Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A cautionary tale to a bunch of Tnetters (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,490

A cautionary tale to a bunch of Tnetters (link)

Mar 4, 2015, 7:41 AM

(being a long time Braves supporter, I've never been much of Curt Schilling fan---he was a tough opponent. But I hope what he's done in this article starts a trend. And I hope some type of charges can be brought against those morons who said vile stuff about his daughter. All you folks on Tnet who criticize Clemson coaches and players with such vitriol and stupidity from what you think is the untouchable anonymity of a keyboard need to read this carefully and think about what you post before you hit enter)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/curt-schilling-takes-action-against-daughters-online-bullies/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

butt... butt... butt.. there's no rules on the internet....***

Mar 4, 2015, 7:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right ... and I am a French model

Mar 4, 2015, 9:06 AM

Bon jour!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

There is no substitute for good men behaving as

Mar 4, 2015, 7:49 AM

gentlemen...in any venue, including on the internet.

Doing otherwise displays an immaturity and crassness that is both inexcusable and insufferable.

It's one thing to joke around, offer a little sarcasm or engage in mindless banter and saber-rattling; it's an entirely different ball game when we resort to mindless and gutless personal attacks that warrant censure.

And I say that admitting that I am no better nor worse than any other when it comes to juvenile behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is no substitute for good men behaving as

Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 AM

I plan to buy a saber so I can rattle it. Sounds like fun. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a sabre once....It had a lot of teeth...and roared

Mar 4, 2015, 7:54 AM

like a tiger.

Good morning, 74.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had a sabre once....It had a lot of teeth...and roared

Mar 4, 2015, 8:27 AM

Movie trivia...."He shared a cave with a female panther once up in the Muscle Shell....she never did get used to him." Which movie did that come from?

Got me on that one, my Friend. I give....***

Mar 4, 2015, 8:42 AM

Was it...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I had a sabre once....It had a lot of teeth...and roared ]

Jeremiah Johnson???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was it...

Mar 4, 2015, 2:05 PM

Give that man a ceeegar!!! Excellent! You are truly an aficianado of classic movies....either that or are you like me...bored to tears and waiting on the return of CLEMSON TIGER FOOTBALL!?!?

Fantastic movie and yes I am bored and

Mar 4, 2015, 3:21 PM

ready for Tiger football!

Another great quote from JJ " Don't say no or he will cut you from crotch to eyebrow with a dull deer antler." Ouch!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fantastic movie and yes I am bored and

Mar 4, 2015, 5:42 PM

"He'll split me you and Caleb from crotch to eyeball with a dull deer antler. His rules is his rules. If you value your scalp you will get married!" Dang, I'm going to have to watch it now......

Re: Fantastic movie and yes I am bored and

Mar 4, 2015, 6:03 PM

"A woman's breast is the hardest rock the Almighty ever put on this Earth, and I can fnd no sign on it.." Dang it, I can't quit....

Re: There is no substitute for good men behaving as

Mar 4, 2015, 7:58 AM [ in reply to There is no substitute for good men behaving as ]

I've posted some stuff about players and coaches for other universities that I probably shouldn't have too. But to a lot of us, the "Clemson Family" has always been a bit more than just some empty recruiting pitch...and its the reason so many of us old farts have stuck around Tigernet through good times and bad. There are ways (behaving gentlemanly as you so elegantly phrased it) to offer a critical opinion without it sounding as though a pitbull was ripping someone's throat out

Good response...thanks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....I suppose one of the reasons I've lingered is to

Mar 4, 2015, 8:45 AM

read the fire and vinegar that our younger crowd posts.

That's probably because they remind me of myself at those ages...before some of my get up and go, got up and went.

PLEASE forward this to steve spurrier !!!!!!

Mar 4, 2015, 12:35 PM

His handle is 12PackAday @ scar scum.net

Apples and orangs you maroon! Calling out a grown man

Mar 4, 2015, 2:51 PM

making millions thanks to the fans is not even remotely the same thing as attacking a 17 year old girl. Every coach knows he is accountable to the fans.

But I applaud Schilling and IF more people would start standing up to cyber bullies things would change for the better.

null

in what world is "calling out" or being "accountable to" =

Mar 4, 2015, 3:10 PM

"criticizing Clemson coaches and players with such vitriol and stupidity"?

It happens at every school and to every sports team. Always

Mar 4, 2015, 3:36 PM

has and always will. What people do on Twitter, Facebook, etc. to kids and young girls is totally unacceptable. If you aren't bright enough to understand the difference you need help!

null

i know you're not bright enough to understand the question

Mar 4, 2015, 3:39 PM

or what was posed by the op.

no one, but you suggested attacking a 17 year old girl was equal to questioning a coach on a sports board.

I undrstood perfectly and he was saying people are idiots

Mar 7, 2015, 8:45 PM

for the things they post about coaches and he thinks they should be held equally accountable. That's complete BS. Coaches have always been called out and its part of holding a public job, but it has only recently become acceptable in the eyes of many to attack children. Ergo, he tried to compare apples and oranges.

With your lack or reading comp skills and inability to think critically I can only hope you are not a CU grad. I'm scared to read your profile and see that you are.

Jesus, if I had a dollar for every post you and the self-righteous ###### like the OP make attacking, slandering, and maligning other teams' coaches I'd be a billionaire. The hypocrisy on tnet never ceases to amaze me. Only coots and liberals are more self deluded than the kool aid drinking regulars posting on tnet.

null

he said that fans that post with such "vitriol & stupidity"

Mar 7, 2015, 10:40 PM

on tigernet about clemson coaches & players should take notice and they should; these people that do so are not unreachable or unapproachable as schilling has shown.

the cautionary tale is not intended for those simply "calling out a grown man making millions thanks to the fans... every coach knows he is accountable to the fans." it's not directed at those that use this board for its intended purposes. it's directed at that element that spews despicable vileness as was done at a scholarship softball player and has been done on occasion toward clemson coaches, staff, admin, players and/or their families alike.

the two ideas or notions are not remotely congruent, similar or the same.

you are the same blue_caddy that has been run from this site countless times for showing your ####. tigernet has rules and you've run afoul of the conduct/civility rules on many occasions. one of my personal favorites was you attempting numerous times to use billy davis as an example of a former player unhappy with dabo and/or the direction of dabo's program. billy davis himself, in no uncertain terms, called you out in open forum for your misrepresentations. then, after using billy's good name to further your agenda of lies, you called the very man whose name you'd invoked a liar in some desperate and awkward attempt to maintain some firm ground? sorry, but my father & every clemson man i've known is better than that. you dear blue, are a blight on the very name.

in the end that particular situation is, but one of the reasons clemson is lessoned each time you claim a degree from the university. it's individuals such as you and situations such as billy's that are reason(s) it was determined many years ago i would not attend clemson, as the administration at clemson allowed on occasion a complete imbecile such as you to matriculate the hallowed halls.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?id=111973

are you supposed to be here? shrug, i like you 'cause you're easy.

One more time so even you can undrstand .... tell me a time

Mar 8, 2015, 4:23 PM

when people didn't say ugly nasty things about coaches and other public figures?

You can't because it's been part of the game from day one.

But it has NEVER been acceptable to verbally attack and bully young girls.

Now go way you hypocrite and simpleton.

null

another swing and a miss by you, idgit.

Mar 8, 2015, 4:26 PM

let me know when you have a rational synapse fire in that void between your two more than likely barn door ears.

Re: I undrstood perfectly and he was saying people are idiots

Mar 8, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I undrstood perfectly and he was saying people are idiots ]

Well that's a way to make friends

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

he's emotionally distracted & banned on another user...

Mar 8, 2015, 4:57 PM

i don't believe he's supposed to be here.

Re: he's emotionally distracted & banned on another user...

Mar 8, 2015, 5:01 PM

Gotcha

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic