Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tarholes should just hang it up. The story just gets deeper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,667

Tarholes should just hang it up. The story just gets deeper

Mar 2, 2015, 8:31 AM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/01/report-says-unc-took-advantage-of-grad-school-to-extend-eligibility-of-players/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tarholes should just hang it up. The story just gets deeper

Mar 2, 2015, 8:37 AM

I don't see the big deal in this. If you think all are football player that get into grad school at Clemson are the first choice your kidding yourself. I want unc to burn just like everyone else, but this article is a stretch and the author did no research if this is common practice at other schools.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 8:59 AM

Apparently, it doesn't matter because the NCAA has not done anything meaningful about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 9:03 AM

What people don't realize us that the NCAA already said they weren't doing anything because the classes were not just all athletes. It's a university matter. Case closed. It's bs but that's that happened and reporters and other fans don't seem to get it.

Mar 2, 2015, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Tarholes should just hang it up. The story just gets deeper ]

Are you suggesting that an athlete was accepted into a graduate program at Clemson without first having been graduated and/or having taken an appropriate equivalency exam?? Do you know of an athlete that has skirted Clemson's academic requirements merely to maintain athletic eligibility??

If you have proof of this, it should be made public and those in charge of all the graduate programs dealt with accordingly.

In unc's case, this latest revelation about the systemic cheating reaching into graduate programs is just "another brick in the wall"....and, as evidenced while this scandal continues to grow, its become likely that the "one or two" students mentioned will mushroom into many more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 9:58 AM

I can name tons of 5th year grad student football players, but I can't think of one that ended up with a masters. Please inform me of your list or Clemson football player that left hear with a master degree.

Mar 2, 2015, 1:17 PM

A student not completing graduate school is one thing....an athlete being accepted into a graduate program WITHOUT having earned a bachelors degree and/or not having taken a GRE or some kind of equivalency exam to get in would go against Clemson's academic requirements (as I understand them) and as such be an NCAA violation if it was done merely to keep an athlete eligible.

And wait a minute....you're the one making the claim there are Clemson athletes getting into grad school at Clemson thru avenues not available to other students---why should I have to provide you with a list of ANYTHING. And I'll tell you again, if you have evidence of academic impropriety, you need to let the proper folks at Clemson know about it. Intentionally violating NCAA rules is not something the academic nor the athletic side of the university takes lightly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 9:02 AM

I don't see anything happening to UNCheat and this will bolster their opinion that they are above the rules. It's sad how selective the NCAA is when handing out punishment. We know with Swofford in place as ACC Commissioner not one single thing will be done on a conference level. Look at how they handled FSU/Jameis situation ...oh wait, they did nothing there either! I guess I proved my own point.

This seems pretty tame compared to changing grades and

Mar 2, 2015, 9:18 AM

having fake classes to keep players playing.

So if that is "fine", then I don't see this being an issue either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 9:51 AM

this is just more of the ROTTEN MESS that UNC did but still swoffie says NOTHING!! when is the ACC going to get rid of that low life #$^@&@@#$% and replace him with an HONEST COMISH???????????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,667
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic