs/Houston game Sunday), but overall you see the absolute highest quality basketball being played.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this NBA of which you speak?

Mar 4, 2015, 10:20 AM

If there is a league and they're still playing, I certainly haven't noticed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

not for this guy right here. .. I'll take Clemson sports

Mar 4, 2015, 10:21 AM

Over professional any day. .. any coach. . Any player. .. Any sport. .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^This^^ I'd rather watch a "boring" game that I have

Mar 4, 2015, 10:23 AM

vested interest in than any pro game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^This^^ I'd rather watch a "boring" game that I have

Mar 4, 2015, 12:02 PM

I think this attitude is most common in SC, because there is no pro team.

I live in Charlotte now and having the Hornets here (even though we are mediocre), makes following the NBA much more interesting.

Too many puppet master coaches who

Mar 4, 2015, 10:24 AM

Try and control every possession and stress only defense are killing college basketball. The game has and always will be about scoring.

you sound like a frat boy. . are you a frat boy ?***

Mar 4, 2015, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: you sound like a frat boy. . are you a frat boy ?***

Mar 4, 2015, 10:35 AM

No! I think frats should be band from all college campuses. Too much bad and illegal behavior is covered up by the frat system, Clemson saw this last year.

You coach your team up let them play the game and push the ball. We walk the ball up the court and never push the ball even when we have an advantage. With a offensively challenged team the more layups we can get the better.

the tournament has made regular season games merely a

Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 AM

preseason to the top teams...they use it to get their teams ready for the tourney...when you're a fan of a team like us the regular season can at times turn ugly or be ignored if it goes the wrong way. Obviously college basketball has changed too over the past 20 yrs with players leaving early but I'd still take it over the NBA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NBA is 100x > College Basketball

Mar 4, 2015, 10:28 AM

IMO it goes....

NBA playoffs are yes but regular season is terrible to watch. Lazy defense no effort unless it is a big game.

null

NBA has been hit hard by injuries this year.

Mar 4, 2015, 10:35 AM

A lot of excellent players out right now....

"Did u see that Pelicans / Raptors game?!".... said no one

Mar 4, 2015, 10:33 AM

The NBA is a joke. A team named the Pelicans seems about right. Just need to rename one the teams the Floppers, or Crybaby's, and personify what a joke it is.

It's where the greatest players in the world play***

Mar 4, 2015, 11:08 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Did u see that Pelicans / Raptors game?!".... said no one

Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 AM [ in reply to "Did u see that Pelicans / Raptors game?!".... said no one ]

I guess you don't like watching elite talents like Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Tyreke Evans, or Anthony Davis?

Sorry if the names don't excite you, but those teams have some pretty great players.

Does not move the radar at all.

Mar 4, 2015, 12:15 PM

But you seem to know a lot about the NBA. To each his own.

I legit recognize one of those names. NBA is dumb***

Mar 4, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: "Did u see that Pelicans / Raptors game?!".... said no one ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You're just realizing this?***

Mar 4, 2015, 11:09 AM

Went to the Hawks /Rockets game last night

Mar 4, 2015, 11:23 AM

It's like watching two different sports. The quality of play and the speed of the game was incredible. It was like I was at an SEC football game or something.

Re: Went to the Hawks /Rockets game last night

Mar 4, 2015, 12:00 PM

Too bad The Beard wasn't playing, although the Hawks would've lost. So probably better for the home crowd that he sat out.

I've enjoyed watching the Hawks this year, but fear they may've peaked too early.

Not sure they can beat Cleveland in a playoff series.

Personally, I like college basketball a lot more***

Mar 4, 2015, 12:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Id rather watch a BB coached team than the NBA

Mar 4, 2015, 12:26 PM

Thankfully I watch neither.

Re: Id rather watch a BB coached team than the NBA

Mar 4, 2015, 12:32 PM

You dont watch Clemson basketball games but claim to be an expert and come here and ##### and moan about it?

null

Following me around I see

Mar 4, 2015, 12:34 PM

Sorry guy, im married.... to a woman.

Re: Following me around I see

Mar 4, 2015, 12:37 PM

I posted in this thread before you HTH.

null

and that requires you to comment on my post?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:40 PM

Especially when I wasnt commenting on your post? Do you feel the need to inject yourself where you are not wanted I.e. Replying to my posts

Re: and that requires you to comment on my post?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:43 PM

Nope I reply to a lot of stupid posters you are not special. Sorry to break your heart.

"Do you feel the need to inject yourself where you are not wanted I.e. Replying to my posts"

It is a public forum you dont want people to reply then maybe you shuold try Tmail or just try not to post stupid #### like how you apparently dont watch Clemson Basketball.

HTH

null

I dont mind the conversation

Mar 4, 2015, 12:45 PM

But youre clearly hitting on me dude. Can we just talk sports dude?

Re: I dont mind the conversation

Mar 4, 2015, 12:51 PM

I cant talk sports with someone who is ignorant about the topic. You just showed you are by saying you have not watched any games. Your post history shows you know little about athletics as well.

That is like asking me to talk Game of Thrones with someone who hasnt watched the show. It just doesnt work.

Also if you think this is "hitting on you" then I feel sorry for your wife.

HTH

null

Why would I watch mediocre basketball?

Mar 4, 2015, 12:54 PM

Why waste my time when I could be doing better things? Watch us lose to Garder Webb or plow my wife? Hum...

Knowing you don't watch us does explain your ignorant

Mar 4, 2015, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Id rather watch a BB coached team than the NBA ]

take on Clemson hoops

bc box scores dont exist

Mar 4, 2015, 12:43 PM

If you only base your opinion on boxscores you're a bigger

Mar 4, 2015, 12:46 PM

idiot than I have given you credit for...my apologies for underestimating you

So every pre-tv sports opinion

Mar 4, 2015, 12:47 PM

Is invalid to you? Lol ok...

It's certainly not as valid as the opinion of people who

Mar 4, 2015, 1:56 PM

actually watched the games...Are you really this dumb or is this a hilarious comedy bit?

NBA is barely a sport any more. No defense.

Mar 4, 2015, 12:29 PM

I LOVED basketball in the 90's. Now it's just a glorified shooting/dunking spree.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I liked college basketball when people could still score

Mar 4, 2015, 12:39 PM

now it's just dribble around for 20 seconds and launch a bad 3

Re: NBA is barely a sport any more. No defense.

Mar 4, 2015, 1:57 PM [ in reply to NBA is barely a sport any more. No defense. ]

Not entirely factual. Teams like the Spurs, Warriors, and Hawks all play great team basketball.

I actually think the NBA has improved tremendously

Mar 4, 2015, 12:48 PM

in recent years as it's finally moving away from the 1 on 1 iso stuff to team basketball where the ball moves around a lot.

If you had asked me as recently as like 13 years ago i would have said college basketball > NBA basketball in a heart beat. Those Duke vs Maryland games in 2001 and 2002 were some of the best basketball games I've watched, but the talent and experience in college basketball has really eroded since then. There's just a lot of bad offense being played now with poor execution, poor shooting, and a plethora of ugly turnovers.

You can say what you want about there being no defense in the NBA, but a lot of that is just due to how good the offenses are. There are very few guys in the league that you can leave to go double somebody else that won't make you pay.

NBA is a trillion times better than college..

Mar 4, 2015, 1:07 PM

NBA may lack quality post players and jump shooters (due to AAU ruining the development of young players), but at least there is actual scoring, and none of these 5-10 minute scoring droughts. College basketball has become so unwatchable, that I mainly just watch Clemson games till tourney time. Oh,
and enough with these claims about ISO play in the NBA. The NBA went away from that 10 years ago. Some of y'all must not have watched an NBA game since the early 00's, if you think the NBA is still heavy on ISO plays.

Re: NBA is a trillion times better than college..

Mar 4, 2015, 2:03 PM

I don't know. LeBron, Kobe, Harden, and a few others are pretty ball-hogging at times.

I'm not sure if that matches up to the definiton of "Iso Ball", but I prefer the shift in style by teams such as the Spurs, Hawks, and Warriors. Much more fun to watch IMO.

For the record, I'm the one defending the NBA though. I just admit some teams and players still play a very individual style of basketball IMO.

Lebron gets way too many assists to be a ball hog...

Mar 4, 2015, 6:47 PM

You must not watch the NBA. Actually, Lebron has been criticized throughout his career for passing too much and not being aggressive enough with shooting the ball. Lebron James averages 7 assist per game for his career. James Harden isn't a ball hog either, he is averaging 6.9 assists per game this year from the 2 guard position. Kobe is hurt right now and not even playing, and really was never a ball hog, he just always wanted the ball and wanted to win.

way off

Mar 4, 2015, 1:23 PM

march madness level of play is a far more exciting brand of basketball than anything the Never-ending Bashed-up Assoc. can offer unless it's maybe a game 7 of the finals. There's no point to even discuss here.

yeah watching 5-10 minute scoring droughts is so exciting***

Mar 4, 2015, 6:49 PM

If they disbanded the NBA, it would have relatively little

Mar 4, 2015, 2:03 PM

effect on my life. What little effect it did have would be positive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must not enjoy basketball, I feel the same way about

Mar 4, 2015, 2:06 PM

baseball on any level

I'm with you. I realized how much I really

Mar 4, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to If they disbanded the NBA, it would have relatively little ]

dislike the NBA when all sports radio could talk about was LeBron and his free agency last July.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was July.....What did you want them to talk about?***

Mar 4, 2015, 5:26 PM

I agree but onlly when the Celtics have a good team.

Mar 4, 2015, 5:33 PM

Still, it's the best basketball in the world and the best defense in the world during the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with your points on one and done

Mar 4, 2015, 7:47 PM

It has diluted college bb

but I still love college baketball

Hate the NBA, do not watch it.

A different sport , in my opinion.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1,733
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic