Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach BB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,999

Coach BB

Mar 3, 2015, 11:30 PM

I put this game on him.

He did not shoot or make turnovers.

But he did not have ,an effective offensive plan. He did recognize who was and who was not playing well tonight. He did not motivate or inspire his team when he needed to.

He did throw anything at NC St to make them adjust... Until it was too late.

The players tried but they just do not score well on a consistent basis. The talent level is not there across the board. For every DaVoe showing progress at end of season.. There is a SR guard who still plays dumb and is not the shooter he thinks he is.

Coach BB has 2 to 3 years to show significant growth and improvement. He needs a really, really strong recruiting class coming in 2017. I like several of the younger players... But he needs a player or two who can provide impact like DW4 or CJ or Sammy in football.

We shall see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach BB

Mar 3, 2015, 11:32 PM

Corrections....
did not recognize
did not throw

just in my opinion

Mar 3, 2015, 11:41 PM

the only real problem is talent, Brownell's offense is designed to get the players open shots, which they have plenty of, at some point its on the players to simply make those shots

Seems like lack of talent might fall on the coach, right?***

Mar 3, 2015, 11:44 PM

I never said it wasnt

Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 PM

I simply said I thought that was the problem, rather than the type of offense we run.

I've always said (you can go through my post history and find it) that Brownell's biggest downside is lack of recruiting ability, and I honestly believe you have to give him a chance with the new facilities to see if that improves. (basically to see if facilities is the reason recruiting has been down or if Brad simply cannot recruit)

It's NEVER been simply about recruiting...it's ALWAYS

Mar 4, 2015, 12:31 AM

been about recruiting to CLEMSON. That's a whole other ballgame, and he isn't up to it. Ellis was to an extent (through a lot of JUCO guys). Barnes was. Purnell was. Brownell isn't. He won't win here because he can't recruit here. And that's the end of the story.

Re: It's NEVER been simply about recruiting...it's ALWAYS

Mar 4, 2015, 12:37 AM

Pour talent has improved every year Brownell has been here. We have a 4 * pg coming in next year. 4 years ago we took Rod Hall -did he even have a star?

The recruiting myth is just that- a myth.

Look at DeVoe. Kids gonna be a star. Blossom game and Grantham are studs. We are going to be more than ok. We just don't get kids who can impact the game as freshamen. And that's ok. Grantham will have his jersey hung in the rafters if he keeps his head on straight.

You're being ironic, right?***

Mar 4, 2015, 5:59 AM

Re: Seems like lack of talent might fall on the coach, right?***

Mar 3, 2015, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Seems like lack of talent might fall on the coach, right?*** ]

Yeah, but there are other variables too, like facilities, tradition, etc.

You can be the best salesman but if you don't have something to excite recruits it won't matter.

The #### wolf of Wall Street couldn't sell me on moving to Columbia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you alive during the Purnell years? He built up this

Mar 4, 2015, 6:01 AM

program after freaking Larry Shyatt. It can be done here, but it can't be done by Brownell.

Re: Were you alive during the Purnell years? He built up this

Mar 5, 2015, 10:02 AM

Yeah that was 5 years ago. Most 5 year olds don't know how to sign in to Tigernet.

And if he built up something so great then why did he leave in the middle of the night without even telling the team?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just in my opinion

Mar 3, 2015, 11:44 PM [ in reply to just in my opinion ]

Did you watch the game? How many open shots did you see during that epic drought?

Re: just in my opinion

Mar 4, 2015, 12:33 AM

I sat right behind the bench and we had plenty of good shots. We just couldn't make them.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,999
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic